• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Shipping Debates

Who should he date?

• Misty

Votes: 42 43.8%
  • May

Votes: 9 9.4%
  • Dawn

Votes: 14 14.6%
  • No one, Ash only likes Pokemon

Votes: 31 32.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Abrogate Nadir

Obscure Shipper
    Years
    I'd say any pairing could happen under the right circumstances. In the series, I doubt we'll get little more than hints, which in turn will lead to some of the more srs bizness fans arguing on how significant/insignificant they are. In fanfiction, its all fair game. Some might take more work than others to be believable, but the fact still remains.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    I hereby anounce that I convinced Platinumfan to go back to Pearlshipping... In a wierd way, but I did it :).

Abrogate Nadir

Obscure Shipper
    Years
    In the interest of spreading the love for unpopular pairings, allow me to say a little but about Rayshipping (Ash x Cynthia)

What exactly is so appealing about this match? I'm none to sure on how old Cynthia is, but an older woman might be a good fit for Ash, namely one as experienced as Cynthia. Since Ash also makes a habit of taking part in so many different leagues, I think it stands to reason that one day he will be a champion himself. So, champion love :D

Furthermore, I think their personalities would match up nicely. Both seem to share the same philosophy on being a Pokemon trainer. Cynthia wouldn't fight with Ash non-stop, but she wouldn't be submissive either, and could actually put him in his place should he have a sudden bout of immaturity (which does happen to him from time to time)

While May and Dawn dream of being top coordinators and Misty wants to be a super special awesome water trainer, Ash and Cynthia share the dream of being Pokemon masters. One of them has already achieved that, so she could help Ash do the same.

Something else that is key: Cynthia is pretty hot, amirite?

If the two of them were to travel together, she would be able to fulfill Brock's role of being a map, cooking, and all that good survival jazz, while being able to provide analytical comments and passing on bits of experience (except Cynthia >>> Brock, so it would be even better). After all, she went on a journey once too, and travels on her own. She would also serve as the mandatory female traveling companion...except in terms of arse kicking, she is Brock and Dawn combined and then some.

Additionally, when Team Rocket comes around every other week with little more than a fake mustache, maybe Cynthia will realize something is up? One can only hope.

However, there are a number of points that might be made against this pairing. Let me address them.

1. Her position on Mudkipz remains unknown. While this is true, her position and reputation alone imply a level of knowledge that goes above and beyond what is normal, and even the average trainer knows lieks mudkipz.

2. She is too old! Well, so what? Age really isn't that big of a deal, especially as one approaches.reaches adulthood. I know it is common for men to go for younger women, and women for older men, but I see nothing wrong with going against the norm. In this instance, it could be both interesting and beneficial.

3. Ash and Cynthia can't be together because Ash and (x) are meant to be together! My response: NO U. Hypothetically speaking, anything is possible, especially if we're talking fanfiction, where the author is allowed to shape circumstance and make use of plot devices. I'm of the opinion that a good author can make any pairing work, and I've seen my share of more common pairings poorly executed, which further proves the point that the author is more important than how "canon" something is (I use the term canon very loosely)

Anyone have some thoughts to add?

Spinor

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    My thoughts on that in the nicest way possible

Cynthia is virtally an ADULT. Ash is just, liek, 13. Do you actually expect something good out of that Pedophilish shipping. I don't think so. You, my friend, is very dangerous to my appetite.

Post# 1500 here. I really feel proud |.|

Last edited:

Abrogate Nadir

Obscure Shipper
    Years
    If we're going by a realistic passage of time, Ash is older than 13. I assume we are, since if we allow for a world where you can be 10 or barely older after many many years pass, everything falls apart. And, if Cynthia is virtually an adult, then that means that she isn't an adult. Both of these things considered, the age difference isn't as dramatic as you are making it out to be.

If that still isn't enough, then it is remedied quite easily--namely by nothing romantic happening until Ash is 18, in which case the age difference really is inconsequential. It is possible for them to maintain a strong relationship without it being sexual prior to then.

Come on, let's all be open minded here.

Spinor

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    If I'm any more open-minded, my head will split in half .

It really doesn't do a boy good to like someone 5" higher than him : ). It's ok to be just friends, but the age difference is more unacceptable than Pokeshipping's.

Abrogate Nadir

Obscure Shipper
    Years
    Height really doesn't have anything to do with it since it would in no way (or in no *significant* way) affect their chemistry or the authenticity of any feelings they might have for one another. As for the age difference, my previous points still hold.

AdvanceMapper

Stop scaring the little kids!
    Years
    Oh come on!
    Age makes everything change.
    Do you see a baby dating some 100-year old old person XD?

