• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Shipping Debates

Who should he date?

• Misty

Votes: 42 43.8%
  • May

Votes: 9 9.4%
  • Dawn

Votes: 14 14.6%
  • No one, Ash only likes Pokemon

Votes: 31 32.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2009
    Contestshipping: I like may, and I like drew. that's all i can say. I don't like it where brendan birch is made out to be some kind of stalker, though.

I'll Give my Reason For Contestshipping Too.

Contestshipping: Because I saw a contestshipping video and that's what got me into pokemon. Look At the Episode: Who What When Where Wynaut, and When (Spoilers for the episode ahead) Drew Wakes up, May's Delighted to see him. And Drew Does Everything to get May Back From Team Rocket.

Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2008
    I'm a pokeshipper :P
    I think it's the most obvious misty just screams it to ash (ash still doesn't know..!!) and ash was jealous in a episode that was obvious, in the navel maneuvers. Misty liked the gymleader there and when Danny (name from the gymleader) and ash where climbing on the mountain misty said: Danny please be extra carefull, then ash said: what's she's so worried about him for! (really angry) and then falls of the mountain because he didn't concentrate XD and when they were on top of the mountain ash screams: Hey! Misty: you're here! reaching one arm, Ash also reaching a arm and laughing to he, but then misty walked passed him,*anime fall* "Misty do you wanna share the blanket? Ash: What about me? (looking really sad) Ash wasn't jealous on drew, and in one advanced episode they say Ash is her teacher and about Dawn, i think it's just the same as May but there has to come more episodes so who know ;)

Stardust

Seasons in the Sun.
    Years
    My favorite ship is of course Contestshipping (May and Drew). I thought the whole thing with the roses was cute, and I loved the Who, What, Where Wynaut? episode with both of them in it. They're a great couple.

I also support Pokeshipping (Ash and Misty). Ash is such a clueless little boy :P I cried when Misty left, honestly. Especially during her Goodbye song.

Avegaille

Misaka Mikoto > you.
    Years
    I'll scare you homophobes right now by telling you that I support same sex shippings. ;x ;x

Okay, the most common one, first and foremost, is Appealshipping (Dawn x Zoey). Reason for me liking this? It's pretty obvious. Those two are meant for each other. Dawn having this sort of fangirling effect when she starts to talk to Zoey how she's excited in the upcoming contest they're both in makes it look so cute. And did I mention Zoey did a lot of things for Dawn already... like, from helping out Dawn fix her hair during the Jubilife Contest... and even showing to Dawn how Double Performances work when she had an injury.

Haha, if that creeps you out now, wait until you hear the other crack shippings I support. But nah, I won't go there.

I also support het ships like Rangershipping (Solana x Lunick) and Hoennshipping (May x Brendan) and a canon ship like Balanceshipping (Norman x Caroline). So yeah... but I just prefer girlxgirl ships in general.

shedinjask

all about how to pokemoning
    Years
    She's not homophobic, just has no interest in yaoi. Like how I have little interest in yuri (mai lee is like the only yuri i ship seriously, but it is the cutest).

Ky-nim

Like whoa.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2008
    I support a variety of strange ships...and I could care less if someone starts to hate me for liking them...

Pokeshipping: It didnt hit me until a few years back when I re-watched Pokemon eps from TV...it was the cutest thing ever. Unrequited love is something I admire.
    Contestshipping: Almost the same reasoning...and Drew's rose-throwing habit won me over.
    Ikarishipping: It was cute...and so unconventional that I was hooked. Bad boy + Bubbly girl = awesome. I draw alot of fanart between these two ;P
    ShootsDownshipping: Zoey tops Kenny. It's obvious. And because of Ikari, I decided that these two are cool as a pair. Kenny's inexperience contrasts with Zoey's own and etc.

...that's pretty much it.

shedinjask

Years
    The only one of those that is remotely strange is ShootsDown.

Which seems like an excellent ship. :D

Ky-nim

Like whoa.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2008
    The only one of those that is remotely strange is ShootsDown.

Which seems like an excellent ship. :D
    It is an excellent crack ship. I'll be happy if its canon but I'll be content with just shipping for the fun of it ;P

*waves sole ShootsDownshipping flag

Commander_Latios

The man of Eternal Boredom...
    Years
    I support a variety of strange ships...and I could care less if someone starts to hate me for liking them...

Pokeshipping: It didnt hit me until a few years back when I re-watched Pokemon eps from TV...it was the cutest thing ever. Unrequited love is something I admire. Maybe, maybe not. It really depends on whether or not I get attacked by rabid fans for supporting other ships with Ash...

