• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Shipping Debates

Who should he date?

• Misty

Votes: 42 43.8%
  • May

Votes: 9 9.4%
  • Dawn

Votes: 14 14.6%
  • No one, Ash only likes Pokemon

Votes: 31 32.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

~CyberKitsune09~

Proud Tails fan!
    Years
    Ok, I'm ending this!
    The main thing about ContestShipping that makes it not work (Bad Grammar?) is that Drew (it hurts saying that name!) is a FAKE!!!! my 5 main reasons behind this:
    1. The Whole rose thing, it's just to get May distracted from contests so Drew can win.
    2. All of Drew's "Hints" to May that he likes her are also just to distract her so he can get a easy win. (tho it never really works)
    3. In the ep. "May, we Harley Drew'd Ya!" when Solidad tells May, "He[drew] has gotten feelings for you." she's just saying that Drew is jealous that she is a better coordinator than Drew.
    4. Having pokemon that breed with well together have nothing to do with shipping!
    Five. AdvShipping is teh best
    5. (The real 5th reason) The whole Johto thing... it's just so when Drew faces May in Johto contests she'll will likely lose because she thinks Drew likes her but she doesn't like him back!
    6. Reason #5 was worth two real reasons

Off topic - What's with the ep name "May, we Harley Drew'd Ya!"??? Change 3 letters and add a letter after that... Huh...

EDIT: I'm adding this advanceshipping hint for fun, in the ep. "Harley Rides Again"
    James says to Ash that they were helping his[ash's] girl (May) in the contest.

Oh, and b4 you say these hints were fake... I looked them up on Bulbapedia^^
    AdvShipping Page: https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Shipping:AdvanceShipping
    ContestShipping Page: https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Shipping:ContestShipping

Last edited:

Unforgettable

Melodies of Life
    Years
    Whoa dude, I was kidding, that is your opinion about Drew. I HATE Advanceshipping almost as much as I had Pokeshipping, but I don't ship contest hard core. That is Pallets place. XD Though I don't think that any of that was aimed towards me...but hey, if that is how you feel...

As for Dewshipping, it is UBER cute. I love it ZD

Whoa dude, I was kidding, that is your opinion about Drew. I HATE Advanceshipping almost as much as I had Pokeshipping, but I don't ship contest hard core. That is Pallets place. XD Though I don't think that any of that was aimed towards me...Or maybe all of it was...but hey, if that is how you feel... you like the shippings you like, and I like the shippings I like. We aren't going to change each others minds. Through I personally don't think that Drew is a fake since he gave the rose after she won most of the time and said that it was for her beautifly....

As for Dewshipping, it is UBER cute. I love it XD

Last edited:

~CyberKitsune09~

Proud Tails fan!
    Years
    Sry PPL *heh*

I hate Contest as much as I use firefox.... so, meh.

as for Dew-shipping I don't know yet cuz' I forgot if Which Latios/Latias was female meh... I just don't like gay ships...
    But no, I wasn't aiming at anyone in particular, only any contestshipper reading my post... but meh.. I was mad when SOMEONE insulted May (and Drew) and yet supported contestshipping bolth of which makes me mad so meh....

Commander_Latios

The man of Eternal Boredom...
    Years
    Sry PPL *heh*

I hate Contest as much as I use firefox.... so, meh.

as for Dew-shipping I don't know yet cuz' I forgot if Which Latios/Latias was female meh... I just don't like gay ships...
    But no, I wasn't aiming at anyone in particular, only any contestshipper reading my post... but meh.. I was mad when SOMEONE insulted May (and Drew) and yet supported contestshipping bolth of which makes me mad so meh....

you err... don't know?

Latias was the female (and, incase you can't tell, i just love and adore latias beyond all logical reason whatsoever.) and Latios was the male. I like the gay ships about as much as you do, which is to say, none.

meh, if you like advanceshpping, go ahead. I'm more of the Altoshipping and maybe a little abilityshipping type. and contest, too...

shedinjask

all about how to pokemoning
    Years
    Oh my god hahaha.

Those 'hints' are terrible, do you have any sort of proof whatsoever that Drew is trying to distract May? Isn't it a lot more plausible that he simply likes her and Solidad saw that? Do you have any sort of evidence pointing to any of this?

What James says is irrelevant, he and Jessie have teased Ash about Misty before and it probably wasn't in the original either.

If those were seriously on Bulbapedia I'm editing it right now.

EDIT: Lies, I find no Contest-bashing there.

