• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen shinys in emerald

JL3

FIRE AND DRAGON POKEMON TAMER!
    Years
    MAN IVE ALREADY HATCHED TWO WHOLE BOXES OF CHARMANDERS AND NONE OF THEM ARE SHINY! IS ANYBODY ELSE HAVING THAT PROBLEM?

JL3

Years
    YEAH, SO IM THINKING ABOUT GIVING UP. NO MATTER HOW COOL THAT BLACK CHARIZARD IS ITS JUST TO HARD TO GET.MAYBE i should try for the red TYPHLOSION instead.

ppee_ex

pokémon colector
    Years
    MAN IVE ALREADY HATCHED TWO WHOLE BOXES OF CHARMANDERS AND NONE OF THEM ARE SHINY! IS ANYBODY ELSE HAVING THAT PROBLEM?

haha, i thought i was the only one who has ever tryed that....i wanted a shiny ampharos(i love ampharos;-)b...) and i filled my entire pc system with mareep eggs, but none of them hatched as a shiny... i think that if u really want that black charizard so hardly you should try it just a little more, maybe there is only one hatching to go and then you will get the shiny one, who knows...i only gave up because i dont know how a shiny ampharos looks like, so there was no reason for me to keep trying
    (by the way, i have already hatched a shiny magikarp once, and that only took me 15 minutes!and the same for a shiny shuckle...)

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    You've only hatched two boxes and you're already complaining? Two boxes have room for 60 Pokémon in total, whereas the chances of getting a shiny are 1 in 8192. You could hatch 1000 boxes of Charmanders and still not get a shiny.
    (by the way, i have already hatched a shiny magikarp once, and that only took me 15 minutes!and the same for a shiny shuckle...)
    I find that very hard to believe unless it was in G/S/C and one of the parents was shiny in which case this post doesn't belong here because this is a discussion about the GBA games.

ppee_ex

pokémon colector
    Years
    I find that very hard to believe unless it was in G/S/C and one of the parents was shiny in which case this post doesn't belong here because this is a discussion about the GBA games.

ok, its father was the shiny gyarados, but i found the shuckle in the grass(eventhough it was in GSC, it doesnt change the fact that a shiny may appear at any moment even considering the fact that it is very hard to find one.)

JL3

Years
    Hey im not complaining,its just that i have other pokemon to raise and hatching those charmanders takes up to much play time.

ppee_ex

pokémon colector
    Years
    Hey im not complaining,its just that i have other pokemon to raise and hatching those charmanders takes up to much play time.

that is true, but at least whern your game is finished and you have nothing else to do...

JL3

Years
    I GOT BOTH FIRE RED AND EMERALD,BUT I DONT LIKE THE BATTLE FRONTIER THAT MUCH,THEY RESTRICT TO MANY LEGENDS.

ppee_ex

pokémon colector
    Years
    I GOT BOTH FIRE RED AND EMERALD,BUT I DONT LIKE THE BATTLE FRONTIER THAT MUCH,THEY RESTRICT TO MANY LEGENDS.

thats wy it is fun, you have to make up an all yours team

Last edited:

Apple Inc.

This Changes Everything. Again
    Years
    I heard from my friend he got a Shiny early in crystal, so maybe crystal has a higher chance of seeing shinys

Back