• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Sword & Shield] Shiny Help?

Sugar-Fable

Pokemon Princess
Years
  • SO I want to play through the game with a shiny Pancham so as soon as I unlocked the wild area I started hunting for one. I'm up to 614 defeated and still nothing. I heard from someone that the shiny chaining was glitched but I wasn't sure if that was true? I do have a foreign Ditto which I didn't get until I was already a couple hundred Pancham in, so I'm not sure if I should just give up until I can unlock the daycare and breed for one?
    Basically: What's the easiest/fastest way I could get a shiny Pancham at this point?

Last edited:

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional
    Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    SO I want to play through the game with a shiny Pancham so as soon as I unlocked the wild area I started hunting for one. I'm up to 614 defeated and still nothing. I heard from someone that the shiny chaining was glitched but I wasn't sure if that was true? I do have a foreign Ditto which I didn't get until I was already a couple hundred Pancham in, so I'm not sure if I should just give up until I can unlock the daycare and breed for one?
    Basically: What's the easiest/fastest way I could get a shiny Pancham at this point?

MM all the way.

From what I understand, the method of defeating pokemon (which I'll call murder method) is apparently (?) bugged. It's supposed to be that once you get at least 500 total kills and a combo of at least 100 kills, you'll have about the same odds as MM. However, there's a bug where instead, you'll only have a 3% of having MM odds. So murder method is pretty much the same as full odds hunting for the most part.

Back