• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Shiny Gold Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kikue

Pokemon Trainer
Years
  • To patch it you need to get a Lunar IPS, just go to goolge and write "Lunar IPS download" and it will appear

EDIT: Here is the link to download it: https://www.zophar.net/utilities/patchutil/lunar-ips.html

I'm going to continue BlueShadow's answer for those who are confused of how to patch the game. All right, so after you download the Lunar IPS, to patch the game, first download a Pokemon Firered rom game, make sure you can save the game. Just test the game, you can delete the file later if you don't want the saved file. After that, go download Zel's Pokemon Shiny Gold beta 5. After downloading that, go to your file to click Lunar IPS. Click on Apply IPS patch, then go to your file to click on Pokemon Firered, than Pokemon Shiny Gold.

Crocky

SuperScarlet!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2020
    Thanks I was able to get it. But i have another problem. i can't save. And I tried the eliminator flash 128 thing

Kikue

Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • Thanks I was able to get it. But i have another problem. i can't save. And I tried the eliminator flash 128 thing

Did you try to test the Pokemon Firered rom if it could save properly before patching the rom? It's important to do that so that you wouldn't waste time patching a file for something that can't save.

Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2009
    No you can't. As Pewter city isnt made yet, you cant get the Silver Wing which would lead you to Lugia.

I'm sorry,. I have already asked about Lugia and I got answer. But I cannot find Pikachu. I also got egg in that pillar with wishes. What will hatch from that egg?

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • I'm sorry,. I have already asked about Lugia and I got answer. But I cannot find Pikachu. I also got egg in that pillar with wishes. What will hatch from that egg?

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2009
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Thank you very much, my friend ;).

Did I do something to obtain this egg? I just came to the phillar, press z and obtained the egg. It's strange. I am very very lucky, I think.

Kikue

Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • Thank you very much, my friend ;).

Did I do something to obtain this egg? I just came to the phillar, press z and obtained the egg. It's strange. I am very very lucky, I think.

Oh, you're definitely lucky. I got the egg myself, but I'm starting a new game, so it will be hard to get the egg again.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2009
    I came to that Pikachu near my house and it's only saying pika pika. How can I catch him?

Years
    • Seen Mar 9, 2009
    2 things:
    1.) Where can I find Ice Beam TM?
    2.) I'm on shiny gold X, say I was stupid enough to try a 1 pokemon only challenge, what level should I be looking to do elite 4?

2 things:
    1.) Where can I find Ice Beam TM?
    2.) I'm on shiny gold X, say I was stupid enough to try a 1 pokemon only challenge, what level should I be looking to do elite 4?

Depends on what pokemon you train. Pokemon needs diffeent amounts of exp.

But if you train an average pokemon, around lv 65 or 70, I think, even more.

OK, i have some problems. Just aftr i captured my slakoth my name changed from OSCAR, to OSC(down arrow)R. I know it happens to you too. If someone has the answer why this happens please tell me. Anyways, I get like 1.5x more experience :/ Luckily it happened after i got the last johto badge, if not, my pokemon wouldn't obey me.

Kikue

Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • Now I have a question of my own, Blaziken or Arcanine? Stats wise, they're about equal in strength. Which do you think it better for my team? What movesets should Blaziken and Aracnine have? My current team is shown in my signature. When answering the question, don't just say, "Oh, choose Arcanine, it's so cool and stuff." No, no, answer with reasoning. Like why you think its moveset is so great and how beneficial it would be in battle.

Is there a way to get a leaf stone before the Elite 4?

yoni159

a ... nvm/np
    Years
  • answer to Kikue

Now I have a question of my own, Blaziken or Arcanine? Stats wise, they're about equal in strength. Which do you think it better for my team? What movesets should Blaziken and Aracnine have? My current team is shown in my signature. When answering the question, don't just say, "Oh, choose Arcanine, it's so cool and stuff." No, no, answer with reasoning. Like why you think its moveset is so great and how beneficial it would be in battle.

As much as I see your team will have a bit of hard time against Water/Ice Pokemon (Unless Feraligatr has a Fighting move and then it's not a proplem). If that's the case you could use Blaziken Fighting moves.

Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2014
    Now I have a question of my own, Blaziken or Arcanine? Stats wise, they're about equal in strength. Which do you think it better for my team? What movesets should Blaziken and Aracnine have? My current team is shown in my signature. When answering the question, don't just say, "Oh, choose Arcanine, it's so cool and stuff." No, no, answer with reasoning. Like why you think its moveset is so great and how beneficial it would be in battle.

Blaziken have fire, fighting and sky attack move, so I suggest go for Blaziken.

Kikue

Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • Blaziken have fire, fighting and sky attack move, so I suggest go for Blaziken.

As much as I see your team will have a bit of hard time against Water/Ice Pokemon (Unless Feraligatr has a Fighting move and then it's not a proplem). If that's the case you could use Blaziken Fighting moves.

Well, I'm not sure of Fraligatr's moveset at the moment, do you perhaps have any suggestions for his moveset? My Fraligatr is currently at lv. 55.

Fraligatr:
    Surf
    Ice Punch
    Slash
    Swagger

As for Baziken, I'm thinking of chosing him over Arcanine, with a moveset like

Bulk Up
    Substitution
    Focus Punch
    Blaze Kick

Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2009
    I did everything in beta 5 what I can do and it's my water team :

FERALIGATR lv. 79 :
    Strength
    Bite
    Ice Punch
    Hydro Pump

WALREIN lv. 68
    Blizzard
    Waterfall
    Ice Ball
    Body Slam

SWAMPERT lv. 67
    Iron Tail
    Mud Shot
    Earthquake
    Surf

GYARADOS lv.67
    Hydro Pump
    Dragonbreathe
    Flamethrower
    Hyper Beam

POLIWRATH lv. 67
    Brick Break
    Hypnosis
    Hydro Pump
    Body Slam

And last slot is for Hoothoot with Fly and Flash or Zigzagoon with Rock Smash, Surf, Headbutt, Cut and Pick Up ability. I think it's quite good team ;).

I have got 335 seen and 308 owned Pokemons in National Pokedex and 143 seen and 131 owned Pokemons in Kanto Pokedex.

And I have a question. How eveolve Onix and Porygon? Which level?

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back