Contestshipping: Almost the same reasoning...and Drew's rose-throwing habit won me over. Now there's something I agree on. Gotta love "Rose-for-brains" as I call him sometimes...

Ikarishipping: It was cute...and so unconventional that I was hooked. Bad boy + Bubbly girl = awesome. I draw alot of fanart between these two ;P Not my favorite, but i don't mind it as long as whoever writes these have some decent plot...

ShootsDownshipping: Zoey tops Kenny. It's obvious. And because of Ikari, I decided that these two are cool as a pair. Kenny's inexperience contrasts with Zoey's own and etc. I never really focused much on DP shipping, so I wouldn't know.

...that's pretty much it.

My thoughts underlined. I can see where you're coming from, and you raise a few decent points. At least you're not rambling on about how "pokeshipping is teh best shipping eva, if u don't like then u a n00b" like i've put up with before.

foxkrystal

The Music is Movin' :D
    Years
    Misty IS returning to the DP series and telling Ash how she feels about him. Wanna' see proof? then go to answers.com and type in Misty and scroll down to "Relationship with Ash". Kenny still does seem jealous of Ash and Dawn together so far in the series, and that's all I can say about the Sinnoh saga shipping-wise "Poke vs. Pearl vs. Penguin" XD ^-^

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Sorry to break your bubble but, Misty ain't coming back. Remember that she's a gym leader now, and Tracey's helping out, so at this point, Orangeshipping densly surpasses Pokeshipping, not that i support it much, just a taunt i like to rub on pokeshippers as evil TRUTH! HAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Edit: what a coincidense, this is my half evil (333) post and i faced it to pokeshipping? Sorry but I jynxed SatoKasu Lol.
    IN OTHER WORDS, POKESHIPPING IS DEAD

Years
    • Seen Sep 19, 2009
    I'm still "behind the times" when it comes to Pokemon character pairings. I don't know too much about the more up-to-date ones. Anyway, the ones I like are, and sorry if I don't get the shipper names right...

Pokeshipping (Satoshi x Kasumi): I've always liked this pairing and still do to some extent. Too bad this is probably a dead ship since she's not around, and to my knowledge, Satoshi doesn't talk about her much or rarely mentions her, does he since she has left, has he?

Orangeshipping (Kenji x Kasumi): I've always found this pair to be a cute one. They did get along very well, and I heard something about one of those specials how Kenji hangs around with her now that she's leader of the gym in Hanada.

Rocketshipping (Kojirou x Musashi): I liked this one a lot too. Too bad the later series seem to lack hints for the pair, from what I was told.

Neoshipping? (Kosaburou x Yamato): I have no idea...I just like 'em as a couple. ^^;;;

???shipping (Toru x Imité): I know, this has to be an odd one and also a rare one. Snap/Todd and Duplica. I know it has no hints or anything, but I, for some oddball reason, seemed to always like it.

And...that's about it for me.

Spinor

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Mailmanshipping? that's... just... good?

You know, the series is getting pretty pearlshippy, especially
    Spoiler:

i seemply wonder this wonderful evidence that pwns advance (unfortunatly) and poke( WO0T WOO0T) Shipping

Spoiler:

Ky-nim

Like whoa.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2008
    ^ She looks very fangirly. And like someone said in sppf...ANYONE would be glad if someone had been saved from a certain kind of death. Even if a person would hate their guts, no one would let others die for dying's sake. They'd save the dislikable person nevertheless. Same goes for friends.

(will stop because I could care less who Ash really ends up with)

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2008
    pokeshipper 4ever!

I love pokeshipping, I think they are made for each other! Ash and May....not so much.
    Think about it, has May and Ash ever blushed around each other?
    Answer....no
    Has Misty and Ash ever blushed around each other?
    Answer...yes. And on many ocasions. Dont ask me "OH WELL WHAT EPISODE??" Their are so many I cant list them all... ^^
    Contestshipping is cute and so is Penguinshipping (Dawn/Hikari x Kenny/Kengo)!!

But you are free to have your own opinion....

Last edited:

Spinor

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    I'm free, so here's my opinion

Spoiler:

Ash has no feelings for misty FYI. Orangeshipping is probably a Taxi Ride away. Pearlshipping is a Block away. Contest is in a desert, there's no telling if the destination is an illusion and unfortunatly, Advanceshipping is fail but not dead.

shedinjask

Years
    OH WELL WHAT EPISODE HUH

Examples, if you will.

I do like Orangeshipping, even though I prefer Gym and Heroworshipping.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back