• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Shiny Pokemon - Which Do You Prefer?

ChronicEdge

Space Lion
Years
  • So, are there any shiny Pokemon that appeal to you more than their normal counterparts? Two do to me, Ninetales and Umbreon, though I can't say that I have a problem with the standard versions.

Ayselipera

I'm not that big a fan of shiny pokemon. Most of the shiny's have terrible coloring except for Azumarill, Umbreon, and Blaziken.

Fenrir Reki

Guardian of Destruction
    Years
  • Some shiny pokemon look awesome but other ones look weird. I think the pokemon that look the best as a shiny would be umbreon, espeon, ho-oh, lugia, giratina, dialga, ninetails, weavile and absol.

Black Ice

[XV]
    Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2023
    Metagross and Charizard are the only two good shinies I can think of, but I haven't seen very many shinies before.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
  • Why hasn't anyone said Shiny Ponyta?!?! ;_; She/he needs some love too! <3 The blue flames are just awesome! :D
    Shiny Pokemon - Which Do You Prefer?

Shiny Rapidash looks pretty cool too, along with the more obvious/common ones (Charizard, Metagross etc.) Also, I love the colours of Shiny Articuno and Shiny Regice, and I'm slightly bias towards Shiny Steelix, because I had one. :D (Until I lost my Pokemon Diamond ;_;)

ChronicEdge

Space Lion
    Years
  • Rapidash and Ponyta are pretty cool as shinys. I feel like a complete and total idiot for not mentioning Charizard, though.

Asgard

Why you little...
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Aug 31, 2020
    I'm a fan of shiny Ponyta/Rapidash and shiny Koffing/Weezing :> And shiny Umbreon, I guess, but that's simply because the coloring didn't change too dramatically (but still obviously changed) :'D Though... I've sorta wanted a shiny Unown recently, for some reason. I like how they're all... blue. -w-;

Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2009
    Shiny Graveler is pretty cool. When you go to the GTS and find one, its gold coloring appeals you very much, and the trader doesn't ask for a very rare Pokémon either. You are lucky enough to have the same Pokémon it asks for, so you trade. At the end of the trade, you marvel at your new piece of gold. It's now yours! But, not before it evolves in a piece of crap.

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
    Years
  • I like to see how they look the only ones I like are sparow charazard garadose I get so happy when I find a shinny pokemon when It first happened I thought it was a glitch so I looked it up haha

Citrinin

Nephrotoxic.
    Years
  • Interestingly enough, I generally prefer normal colouring to shiny. Examples of good shiny colouring (IMO) are Charizard, Rayquaza, and Gyarados. However, there are many Pokémon that look better non-shiny, I think, like Giratina.

ChronicEdge

Space Lion
    Years
  • Interestingly enough, I generally prefer normal colouring to shiny. Examples of good shiny colouring (IMO) are Charizard, Rayquaza, and Gyarados. However, there are many Pokémon that look better non-shiny, I think, like Giratina.

I think that the most revolting shiny Pokemon are the green ones. I mean seriously, check out shiny Mewtwo:

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I actually dislike most shinies because they just... aren't different enough. :( If I can't notice *right away* that something is alternately coloured, then it's not very interesting to me. (This makes me kinda sad because my two favourites--Pichu and Cherrim--look pretty similar to their shiny counterparts.) And then a lot of shinies that are really different are just ugly. I guess I'm just hard to please. XD I do *really* like these ones though:

→ Ponyta line
    → Shinx line
    → Umbreon
    → Charizard
    → Drifloon

Leyt

Absolution
    Years
  • Glaceon and Charizard instantly come to mind. A shiny Machoke kind of reminds me of the Hulk, and I have a bit of favoritism towards him due to the fact that a Machoke was my first shiny (found randomly in Victory Road). A bit off-topic; I hate how a shiny Heracross looks. Pink? Not really what I prefer my badass sweepers to look like.

Back