• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Shiny Pokemon Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ash&pikachuarethebest

Houndoom trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2014
    Thanks for that Blazed well i have been playing pokemon for a good few years now and i haven't seen another shiny bar the well known red garados.

Years
    Anyone know if its possible to get a shiny beldum if you take the pokeball from stevens house enough times? Meaning if you save in front of it and take the ball over and over again until you get a shiny.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Apr 8, 2012
    I just caught a shiny silcoon while on my way through the Petalburg woods. I guess I'll get it to evolve and stick it in my PC, because Beautifly is pretty worthless in battles...

Ash&pikachuarethebest

Houndoom trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2014
    In answer to your question Silver Flame I would have thought so since the same thing applies to getting a shiny starter pokemon.

Jim

Dinner
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Dec 25, 2011
    A lot of Pokemon look worse when their shiny... And My friend once had a Shiny Golem on Silver or Gold...
    Has anyone got a Shiny Donphan? They're amazing :D :D :D I want one :D .

Years
    In answer to your question Silver Flame I would have thought so since the same thing applies to getting a shiny starter pokemon.

Awesome Because i have been going about getting one (I love the silver Metagross" For a few weeks now adding up to a grand total of 200 hours (or so i would guess because of turning on and off) I am going to keep going till i get one :)

Jim

Dinner
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Dec 25, 2011
    Yesterday I was fishing around for a Magikarp on my Emerald (To help complete Pokedex). I was of course using Old Rod. I accidentilly beat a Magikarp instead of catching it. I'm glad I did because the next pokemon was a SHINY FEEBAS!!!! I'm in the proscess of trying to get it too Evolve! SHINY MILOTIC!

what?

an 815 survivor :P
    Years
    • Seen May 23, 2007
    what I REALLY WANT now is a shiny eevee. unfortunately i don't have leafgreen or firered to do that saving and checking process. i can breed, but that takes too long. If only i could get that shiny eevee, i could clone it and get SEVEN MORE SHINY POKEMON!!!!! x)

Tentachu

Movie Making Expert
    Years
    Found my first shiny today :D:D:D:D:D!

It was an Ekans, but it was on a hack I was making while testing PokePic. So it was a shiny version of a custom Pokémon. Hope it counts! WEEEEEEEE!

Hedgehogger

Learning ASM, but struggling
    Years
    I once had several shinies in different game files, but they all had new adventures started on them. My first shiny was a Machop I found on Jagged Pass, because I was looking for a Koffing, thinking they lived there. (I was a noob back then.) Later on, I found a shiny Skarmory on Route 113 while looking for ashes, and a shiny Geodude in Granite Cave while looking for a female Abra.

.Bastion

O a t h k e e p e r
    Years
    Today was my first shiny as well.

It was a Poochyena. It had its five minutes of fame and then I put it into the PC. At least I made a box for any other shinies I get. XD

Years
    Yesterday I was fishing around for a Magikarp on my Emerald (To help complete Pokedex). I was of course using Old Rod. I accidentilly beat a Magikarp instead of catching it. I'm glad I did because the next pokemon was a SHINY FEEBAS!!!! I'm in the proscess of trying to get it too Evolve! SHINY MILOTIC!

so THATS were the shiny milotic in my thread came from... well... heres some advice on how 2 get a shiny torchic.(w/o cheats) if u start out with a female torchic, once u get 2 the day-care, breed her 3 times. the 3rd one will b shiny! oh yeh if this doesnt work, dont blame me... i havent tested it yet. muh friend named billy told me.

Rinji

srsly.
    Years
    I found a shiny zigzagoon once! ...But I didn't realize it was a shiny until after I chose the attack that made it faint X__x; It's the only shiny I've ever even found.

Years
    I just got Emerald, and I'm wondering whether or not its fairly obvious if a pokemon is shiny.. is it?

Well some are but some aren't... I'll give examples.

Here is what a normal Mightyena looks like:
    Shiny Pokemon Discussion

Here's a shiny one:
    Shiny Pokemon Discussion

A harder one to tell if it is shiny or not would be Pikachu
    Non-Shiny:
    Shiny Pokemon Discussion

Shiny:
    Shiny Pokemon Discussion

An easy way to tell is if your battling the pokemon will sparkle when they appear, so it gives you some notice if they're shiny or not, if you don't know. There's a 1 in 8192 chance that you'll find one, so the only way to actually find one is spend a very long time searching, or get super lucky. Congrats on getting Emerald, and I hope you find your first shiny real soon. :D

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back