• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Shiny Gold Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    I have been having a problem with saving my game. When I do it it says sopmething aqbout the battery and brings up an error message. I tried deleting the save files(there weren't any made) and changing the flash to 128k(and restarting the emulator) like you said to and it still doesnt work. Does anyone kno how to fix it?

Restart from the beginning and use save states

Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2014
    quick question
    bad eggs keep on spawning in my px box
    is there any way to stop these things and y do tehy keep on spawning?

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2009
    I know it is kinda impossible but can you list all the pkmns I can catch by now. Or maybe just the rare one. For example can I catch deoxus or the three birds.

Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2020
    quick question
    bad eggs keep on spawning in my px box
    is there any way to stop these things and y do tehy keep on spawning?

Nope, you either have a bad rom or you're using GS/AR codes.

I know it is kinda impossible but can you list all the pkmns I can catch by now. Or maybe just the rare one. For example can I catch deoxus or the three birds.

There is a shiny gold dex for beta 5 in the first post of the shiny gold thread, and spoilers on the first page of this thread for rare and starter pokemon currently available.

Years
    • Seen May 4, 2009
    Just a couple Q's:

1. Every time I get a wurmple it evolves into silcoon. How do you know if it will evolvie into cascoon?

2. Are there any fossil pokemon in beta 5? If so how do you get them and where do you take them to be resurrected?

3. I saw a video online for how to catch a deoxys. Can you really do this or is it a fake?

4. I saw Zel's youtube videos and saw that he created mini games. Where can I find these games?

Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2009
    I need serious help.

I flew to New Bark Town, went east and then North to get to the Pokemon League, however, I reached the top and I saw a house blocking the way, the house's door said:

Men at work ... ...
    END OF PREVIEW ... ...

However, as far as I'm concerned, Shiny Gold Beta 5 DOES have the Elite 4, am I using the wrong version or something? I'm playing a "Pokemon Shiny Gold ROM", I don't know if that's Zel's latest work or not, however, I'd appreciate some help on how I can play the game and get to the Elite 4.

Also, just for reference, the ROM I'm playing is this: *Removed the Link*

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    cygnus said:
    I need serious help.

I flew to New Bark Town, went east and then North to get to the Pokemon League, however, I reached the top and I saw a house blocking the way, the house's door said:

Men at work ... ...
    END OF PREVIEW ... ...

However, as far as I'm concerned, Shiny Gold Beta 5 DOES have the Elite 4, am I using the wrong version or something? I'm playing a "Pokemon Shiny Gold ROM", I don't know if that's Zel's latest work or not, however, I'd appreciate some help on how I can play the game and get to the Elite 4.

Never link to ROMs, it is against the rules.

Surf

Years
    • Age 29
    • Rust
    • Seen Jul 31, 2011
    I need serious help.

Men at work ... ...
    END OF PREVIEW ... ...

Thats because you have the betaq 4 preview

Surf

Years
    • Age 29
    • Rust
    • Seen Jul 31, 2011
    I need serious help.

Men at work ... ...
    END OF PREVIEW ... ...

Tried patching the game following the steps and it patched it, problem is, when I opened the game on VBA, I got a blank screen and an annoying sound...help?

You need to get a CLEAN FIRE RED ROM and patch it to that. I think you can use the same save file

Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2009
    I obviously used a clean FireRed ROM since I downloaded it at the same time I downloaded the .ips file just so I could patch the rom...

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2009
    Hi I have a question...

First of all let me say thank god I didn't find this hack sooner.. I'm glad I found it later because it's nearly complete.. great great great remake Gold and Silver were ALWAYS my favorite Pokemon games..

Anyways back to my question.

How do the "have to trade to evolve" Pokemon evolve?

For example I don't want to train my Onix and Haunter too much incase they can evolve now somehow..

Thanks

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2008
    Uhmmm, I was wondering, Where can I download LIPS where the topic of shiny gold talks about? I now have the rom, and the .ips file, but now I don't know what to do :s

ahungryhamster

Custom User Title
    Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2018
    Juts wondering, can you get the VS Seeker in the normal version of the game? I know you get it at the start of SG X, but do you get it at some point during the normal game?

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
    Uhmmm, I was wondering, Where can I download LIPS where the topic of shiny gold talks about? I now have the rom, and the .ips file, but now I don't know what to do :s
    You can download it at Whack a Hack.

Every time I start my game and walk downstairs the game freezes how do I fix this problem?
    Did you patch the hack to a clean Rom?

Darklas

Currently in despair.
    Years
    Spoiler:
    Now. On to my questions.

Is the latest version Beta 5?
    Where is the latest version updated up to?

Sorry. Question solved. I didn't realise there was a thread in the Showcase section, I was referring to the one in the Progressing Hacks section.

Last edited:

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    Hi I have a question...

First of all let me say thank god I didn't find this hack sooner.. I'm glad I found it later because it's nearly complete.. great great great remake Gold and Silver were ALWAYS my favorite Pokemon games..

Anyways back to my question.

How do the "have to trade to evolve" Pokemon evolve?

For example I don't want to train my Onix and Haunter too much incase they can evolve now somehow..

Thanks

Level them 2 up. Don't kow what level though... Its quicker to trade though.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back