• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Shiny Pokemon- A question...

Solyss

✖Come At Me, Bro✖
    Years
    I have a question about shiny Pokemon. I know that they are extremely rare and valuable versions of they're normal forms, but where do you find them?
    I am playing Pokemon Leaf Green at the moment, and I have never seen a Shiny Pokemon in that game, or any Pokemon game I have played. Is there something specific I am supposed to do to make them appear?

[I'm sorry if there is already a topic like this, but my computer wasn't loading the search engine to try to look for it. ;-;]

Ryden

Friendly Lurker
    Years
    nah you simply find them randomly with a massive amount of luck. they can be anywhere, the odds of seeing one are very low though

41victory

>.> Nobody saw anything <.<
    Years
    its at random in a 1/8000something chance wherever you can find pokemon.
    So theres nothing you can do to make them appear, But in DP there is a item called Pokeradar that chains the pokemon and that help get shinys faster, you can read about that elsewhere because im not typing it. (not to be rude just cuzs its long and im lazt) :)

Solyss

✖Come At Me, Bro✖
    Years
    I see. I had no idea that were that rare. It's no wonder I've never seen one.

Thank you for you're help. :]

Vie

Years
    if you reset, you maybe get a shiny starter. I tried it about 5000 times, but I did not get one...bad luck...

gee2k8

Slicker than your average
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Sep 24, 2013
    i heard that on fire red and leaf green that you need to clock up 60 hours first...is this correct?

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    No. o____________o;

Where did you get that information? Each wild Pokemon you encounter has a 1/8193 chance of being shiny. This doesn't mean that by 4193 encounters you will have found a shiny Pokemon. It's chosen by each battle, not the overall battle amount. That's basically it... I believe any further information you get is false.

The information is quite obviously false for the very reason that your starters can be shiny.

Last edited:

AdvanceMapper

Stop scaring the little kids!
    Years
    No. o____________o;

Where did you get that information? Each wild Pokemon you encounter has a 1/4193 chance of being shiny. This doesn't mean that by 4193 encounters you will have found a shiny Pokemon. It's chosen by each battle, not the overall battle amount. That's basically it... I believe any further information you get is false.

The information is quite obviously false for the very reason that your starters can be shiny.

*cough* 1/8192 chance of finding a shiny *cough*

Ult.Strike.

'Life is tough, get a helmet!'
    Years
    Actually, encountering a shiny Pokemon can also depend on your location.
    After leaving alternating cave, from the Hoenn series, the chance of finding a Shiny Pokemon like Magikarp is slightly boosted to 5/8193.

This is just a rumor...

Sweet Candace

So Awesome! /)^ɛ^(\
    Years
    Yes it's 1/8192. But, you're super lucky to get a shiny starter! Don't worry. You'll find one like I did. Stumbling around looking for something important when a shiny Pokemon appears. Just keep at the game, you might come across one

chaos11011

[untitled]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • MA
    • Seen May 4, 2021
    You have to be lucky once when I was 7 I found a shiny paras and restarted because I thought it was a glich to this very day a regret it

ollieon

Eevee Breeder
    Years
    not that a shiny paras would have been any good...
    i got my eevee from celadon as a shiny, god i had some luck :)
    it seems more worthwilee when you get a shiny of a decent pokemon.
    dont worry, youll find another shiny, and it will be better than a crappy paras

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Actually, encountering a shiny Pokemon can also depend on your location.
    After leaving alternating cave, from the Hoenn series, the chance of finding a Shiny Pokemon like Magikarp is slightly boosted to 5/8193.

This is just a rumor...

Thats not true in the slightest.

EvilMuffinKate

Mimi! XD
    Years
    I once caught a shiny Tentacool. Nothing much to brag about, it's not really much special even though it's shiny. I hope that on some games later i see a shiny Latios. <3 :]

Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Sep 10, 2015
    if there was other benefits other than a poke being shiny, it would be worthwhile trying to catch one. of course you can cheat as someone else said, which is what I do as well :P

Years
    hmm shinies hey i was luck enough to get a shiny treeko in emerald but would love a shiny charmander just cause a balck charizard would look awesome.

but yeah 1/8192 chance gotta be really lucky

Back