• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Shiny Question

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2009
    Ok, most of you know that once you complete the Hoeen pokedex that you get a choice of one of the three johto starters. By looking at my avatar you would know that I am going to pick Cyndaquil because he will eventually become my favorite pokemon ever; Typhlosion. What I want to know is if I want a shiny Cyndaquil will it work if I just save before I pick him and keep turning my game on and off until he is shiny, or is it predetermined at the start of the game? All help appreciated.

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2009
    Anyone? Come on, I know somebody knows. You people are smart. Anybody??

Soulinferno

Bandit
    Years
    • Seen Mar 22, 2009
    Yea I think so though it'll probably take you a couple of hours it would probably be better if you just keep on breeding cyndaquils until you get one.

Alse what game are you talking about?

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2009
    Yea I think so though it'll probably take you a couple of hours it would probably be better if you just keep on breeding cyndaquils until you get one.

Alse what game are you talking about?

Thanks, and I am talking about emerald version. But are you sure that it is not pre-determined?

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2009
    Ok, thanks to everyone that posted, but just to double-check, you are all 100% sure that it is not pre-determined at the start of the game?

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
  • Ok, thanks to everyone that posted, but just to double-check, you are all 100% sure that it is not pre-determined at the start of the game?

It isn't pre-determined no matter what Pokemon it is. The odds are recalcuated each time for it being shiny.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • If you want to make sure it is not determined in the beginning, receive the Cyndaquil, and check the nature and maybe some sats. If they are exactly the same when you restart your game, don't waste your time.

Let me put it in clearer words. Once you get the egg, the Pokemon inside will have its nature, stats and sex determined already

:t354:tatsujin gosuto

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    No, The Pokemon when it hatches Will have it's Stats generated.
    Not sure about the stats, but the gender and nature are generated when you pick up the egg from the daycare man.

Back