• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Shiny Alolan Golem GX #102 or #113?

Ves

Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2021
    I found this Alolan Golem GX card in my collection, it is labeled card #102 but is shiny and looks more like card #113? I don't think it is fake because I only buy cards from big box stores.

Anybody know about this? Is it a misprint?

Attachments

• Shiny Alolan Golem GX  #102 or #113?
      PXL_20210323_141339878.jpg
      223.7 KB · Views: 10
    Years
    I found this Alolan Golem GX card in my collection, it is labeled card #102 but is shiny and looks more like card #113? I don't think it is fake because I only buy cards from big box stores.

Anybody know about this? Is it a misprint?

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but the fonts on their own indicate it's a counterfeit. Also, from the picture, the card looks like it has no texture to it. Rainbow rares from the early Sun & Moon era sets like Crimson Invasion have texture to them.

What store and what product type did you buy it in? Wal-Mart and Target both stock some unofficial boxes of cards and packs that are not packed by The Pokemon Company and are instead assembled by a different company that doesn't check the cards to filter out counterfeits before they pack them.

Ves

Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2021
    Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but the fonts on their own indicate it's a counterfeit. Also, from the picture, the card looks like it has no texture to it. Rainbow rares from the early Sun & Moon era sets like Crimson Invasion have texture to them.

What store and what product type did you buy it in? Wal-Mart and Target both stock some unofficial boxes of cards and packs that are not packed by The Pokemon Company and are instead assembled by a different company that doesn't check the cards to filter out counterfeits before they pack them.

I see what you mean about the font, it is indeed different. And you are right, there is no texture to this card. That is unfortunate. I get most of my cards from Walmart or other big stores like Toy-R-Us.

Thanks for your response.

Years
    • Seen Mar 26, 2021
    What's good boys. I've got a XY evolutions Charizard and was wandering if you could give me a value for it.

Back