• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen shiny pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Dec 22, 2008
    hi, im just wondering is there an easy way to find shiny pokemon on sapphire or emerald, i have been playing sapphire for over 500 hours and emerald over 200 and i have not seen one, is it just random when they appear or is there a trick in finding them?

ErickaVolt

Born to kill.
    Years
  • Nope. You need luck. You can only find or get 1/8,192 in any Pokemon [except legendaries]. The easiest way is to cheat using AR codes. Unless if you are playing D/P, just by using PokeRadar.

Years
    • Seen Dec 22, 2008
    okay thanks i really want 1 i just havent seen any, i probably have but havent noticed :(

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Nope. You need luck. You can only find or get 1/8,192 in any Pokemon [except legendaries]. The easiest way is to cheat using AR codes. Unless if you are playing D/P, just by using PokeRadar.
    Legendaries have the same 1:8192 odds.

Aoi Natsu

Phail!Trainer
    Years
  • I've only ever seen one shiny pokemon, and that was the gyrados in Silver. But it was supposed to be a shiny, so it doesn't count.

It sure would be nifty to have a whole party of shinies, though. :3

Years
  • It sure would be nifty to have a whole party of shinies, though. :3

You'd be able to realise dreams of being a Mary Sue that you never knew you had! xD

The only alternate colour Pokémon I've ever had outside of a certain Gyarados were a Surskit and a Rhyperior, both through the GTS. And I traded the Rhyperior for an ALAMOS Darkrai. ._.

EDIT: Wow, I've been back for like, a day, and I already hit a 'milestone'. 100 posts. Bah.

Aoi Natsu

Phail!Trainer
    Years
  • *confetti* Congrats on wasting your life with pokemon! xD Nevermind the fact that yes, I, too, am a member of this comm

Not only would all of my pokemon be shinies, but they would also be level 482375897234 and any and all men would swoon over my feet because of their prowess.

Poor little Rhyperior. I have a problem with trading my pokemon because I have attachment issues. :B

Lavarider

Master of all Technology
    Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2014
    The best way to do this is to get an AR and use pokesav...other than that, nothing but luck.

Kuros

IV Breeder
    Years
  • Luck or a lot of patience. I SRed a shiny Rayquaza before, it took me about a week. Keep at it and you'll get one eventually.

Years
    • Seen Dec 22, 2008
    okay thanks when i get ds and both pokemon diamond and pearl for x-mas i will try get a shiny legendary or starter :D

Years
  • I have only seen two, one being the gyrados, and the other my Magmar. I told my friend to catch me one, since I'm a fan of fire types, and he didn't even realize it was shiny. It is now level 100, and I love him, haha.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2023
    I have only seen two, one being the gyrados, and the other my Magmar. I told my friend to catch me one, since I'm a fan of fire types, and he didn't even realize it was shiny. It is now level 100, and I love him, haha.
    LOL, you must be very lucky... did he find out afterwards that it was shiny??

awsomedude30

Am I a beginning trainer?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2014
    You can soft reset on legendaries thats the easiest way
    even so that takes a week
    If you want to encounter one normally thatd take forever
    The only shiny ive ever seen in the wild is a whishmur and i killed it =(

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back