*EDIT*
    Let's talk about BangthewangShipping.
    Gary dosen't love anybody expect his left hand but his right hand needs some love too!

Last edited:

Spinor

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Sorry, that more like did a bump than back me up.

Strong age difference, especially in girls, is very significant in today's society in developed worlds. It's would be socially partly unnaccepted and think about having a girl friend 5 years older than you. Sounds wierd.

Abrogate Nadir

Obscure Shipper
    Years
    A baby dating a 100 year old is such a wildly inaccurate comparison to be drawing and exaggerates matters to the point of being extreme. We're talking about a few years difference and between people old enough to make conscious, rational choices...not one person that just came out of the womb and another who has one foot in the grave.

=

And why 'especially in girls'? The idea that it matters more when it's the girl that is older is most definitely sexist, even if non-intentionally. Relationships where the male is older are commonplace, and even a difference of 5+ years isn't all that rare. There are certainly varied opinions on what measure of age difference is acceptable, but at the end of the day, in the context of this pairing and their differences, it isn't enough to warrant immediate dismissal.

Last edited:

Spinor

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    I don't think I should bother with this anymore. Your shipping is sensless and out of the blue like Red and Yuki. Plus, there is no evidence in the anime to support this.

Out 4 now.

Abrogate Nadir

Obscure Shipper
    Years
    You're free to think it's senseless, but I'd like to respectfully point out that a debate entails making points which are able to stand up to scrutiny--something you have not been able to do.

As for a lack of evidence coming from the anime, that isn't really a concern since at no point did I try to suggest it was likely to happen in the series. I've only argued on the pairing's appeal in a hypothetical or fanfictional sense.

shedinjask

all about how to pokemoning
    Years
    AK9 didn't we solve this whole 'acceptance' thing with H/P? Do you read at all? Are you capable of understanding the simplest of logical conclusions?

Also rofl Pokeshipping's age difference. Maturity level I can understand, but they're like two years apart.

I don't really like Ash that much so I don't pair him with anyone but Cynthia sounds good if I were to make a choice.

Graceful

あぁ、たいさ!♥
    Years
    This is... the official shipping debate thread. Where... you debate on shippings. Duh. -_-

Since topics seem to be cluttered with "MISTY AND ASH 4EVA!" then "WHAAAAT?! IT'S MAY AND ASH FOO!!", let's just make a topic to keep everything in. At least to keep things organized.

Feel free to defend your favorite shippings, and crush the ones you hate. Because, that's the whole point.

Oh, and try not to kill each other with meaningless bashing.

Ok, since no one obviously wants to post (11 views but no replies?), so let's debate about Pokeshipping first. Just because that really fuels my fire.

Soo, once an AAML fan comes here, we can get things started...

Nooooooo!
    I must look after myself and Pokeshipping!

Abrogate Nadir

Obscure Shipper
    Years
    Today I would like to speak about the wonders of Sapphireshipping (May x Dawn). First instinct might make people shy away from it on the grounds that they are of the same gender, but let's all keep an open mind!

First, what does this pairing have to offer? Well, both are contest coordinators, so they have a shared dream/profession. Both also show signs of rapid improvement compared to trainers who have been at it for a good deal longer. This would, in turn, lead to them pushing one another to new heights.

Second, if May and Dawn are together, shippers of Ash and Misty can rejoice, since they are seen as the closest competition for his affection though I wouldn't personally object to an Ash/May/Dawn 3-way

Third, for those who watch the Japanese episodes, they clearly get along great and have good chemistry. I realize this is a subjective point however, but in my own view, it seems that way.

Also note that those who get up in arms about an age difference have nothing to complain about here (the exception being those who fancy homophobia)

Further more, this pairing would lead to eventual sexay fun tiemz, and who doesn't like that?

And now for some responses to possible arguments against this pairing:

1. They are both girls!
    Response: So?

2. There is no canon evidence that they like each other that way!

3. May is meant for someone else!

4. Something not covered above!

Might all who would support this pairing say 'aye'?

shedinjask

all about how to pokemoning
    Years
    I agree that May/Dawn (SapphirePearlshipping btw) is a great pairing and would like to add my support for Eclairshipping, May/Dawn/Zoey.

AdvanceMapper

Stop scaring the little kids!
    Years
    So you support the shipping of Ash/May/Dawn?

Will find the name in a sec.

*Edit* Or maybe FightLove shipping?
    AshXMistyXMayXDawn

*Edit* Can't find the name of Ash/May/Dawn.

*Edit* It's SapphirePEARLShipping, May/Dawn.

</disgust>

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back