• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Shinies

~Darkness~

NJ All Day
Years
  • I caught a shiny zubat in the begining of the game. Other than that, I havent seen many. Maybe I saw one when I was little and didnt understand.

レイジングブラスト

Back after a short break
    Years
  • I've found quite a few shinies outside of the red Gyarados in crystal. The main ones I remember are; a shiny elekid(odd egg), houndour, geodude, and dunsparce. I may have had more but those are all I can think of right now.

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
  • I found a shiny Stantler and Shiny Swinub while doing my Normal UMC on this region. Only caught the Swinub though, ran out of Great Balls on the Stantler.

Years
  • Except for Red Gyarados, I found a shiny Golbat on the Whirl Islands in Crystal.
    I'm really unlucky with shinies, and this is the only shiny I've got without trading.
    Shame it's stuck on my Crystal...

Togakiss

Stay calm and collective.
    Years
  • Never found a shiny Pokemon other than red Gyarados, talk about bad luck!
    It doesn't bother me that much though because I usually don't like the appearances of shiny Pokemon.

HinaBaby

#1 Spongebob Fan!
    Years
  • Aside from the Red Gyarados, I actually caught a shiny metapod, I think I was just lucky but didn't take it seriously.

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
    Years
  • The only legit shiny I've ever caught or even SEEN is my shiny Tangela that I found in Crystal. I've known about shinies for years and I know almost every shiny color. I've also used trades and cheats but that is my only legit 1 in 9000-something chance shiny and I LOVE it!

Ho-oh 112

Advance Scripter
    Years
    • Seen Mar 8, 2014
    Shiny Drowzee In Gold (at that time I was 7 and traded it for a machop named Muscle)...

Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2021
    I have lots of shinies from trades and stuff and I, of course, caught the Red Gyarados in Silver. I breed shinies and also use RNG to chain them but the only RANDOM encounter I've had with a shiny came in Heart Gold when I was walking through Ilex Forest when I encountered a Caterpie. I called it Golderpie, then Blingapod and then Shinyfree.

dylkimaloc

Resident Water-type fan
    Years
  • I caught a shiny Goldeen in Gold back when I was younger. I was afraid of letting it evolve into a Seaking 'cause I thought it would loose it's shiny-ness.

jimbozo21

Veteran Pokemaniac
    Years
  • hmm. found a shiny (green) weedle during the bug contest one time. evolved it untill beedrill.... didnt really do much for me tho.. i mean, its shiny but its a beedrill... haha

notcrazy_iminsane

Manga Artist
    Years
  • I've (of course) got the Red Gyrados in both Silver and Crystal.

In Crystal I caught a Shiny Rattata, but lost it due to some jerk taking my game and saving over it with a new file (Lost my lvl 100 Typhlosion. Grr.)

In Silver while exploiting the Daycare glitch I got a PokeRus infected Shiny Beedrill if that counts for anything.

I've been trying like crazy to get a Shiney Abra and Meowth. No luck so far.

Back