• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Shiny Hour

zacharias

Z Fighter
    Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2007
    hard to say, maybe just lucky, but might be there something to do with the time as well^^" i am not much help^^"

Ársa

k.
    Years
    XD.....no, there is a 1 in 8*** something chance of finding a shiny, and many trainers go there whole pokemon days without ever getting a Shiny pokemon. I am lucky, and have found (not including Pokeradar or Soft-Reseting) around 25 Shiny pokemon. The greatest coincidence I have had is when I found 2 shinies IN A ROW!

~M51

Marcy_11

Metapod is hot
    Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2008
    Well my friend got her first shiny while at my house and i got both mine while talking to her

coincidence?

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
    its a 1 in 8192 chance and gets tougher if you want shiny starters or legendaries.

Actually, since the probability doesn't change, it'd probably be easier because all you have to do is soft-reset over and over again instead of wander around patches of grass that may contain Pokemon other than the one you want as a shiny anyway.

The_General

Team Rocket General
    Years
    Between the hours of 5PM and 6PM you say? Whilst there may be this 1 in 8192 chance of finding a shiny Pokémon, I wouldn't count out the possibility of there being a variable which determines an encounter within a certain time frame/window. It sounds plausible given that you seem to encounter a shiny within the window of 5PM and 6PM. How many Shinnies is it exactly that you've procured, and have you been able to pull this off on a day-to-day basis?

~The General~

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
    That is just luck. I haven't had a shiny in such a long time. It is starting to bug me.

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2015
    Ok, I play for about 3-4 hours each day. While I'm playing between about 5-6 pm I always get at least one shiny, coincidence?

In real time or in Game Time? Because if this is a glitch or something on the version you're playing(please specify), then I'd like to have a go at it too, since the only shiny I've found so far are a Primeape on Victory Road on my old LeafGreen file before I transferred everything and restarted for Nuggets, and a shiny Pikachu in the Safari zone.

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2015
    What's your time zone? I live far, far away from the States at the moment(assuming that's where you live) for an incredibly prolonged vacation and would like some shinies. Bad.

Back