• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Shipping Debates

Who should he date?

• Misty

Votes: 42 43.8%
  • May

Votes: 9 9.4%
  • Dawn

Votes: 14 14.6%
  • No one, Ash only likes Pokemon

Votes: 31 32.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Simple as that. Originshipping is not even a possible shipping as I've explained the correct view on Homosexual shippings. That will not happen in the Pokemon Anime.

shedinjask

all about how to pokemoning
    Years
    Which is why it's usually based on Pokesupe, where they have met and are very good friends.

AK9, again, I point out that there have indeed been homosexual characters and pairings in kid's shows, so please shut up about it.

Gracefulshipping, I don't like because Wallace and Winona are all wrong for each other. Yeah they were together and Wallace still likes her and she might still like him but he just fits so much better with Steven. I can see why they broke up, I see no chemistry between them.

Spinor

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    And yet, people make fuss about that shipping, it get's very annoying.

Edit: Shedinjask. Do you actually think the way the Anime is going there will be homosexual shippings? This ain't Ed Edd Eddy or Naruto or bleach or some other anime/toon.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    How are Wallace and Winona wrong for each other, but him and Steven is so right?

I would actually want Wallace and Winona instead of him and Steven.

Spinor

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Welcome to the world of shipping. I had to put up with nonsense for 1 year. Not the 2 I've been here because most of the "nonsense" I thought back then was noobish thinking.

Anyway as I said, I will not get into Manga shippings. So I will let Gracefulshipping slide through my barrier of nonsense.

ValentineUmbreon

*nom-nom-nom*
    Years
    I just think Wallace and Winona going better together then Wallace and Steven. :/
    That don't mean that I'm against homosexual shippings. I do support PreciousMetal.... >.>
    Do you actually think the way the Anime is going there will be homosexual shippings?
    I do remember Sailor Moon had a lesbian canon shipping.^^ It's not pokemon but it's anime...

Spinor

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    This isn't anything like the other animes. It is a regular, kid aimed, TV-Y7 rated show. If there is to be a Homosexual shipping, this would be rated PG like most other anime, but obviously PUSA wouldn't wanna risk that kind of audience change. So virtually all Homosexual shippings are out of the question.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    But Pokémon is a multi-billion dollar company that is known by the whole world. Naruto and Sailor Moon could get away with it because they aren't as big as Pokémon.

The world of shipping should have at least some logic to it.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    Unless the characters are already married, but even that's a stretch for the show.

I want there to be a kiss but it just will not happen.

shedinjask

Years
    This isn't anything like the other animes. It is a regular, kid aimed, TV-Y7 rated show. If there is to be a Homosexual shipping, this would be rated PG like most other anime, but obviously PUSA wouldn't wanna risk that kind of audience change. So virtually all Homosexual shippings are out of the question.

PUSA doesn't control what the writers do, and I'd like to see a source for the ratings of both Pokemon and Sailor Moon/CCS. Also, PokeSupe seems to be a bit more mature than the anime. As I said before, Pearlshipping isn't likely either since Dawn will eventually be replaced and there's usually no serious romance on the show anyways, so again, don't play that card.

Winona isn't for Wallace because she's too much like him. Steven is different. He's a bit more outgoing and not as polite, as refined as Wallace is. He has a somewhat boyish charm to him. He's definitely a gentleman but not completely all the way grown up. He will get Wallace to loosen up about some things because as confident as he appears he seems to be under a lot of pressure, from the way he takes things so light and aloof. Winona is somewhat the same, and she lacks a bit in confidence.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    Are you talking about the manga or the show Seven?

The manga is not that good. I mean who plays Pokémon for the story line?

Anyway, the writers won't put homosexuality in the show. It isn't accepted everywhere like that (Looks at the US. We'll change someday).

AdvanceMapper

Stop scaring the little kids!
    Years
    PUSA doesn't control what the writers do, and I'd like to see a source for the ratings of both Pokemon and Sailor Moon/CCS. Also, PokeSupe seems to be a bit more mature than the anime. As I said before, Pearlshipping isn't likely either since Dawn will eventually be replaced and there's usually no serious romance on the show anyways, so again, don't play that card.

Winona isn't for Wallace because she's too much like him. Steven is different. He's a bit more outgoing and not as polite, as refined as Wallace is. He has a somewhat boyish charm to him. He's definitely a gentleman but not completely all the way grown up. He will get Wallace to loosen up about some things because as confident as he appears he seems to be under a lot of pressure, from the way he takes things so light and aloof. Winona is somewhat the same, and she lacks a bit in confidence.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

On-topic:
    Like AK9 said, homosexual<straight.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    That's very rude to homosexuals Platinum. One group isn't better than another so you should edit that. It's offensive to some people.

Spinor

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    It is rude yet accepted through most of society. I have no comment on Homosexuals at the moment though.

Also, it may be possible that Dawn doesn't get replaced this time. I mean, they got Pokemon Contests and Battles. What else can they come up with. If anyone can give a good Pokemon Activity to fit in with the 2... I'm Chuck Norris.

shedinjask

Years
    They had Contests and battles with May, and yet they replaced her. Dawn will most likely get the boot at the start of gen five.

Manga Steven, duh, and the manga is excellent. It's based on the games storyline, sure, but it goes really in-depth and has a lot of things the games don't. It's almost as different from the games as the anime is in terms of characters and miniplots.

And I've already said, they just might put canonically gay characters in the show, because it's been done before. However, when you really think about it, there isn't much room for relationships at all. Maybe in an epilogue, but the show, as you said, is really for kids and no eight year old wants kissing in his SUPER ACTION ANIME.

Abrogate Nadir

Obscure Shipper
    Years
    Like AK9 said, homosexual<straight.

It is rude yet accepted through most of society.

To say that it is widely accepted through society is a ridiculous claim. First, which society? America isn't the only country in the world. Do you mean just America, the whole world, capitalist societies, democratic countries? Who are these people and where are you getting your numbers from?

Second, even if you were able to demonstrate that "homosexual < strait", that does not by any means mean that it is true. Truth is independent of what the majority of people think. So even if you had reliable figures for that, which I doubt, all it would prove is that there are a lot of prejudiced people out there.

Relating that to the content of this thread (just so this post isn't completely off topic), same sex pairings are legit when we think of the world of Pokemon while excluding outside forces like writers, ratings, target audiences, etc.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back