• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Shiny Pokemon Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minabii

tree
Years
    • Seen Jul 21, 2008
    Eh? All in a row?
    You mean like "Zubat appeared!" Catch. "Zubat appeared!" Catch. "Zubat appeared!" Catch.

Sounds very unlikely. :O

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 22, 2017
    Minabii said:
    Eh? All in a row?
    You mean like "Zubat appeared!" Catch. "Zubat appeared!" Catch. "Zubat appeared!" Catch.

Sounds very unlikely. :O
    Yeah well, it happend, and I know it does sound very unlikely, but it happend, I was watching her "Traning" in Victory Road. And Bam! Shiny Zubat, Caught, Bam! Shiny Zubat and so on.

Iron Tiff

OBJECTION!
    Years
  • Brotlov, here's a tip to help you get Shinies easier. Start with those you only receive once. Save just BEFORE you get it, whether it's catching, trade, or gift. If it's not Shining, reset. Repeat till it appears Shining. All stats are reset each time, including Pokerus and Shining!

ppee_ex

pokémon colector
    Years
  • smithy.boy said:
    thats what i was scared about but last night on victory road and didn't beleive my eyes when i got a shiny golbat. Ive only had pokemon a week now and already got two shinies. Does anyone know if my shiny has a egg with another pokemon will it be shiny or normal

i heard somewhere that if you get a shiny to make an egg with another pokemon, there is 1/64 chanses for you to get another shiny

ppee_ex

pokémon colector
    Years
  • The Songbird said:
    Brotlov, here's a tip to help you get Shinies easier. Start with those you only receive once. Save just BEFORE you get it, whether it's catching, trade, or gift. If it's not Shining, reset. Repeat till it appears Shining. All stats are reset each time, including Pokerus and Shining!
    but... and if i find latias on a normal color, at the first time...so that means that the latias will allways be on that same color????????
    and doing a baby with a shining pokemon is an easy way to get another shining(if i make an egg with a male charmander(shiny)and a female growlhite, is there any chances to the baby growhlite to born on a shiny color?)
    and whats the differences of a shiny and a normal pokemon?abylities and etc...?forgive me for any kind of gramatical errors,i am from brazil...)

BG pokemon freak

Has 6 Shiny pokemon ... YAY
    Years
  • PPEE_EX
    answers:
    1. about lati- yes it's the same as the first time you see it !!! so these are one of the most hard to find shinyes - th running ones
    2. if the parent is shiny it doesn't count !!! you still have the 1/8000 chance every time you hatch an egg !!!
    3.the difference is only in the colour and that you probably have something other people don't a specie which appears like once in a gametime (except if you have looooooooooooots of luck like Aarin :P)

Lady Demoonica Darkmoon

Shiny Hunters Club Co-Owner
    Years
  • Found my 3rd Emerald shiny, a Poochyena! (Finally broke that string of shiny Oddish.)

Shiny Poochyena
    Game : Emerald
    Time: 382:55
    Nature: Relaxed
    Route: 116
    Level: 6
    HP: 21
    ATK:12
    DEF: 9
    SP.ATK: 9
    SP.DEF: 9
    SPEED: 9

Years
  • ppee_ex said:
    i heard somewhere that if you get a shiny to make an egg with another pokemon, there is 1/64 chanses for you to get another shiny
    This was true in G/S/C, when shininess was based on IVs, but it's not true any more. :(

Edit: Graargh, Demoonica! NOT ANOTHER SHINY! *refuses to make her a new card until I see my preciouss games again*

djvolcom

Private Detective
    Years
  • when i first played silver, and after gotten my starter (totodile), i came across a pidgey that shined, then after i got some pkmn balls, it came back again, so i encounter 2 shiny pokemon in one day!

Charizard-Kun™

I'm Shadow Grovyle Now
    Years
  • What a lucky guy. I never ever seen a shiny.

My friend told me he caught a ground wooper. I siad "there is no ground wooper. Wait a minute! OMG you caught A SHINY!" Ten we both were so excited.

djvolcom

Private Detective
    Years
  • Charizard-Kun™ said:
    What a lucky guy. I never ever seen a shiny.

My friend told me he caught a ground wooper. I siad "there is no ground wooper. Wait a minute! OMG you caught A SHINY!" Ten we both were so excited.

it comes so rarely, every step, u hope its a shiny pokemon.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • Not very hard for me I got 5 in Emerald
    -Geodude-found in team magma's base at level 29
    -tentacool- found on route 108 at level 15(While going on the ship)
    -Luvdisc-found in Evergrande city at level 33 (I needed one in the 1st place)
    -the most luckiest one my favorite Psychic type Chimecho-found on the summit of Mt. Pryte
    -Electrike- found surfing near my secret bases(near the bike trail. level 12

~Dark Venusaur

Last edited:

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • These are the Pokemon I found in FR/LG
    1.)Shiny Pidgeotto(LG)-found near Berry Forest.
    2.)Shiny Seel(FR)-found in seaform Islands
    3.)Shiny Geodude(FR)-Found on the path to Moltres
    4.)Shiny Slugma(LG)-Found on the path to Moltres
    5.)I Found a Shiny Geodude in LG But It used Selfdestruct.

~Dark Venusaur

Karrit

Vulpix Master
    Years
    • Age 45
    • Seen Mar 7, 2011
    The only shiny pokemon I ever caught was a poochyena just outside of Littleroot Town.

Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2006
    the only shiny i got was a hitmochan with blue gloves i got it in an egg as a trouge sorry for sp i got the egg from a ditto and a normal hitmochan i didnt notice it was shiny untill it evolved

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back