• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Shiny

supermega_boy

Water Master
Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 13, 2010
    hi, I have a question, which is the easier way to get a shiny starter?

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • Soft resetting is the easiest. Breeding takes more effort but if you want to pass down a good nature/move/IVs, then you better take up your time hatching eggs. Soft reseted shinies are usually horrible. :O

Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2009
    ^__^ Be really super lucky, and keep restarting the game just before you pick your starter...

OR... I'm sure there's another way, I just don't know it D;

supermega_boy

Water Master
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 13, 2010
    Technically the easiest way is to use an Action Replay...

I want it in legit form and who many soft reseting I need to have the shiny starter?

sorry I posted WHO in the last post but I wanted to say HOW

Last edited:

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • but I don't see the point if wasting time when you can be playing the game just for a shiny. It doesn't have any added effects like it did in G/S/C. Just run into one or use a cheating device

:t354:TG

supermega_boy

Water Master
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 13, 2010
    but I don't see the point if wasting time when you can be playing the game just for a shiny. It doesn't have any added effects like it did in G/S/C. Just run into one or use a cheating device

where I can find a cheating device?

I like shinies so someone has shinies?

Last edited:

ShadowTails

I'm working on a better Avatar
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Mar 7, 2015
    but I don't see the point if wasting time when you can be playing the game just for a shiny. It doesn't have any added effects like it did in G/S/C. Just run into one or use a cheating device

I don't understand what you mean by that... I mean shinies in Gold Silver and Crystal were determined by their IVs being the same in 3 stats, doesn't mean they are better or strong, they're just usually decent.

I happen to like the effect shinies in this generation make when you encounter/send one out. By the way all the shiny starters for this generation look ugly...

supermega_boy

Water Master
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 13, 2010
    and Are more probalities to catch a legendary shiny than a starter shiny?

Back