• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Shipping Debates

Who should he date?

• Misty

Votes: 42 43.8%
  • May

Votes: 9 9.4%
  • Dawn

Votes: 14 14.6%
  • No one, Ash only likes Pokemon

Votes: 31 32.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

STJ

meh... ^_^'
    Years
    heh, alot of things happening in this thread, I see...

You might be right, Cold katanagirl..

hehe.. since I do't support Pokehshipping, I don't know what else to say...

Years
    I would have to agree with you cold katanagirl even though pokemon chronicles isnt being aired in Australia by just looking at the pics where Casey asked Misty if Tracey was her boyfriend in a way is sort of similar to earlier seasons when ever someone asked Misty if Ash was her boyfriend

But different this time as her reaction to the question was different i noticed looking at the two pics posted that she was alot calmer this must be due to her being more wiser and mature now than in the earlier seasons of pokemon where Misty lost her temper if asked the same question

According to the episode description on serebii.net when Misty was asked that question she explained to Casey that Tracey was a good friend of her and Ash who they met in the Orange Islands

STJ

meh... ^_^'
    Years
    heh, the funny thing is, the episode in which she lost her temper with Casey is actually after the pictures I posted up earlier

Years
    I seen those pictures as well on serebii.net STJ, that scene where she lost her temper is because Casey....(writers block).... came very close to uncovering Misty's deepest & best kept secret that she loved. Ash however Misty lost her temper when Psyduck let himself out of his ball therefore she went completely ape saving her secret from being revealed by Casey

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Apr 27, 2011
    What did happen in the end for Digimon, STJ? I missed it. XD

I'm not a fan of Pok?shipping, but I'll say this: If you Pok?shippers really like Pok?shipping, then stick to it! Don't give up or whatever. XD

STJ

meh... ^_^'
    Years
    Well, In the Digimon fandom, there was a very great fanbase for the pairing of Tai and Sora, there was also alot of supporters for T.K and Kairi too ( they said they cared for each other! Isin't that shippy? XD)

hehe.. anyway, what happened in the end? Well, Sora ended up marrying Matt, and T.K and Kairi ended marrying other people....

About the scene with Casey, are we absolutely sure that she was hiding something? she could have simply been embarrased, for all we know... does anybody know what they actually said in that scene?

STJ

meh... ^_^'
    Years
    Well, it does appear that many people take the scene as Misty hiding a crush over somebody....

As for me, I don't think the writers have given enough information, after all, people are just assuming...

and there are many people who think that Misty doesn't have a crush on anybody, Jesse GS the II and Elite Trainer Raven come to mind...

Just have to wait and see if the writers ever get back to it, it doesn't seems as though they are doing anything with it now...

Maks

Advanced Trainer
    Years
    I don't think there should be any discussions about Ash/Misty or Ash/May relationships, since it's not bery appropriate and Pok?mon is not about that

Shadow0faBandit

Your worst Shadow
    Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2007
    Maks said:
    I don't think there should be any discussions about Ash/Misty or Ash/May relationships, since it's not bery appropriate and Pok?mon is not about that

It may be for little kids but in the present time romance is even with the little kids. There is something between Ash and Misty. Misty wouldn't of cried when her and Ash split before Ash went to Hoenn Region. I think that is how you spell it. There is always Romance in every show.

Matt

Years
    Dangit, people, it's a sub-plot! It can indeed exist if and only if the main point of the story isn't going to be completely affected by it.

Romance seems to be intergrated somehow in nearly every American show, but mostly as a subplot since most people want to see other things than romance.

And I'm still not sure about that episode! Nobody, and I mean NOBODY has yet explained to me why Kasumi ran out of the Pok?mon Center like that!!! (yeah, Misty ran out because of frustration of Ash's ignorant character and really thick skull, but what about Kasumi?!)

STJ

meh... ^_^'
    Years
    Well, nobody has yet to explain what happened with Brock and Pr Ivy either...

Or where Brock went to when Ash went to the Cerulean Gym...so..

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Apr 27, 2011
    It's just shipping, hints of possible romance or a couple you'd -like- to see get together, or are just cute together according to you. It doesn't have to happen, although some might look more convincing than others. Imagine if you'd apply it to any show: you just find any two you'd like to see together. It doesn't have to happen, it can even be impossible. Most people even ship characters that already have a significant other with someone else.

I am an Advanceshipper, but do I think it'll happen? No, because I know that Satoshi is too dense to know anything about romance, and Haruka.. Well, we know she's a bit interested in romance, but we haven't really seen anything much yet. Small hints that I might call hints for Advanceshipping could be just nothing to a Palletshipper and vice-versa. Like how ShadowBandit said up there that Kasumi cried when the gang split up; I don't remember it, but if I saw it, I'd just say that if you split up with a group that you've been travelling with for so long, you'd probably feel sad, too.

