• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Shiny Pokemon- A question...

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    1/8192 of finding one in the wild, or in eggs. If you want a shiny legendary soft reset after saving in front of it but you cant do that for traveling shinys so they are especially rare.

~*Champion Shirona*~

砞砟砠砠촼촕촂吏
    Years
  • Here is a story:

Listen to this...I had finally made up my mind to catch a Shiny Rayquaza no matter what happened in my Emerald Version. Everyday when I had free time I would begin to soft reset my game (lets say about 500 times a day). After like 3 weeks a Shiny Rayquaza popped up. By now, I WAS SO USED TO SOFT RESETTING. Right when it appeared I pressed (start, select, A,B) and soft resetted without knowing what I just did. By NOW I WAS ABOUT TO THROW MY FREAKING D.S out the window...I couldn't stop staring at the D.S. Just out of my rage i restarted the game and I clicked on the Rayquaza again. AND WHAT YOU KNOW. Shiny Rayquaza AGAIN. O______O.

All Luck.....

:16:

Xemphos

The Destroying Beast
    Years
  • In my Sapphire game i found a shiny spheal in that cave(Dont worry i cought it xD) and i kept it with me at all times when i first found it i was with my cousin and i was like 0__o ASHLEY WHATS THIS!?!? but yep i have some luck too

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    In my Sapphire game i found a shiny spheal in that cave(Dont worry i cought it xD) and i kept it with me at all times when i first found it i was with my cousin and i was like 0__o ASHLEY WHATS THIS!?!? but yep i have some luck too

I did that too with my shiny raticate because I thought it was special.

nssfleahedgehog

Master of the W Universe
    Years
  • My first shiny (besides the Red Gyarados of the Lake of Rage) was a shiny Exeggcute in Crystal, and it was pretty nasty looking (an ugly gray or something). I did catch it, of course. Since then, I have NEVER encountered another shiny in ANY other game.

dracolord775

Lord of Darkness, I think...
    Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2012
    The only random event shiny I've ever seen was a rattata, which really fumed me.

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    The only random event shiny I've ever seen was a rattata, which really fumed me.

Hey, that was my first shiny, I had a hamster at the tim so I named it after him. RIP Rocky.

Greyson

Came just to kill your thread.
    Years
  • You can find shinies anywhere throughout the game no matter when you start. once I found my first shiny before I even delivered oaks parcel. It was a shiny pidgey and i couldnt catch it because I had no pokeballs. needless to say I flipped out =P

Back