• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Shiny Pokemon Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    You save before the professor gives you one, then take it and either view it in battle or check its stat screen. If it's not shiny, restart. (The small icons and little popups you see when asked to confirm do not show whether the Pok?mon is shiny. In fact, its stats are determined when it says, "TRAINER recieved a POK?MON!")

Yumecosmos

Village Idiot (and proud!)
    Years
    grr...

is it me or is shiny regiice totally not worth the effort? it doesn't even look that different... :P
    not that I wouldn't still jump at the chance to get one, but... ^_^;

the worst thing happened to me the other day. My little sis told me she was playing and saw "a funny colored one." I got all excited, but she had already knocked it out. I was like, nooooooooo! T_T That's life, I guess.

Woo, shiny swampert. congratulations! ^^

Joey the Cockroach

Dino Crisis will never die!!!!
    Years
    Yumecosmos said:
    is it me or is shiny regiice totally not worth the effort? it doesn't even look that different... :P
    not that I wouldn't still jump at the chance to get one, but... ^_^;

the worst thing happened to me the other day. My little sis told me she was playing and saw "a funny colored one." I got all excited, but she had already knocked it out. I was like, nooooooooo! T_T That's life, I guess.

Woo, shiny swampert. congratulations! ^^

i know, shiny regice doesnt look different at all does it? BTW, I tried 2 trade shiny spinda on my friend's game. when i looked at it on his game, the shiny was gone and it was a "normal" colored 1. can u get it back?

Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2006
    I heard that you couldn't breed for Shinies in Ruby/Sapphire, Is this true?

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    If you mean that having a shiny parent(s) doesn't increase your chance of havin a shiny, then yes, it's true. Shininess is now completely random. If you breed two non-shiny Pokemon, there's a chance that you'll get a shiny one.

Blastoise Master 8

The n00b Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2006
    YEAH! Yesterday, I was walking around in Meteor falls in my Sapphire, and having only played 12 hours on the game, and hadn't caught a shiny since 2001, had forgot that there was such a thing. But, regardless, I was walking around and ran into a Lunatone. I had seen about a hundred that day, but noticed something was weird about. IT HAD BLUE EYES!!!!! I was like "That's weird...." And then the stars appeared around it. I was like "That's weird again...." And then I remembered "SHINY!!!!!!!!" lol.

So, I ended up catching it, and then I did a little happy dance.

Back in the days of G/S, I caught Red Gyarados (duh), Red Donphan, and Gold Onix, all in Mount Silver (except forv Gyarados.)

Karrit

Vulpix Master
    Years
    • Age 45
    • Seen Mar 7, 2011
    I was on Route 101 in Sapphire and caught my first shiny. It's a female poochyena with a lovely golden colour.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    Pure luck. Chances are 1/8250... so good luck. I've only seen the Red Gyarados in Gold (and killed it), and I've yet to see another shiny since.

firemaster

Art Martyr
    Years
    somehow those odds seem too good.

I have like 1000 hours of playtime between all my games... and you see like 100 in an hour.... i still havent seen a shiny... bah... i hate you all....

Years
    Blastoise Master 8 said:
    YEAH! Yesterday, I was walking around in Meteor falls in my Sapphire, and having only played 12 hours on the game, and hadn't caught a shiny since 2001, had forgot that there was such a thing. But, regardless, I was walking around and ran into a Lunatone. I had seen about a hundred that day, but noticed something was weird about. IT HAD BLUE EYES!!!!! I was like "That's weird...." And then the stars appeared around it. I was like "That's weird again...." And then I remembered "SHINY!!!!!!!!" lol.

So, I ended up catching it, and then I did a little happy dance.
    Hmm... Once in a blue moon? Shiny Lunatone's pretty nice, but would've been better if he was entirely blue w. red/gold eyes IMO.

Joey the Cockroach

Dino Crisis will never die!!!!
    Years
    i feel shan for ur cousin. he saw a shiny and never had n e pokeballs? never!!!! (in a sad way) well ive got at least 11 shinies!!!! poochyena, groudon, regice, regirock, registeel, spheal, duskull, aron, bagon, whismur, i cant remember the other 1. ill dit this post when i find out.

Years
    Shinies can run under the same circumstances as normal Pok?mon, and they usually do if they have the option. Shiny Lairon will use Roar. Shiny Pidgey will use Whirlwind, shiny Abra will (duh) Teleport, XD, as will shiny Natu. If you're up against something like a Bellsprout, there's no chance that it'll run. Beware of shiny Geodudes, though, as they'll EXPLODE!!
    (in all cases, they can only flee by the above means if they're at the right level to know the mentioned moves)

Nicks

Chromeosome
    Years
    MetalMario said:
    You save before the professor gives you one, then take it and either view it in battle or check its stat screen. If it's not shiny, restart. (The small icons and little popups you see when asked to confirm do not show whether the Pok?mon is shiny. In fact, its stats are determined when it says, "TRAINER recieved a POK?MON!")

wait a minute, does this mean that i could be seeing shinies and not know it?! :confused:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back