No shipping is better than any other. (Well, maybe there's a few that are crazy..) It's all a matter of opinion. But if you do have any possible hints for any shipping you'd like to point out and talk about, go ahead. It IS a shipping debate thread. XD

candyisgood

Miss Awesome
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 8, 2010
    Well, I think the Silver Conference episode after Ash beats Gary there is evidence of Palletshipping, or that may just be me. As for Pokeshipping, they have madeit obvious (at least in the dubbed version) that Misty likes Ash. Now here is my crazy theory about why she is carrying around Azurill in her arms. She acted tough (you know yelling at him and the whatnot) alot in Kanto, and she didnt want Ash to think that she was all tough. So she though it was a lucky break when she got togepi, so she could show off her nurturing (sp?) side and for togepi to up her cuteness. Anyway, when Togepi evolved and left, Misty was in a dilemma. But when she recived/stole an Azurill from Tracey, she had another baby Pokemon to impress Ash. (although I dont think it worked) While I'm on a rambling about Pokeshipping, I would like to point out that I prefer Advanceshipping to Pokeshipping, just because Ash and May look like a better couple. I like Palletshipping the most though. Ash + Gary = squee! (Dont mind me).

Years
    My turn:

Pokemon Special: Giovanni/Sabrina.

Normally they don't interact at any format but the Special manga shows Rina having interest in the Boss Rocket (as an utterance too). And combined with their anime pasts, makes an interesting pairing.

Giovanni has issues with his mother who made him who he is and he has a double life: split into being the Viridian Gym Leader and Boss of Team Rocket. He's usually stuck being the Boss or the greatest Gym Leader rather than be just Giovanni.

Sabrina has high level psychic powers, doesn't show emotion in normal conversion (only in the battlefield) and the other Gym Leaders fear her for her powers and stoicism. That can create a schism as she would like to show herself but can't because of her feared image, like Giovanni. And like the Boss Rocket, she has issues with her father (she inherited her powers from him, which led to her outlook on things, with the disclipine and training). I double took when Rina admitted that in the manga since either one you don't see with anyone (maybe Gio and Domino but that's...offputting a little bit because of the Black Tulip's age.). Too bad it didn't pan out but that's why there is fanfiction.

Anime: I do like Ash/Misty and Jessie/James, but truthfully, it wouldn't matter if the show did it or not, that's what the fiction is for, although after Forest Grumps, made me appreciate Jessie/James considering their halted relationship until...sixth season. And the chemistry is palpable but end of the day, I'm more underground pairings.

Games: no one has much of personality, but the Rocket Executives. They're so passionate with Giovanni's return, I think the passion would spill into each other and have an idolism going on there (like the female to the male, as he seems to have the most rank). I'm not sure.

There you go, but I develop new pairings on the drop of a hat. So yeah, and lately, I like James/May.

I think it's because they're so neurotic.

Years
    This is outta topic, but...

Speaking of Giovanni, that leads to another question in my mind... Who's Giovanni's wife? In FireRed and LeafGreen, they explained that the red-headed rival of the hero in the Gold/Silver/Crystal series is none other than Giovanni's son...

Oh yeah, and the thing about James and May. That's just wierd, now that I think about it...

Oh, and should you know Japanese, do you know why Kasumi (not Misty) ran out of the Pok?Center like that?

STJ

meh... ^_^'
    Years
    She ran out of the episode in "Gotta Catch you later"

As for why, only the writers know for sure, but fans will always speculate

As for me, my guess is that she offended and saddened by the fact that Ash showed no sign, no hint at all, of sadness at the fact that she was leaving.. I mean they've known each other for so long and he couldn't care less!

That, and the fact that she's a girl, and apparently girls are all emotional and stuff -_- (bleh, stereotype I know)

Of course, considering the fact that she's left twice afterwoulds (the first time technically unnessessarily) without showing any sadness, I don't think about it all that much

Last edited:

Supreme Edgeboy Max

alphabet tour
    Years
    Meh, the speculating IS the fun part. And anyway, who knows if Misty seriously IS gone for good?

And anyway, they shared a lot of good times together. Ash remembers her, in the Jirachii movie he told Max that he's away from a REALLY good friend and he misses her, but he bears through it.

=) There's more where that came from.

STJ

meh... ^_^'
    Years
    I don't deny that they are good friends, but I hope you realise that the line in the movie was not in the original version

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back