• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Shipping Debates

Who should he date?

• Misty

Votes: 42 43.8%
  • May

Votes: 9 9.4%
  • Dawn

Votes: 14 14.6%
  • No one, Ash only likes Pokemon

Votes: 31 32.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Be realistic. Those shippings just won't happen. The writers would not introduce shippings of GxG nature. Because of human nature, and the fact that America really needs a blessing. I don't wish to bring up again Homosexual Shippings but If I have to, I'll crush them like Diamonds to ashes. : )

Abrogate Nadir

Obscure Shipper
    Years
    I addressed this with point number 2 (There is no evidence in the series). The response being: So?

What I mean is, whether it will happen in the anime we all watch is irrelevant. In all likelyhood, no pairing will ever happen between Ash and another person, simply because it is a kids show and establishing a canon pairing would piss off a lot of viewers. This doesn't stop people from liking Pokeshipping, Pearlshipping, or any other one.

So if your argument is 'it won't happen in the anime, therefore it is a bad pairing' than by default, all pairings are bad.

But even if we ignore all that, refer to our last exchange over Rayshipping. As I had said, these pairings can also be thought of in a hypothetical (meaning we think of the world itself and ignore that there are writers and viewers) or fanfictional sense. In either case, there is nothing to discredit the possibility of this happening, or to suggest that it would be a bad thing if it did.

With all of this in mind, if you would still like to try and 'crush homosexual shippings', feel free to have at it. You've already demonstrated sexism during the Rayshipping exchange, so why not add homophobia to the list :P

Spinor

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Too bad I'm studying for Astrophysics.

I am referring to the shippings of any canon series, like the Pokemon Anime and Manga. I am not trying to kill off Homosexual Fandom, not at all. Just the REAL stuff, homosexual shippings WILL NOT, by human nature, be canon in this series as it is aimed for a young audience, now if the Anime was MORE matured to a PG/13 rating, that would be a whole new kind of Cookie crumbling.

Abrogate Nadir

Obscure Shipper
    Years
    In fandom, the concept of a pairing is broader than simply what will or will not happen in an episode--otherwise all shippings for this series would collapse and this section would not exist.

When I say "I support May/Dawn as a shipping", a 0% chance of there being an episode where they hook up does not in any way affect my stance or the validity of this shipping. Context allows for the exclusion of forces beyond the fourth wall (ie: writers, audience of kids) and assumes the world and its characteristics as is. On those merits, there is nothing to debunk this shipping.

I've made it clear before that I'm not trying to prove Ash and Cynthia are going to get together in the show, and I'm not trying to prove May and Dawn will either...so if that is the only point you have to make, it seems like you're kind of wasting your time...

shedinjask

all about how to pokemoning
    Years
    In addition to '0 possibility does not affect awesomeness in any way' I would like to say that there have been gay pairings in kid's shows before. They were dubbed over, yes, but they were still canon.

No one cares if it's not possible. It's a good shipping.

Abrogate Nadir

Obscure Shipper
    Years
    Oh yeah, Cardcaptors is a classic example. It's aimed at kids, but originally, it was loaded with yuri implications, specifically from Sakura's friend. In the english version, they removed all that. So if one thinks of the series in the sense of its original content, there could well be a 1% chance of May/Dawn solid evidence emerging.

While it is still maintained that writers aren't a factor when debating the appeals of a shipping, I believe Shedinjask has established that the pairing can only be opposed on the basis of merits (ie: do they get along? are they compatible? would there be long term issues? etc), since it is not completely impossible for a same-sex pairing to have canon support from a Japanese series.

Minuteman III

More Boosters!
    Years
    :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink:

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY????????????????

I may as well run over to the BulbaGarden Forums. At least shippers can gather into their own corners.............

shedinjask

all about how to pokemoning
    Years
    Why? What did we do?

Cardcaptor Sakura I never watched so I never noticed the yuri (I don't pick up on any pairing that's not either obvious or yaoi) but I do hear there is yaoi in it, and I checked Wikipedia and asked around and it's true :D

Commander_Latios

The man of Eternal Boredom...
    Years
    :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink:

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY????????????????

I may as well run over to the BulbaGarden Forums. At least shippers can gather into their own corners..............................................................................

Wish I could join you, but seeing as all my spare time is being dedicated to KotOR I can't really focus. I'm only even here right now cause i got a PM from somebody...

Why? What did we do?

Cardcaptor Sakura I never watched so I never noticed the yuri (I don't pick up on any pairing that's not either obvious or yaoi) but I do hear there is yaoi in it, and I checked Wikipedia and asked around and it's true :D

true? maybe. but then, so is the stuff in KotOR (well, it's not canon at all seeing as revan himself is canonically male, but still..) that doesn't mean we have to LIKE it.

well, enough time spent. back to KotOR.

Spinor

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    I didn't know what Ikarishipping was.

When I looked it up on Bulbapedia, It felt like a marathon of Smosh videos flashed through my eyes XD.

And yes, Dark Lugia. Ikarishipping is an aborted shipping that didn't see the lights of debate alive. The "Hint" in A-maze-ing race showing Paul's "Jealousy", is pretty much invalid. Paul HATES Ash, you know that. So that "hint" is just a disgust to Paul for seeing Ash. Paul just considers Dawn as another Insignificant Appeal Person in his life.

Spinor

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Cavaliershipping? ... Oh yeah. Gary x Dawn.

Sorry, but you know how it goes with fan girling, the person of your dreams is just another way to keep a filled heart untill you see someone else. That is mostly a sub-conscious law. Dawn is yet to get infatuated by Ash with age... I think.

Gary doesn't seem to have interest in her anyway. All that's in the Gary side of Cavalier is my lost pet spider.

Spinor

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    What the heck is eclair?

But also think, at this ponit in the anime, is it POSSIBLE, didn't you read that I found my pet spider in Gary's hints?

Please, support shippings without ignorance. I will not protest further or else someone will burn me in the pit of Pokeshipping.

the bitter end.

.only slightly insane
    Years
    Whats eclair? Sorry, but I have no clue, any who, you might be right K9, but I support Cavalier anyways. And yes I realize there isn't much on the Gary side...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back