Last edited:

~CyberKitsune09~

Proud Tails fan!
    Years
    Oh my god hahaha.

Those 'hints' are terrible, do you have any sort of proof whatsoever that Drew is trying to distract May? Isn't it a lot more plausible that he simply likes her and Solidad saw that? Do you have any sort of evidence pointing to any of this?

What James says is irrelevant, he and Jessie have teased Ash about Misty before and it probably wasn't in the original either.

If those were seriously on Bulbapedia I'm editing it right now.

EDIT: Lies, I find no Contest-bashing there.

I didn't mean there was bashing there, I meant that their are ContestShipping Hints there (the non-bashing kind), which I tried to prove wrong (and failed) *sigh* Oh, well...

shedinjask

all about how to pokemoning
    Years
    Oh alright. I thought some idiot got into the wiki.

I can agree with you on the 'Masquerain and Beautifly can breed' argument though. That's just stupid. Swellow and Skarmory can breed, but that doesn't make Buson/Winona canon. ><

Kikue

Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    Here's what I think about Pokeshipping. I really do think that Ash and Misty should be together. Pokeshipping is probably the first shipping I ever supported and besides. Ash can be a bit ahead of himself and clueless sometimes, even though he's more mature than he was before, Misty's personality sort of balances that out by giving Ash a hit in the head with a mallet, LOL. I have nothing against Advanceshipping. Pearlshipping, I don't know, I haven't watched the new seasons yet, so I hardly know Dawn's personality, so no comment on that.

Commander_Latios

The man of Eternal Boredom...
    Years
    Here's what I think about Pokeshipping. I really do think that Ash and Misty should be together. Pokeshipping is probably the first shipping I ever supported and besides. Ash can be a bit ahead of himself and clueless sometimes, even though he's more mature than he was before, Misty's personality sort of balances that out by giving Ash a hit in the head with a mallet, LOL. I have nothing against Advanceshipping. Pearlshipping, I don't know, I haven't watched the new seasons yet, so I hardly know Dawn's personality, so no comment on that.

Whilst I agree that Ash can be an idiot (sometimes? at least 85% of the time, more like...) i still disapprove of pokeshipping. but i won't go into that anymore, i've made mah point quite clear.

on another note, i'm surprised that so few people are into dewshipping. It's so cute, and there's even a couple of lines (admittedly nothing from latios, who didn't really say anything, and, unlike his sister, didn't really show any signs of affection) which could be called as evidence.

when latios dies, and they're going through the sightsharing routine, Bianca's the one who just happened to recieve the new soul dew. Afterwards, when they put it in the fountain, Bianca asks latios to stay with them forever. It was so cute, i just couldn't say no.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Obssesed? Well we sure didn't need that. The true obssesion here is Pokeshipping, which I just don't get why it's still like that if it's dead. El polvo del Desierto Chihuahua. That would be my title for Pokeshipping if you compare it to Pearl, there have been more LEGIT hints in one season than Poke. There were even more in movie 10 than movie 1. It is very annoying seeing that people are letting the dead, live. I used to be hardcore Advanceshipping, when May went away, I didn't like it, but I let the living, die. That's just the way. Now i find Pearlshipping better. Now I once said this but people got amnesia or went away. The Primary reasons I never supported Pokeshipping are:

Misty is too old for Ash (Once I compared it to like Queen Elizabet and Jesse McArtney)
    Misty is too tall for Ash (Hi, I'm Ash, and this is my girlfriend! What do you mean she's too tall for the loveboat?)
    Ash WAS a total love nitwit, but he's older and more mature, so he is getting attracted by REAL girls like dawn
    Misty looks like she like Tracey more(... Ok, you CAN say I have an Orangeshipping side)
    Misty is Tomboyed and Red-Headed( Need I say more? The worst combo for a girl)
    Misty MAY like Ash, but Ash never showed his side of Pokeshipping.(BTW, this wasn't supposed to be a pun)
    4kids is a total Aacsa..Nakin Skywalker

Plus, Misty and Tracey may be together by now ^ l ^ <3

Quoted for the Pokeshippy newbie who probably was reading impaired to the page or the number 908

Misty's personality actually kills it all, supported with 4kid's JackDonkeyness. If you had watched the japanese version, you really wouldn't be supporting Pokeshipping.How much do you wanna bet so I can reverse time till the Asian settlements. Misty is Tomboy, Ash is(well, used to be) a nitwit, now did I mention that she has a Gym to run? Her sisters are total LEMME ALOUN A ME LAIK SHUPAN AND MUDKIPZ! attitude, so if they had a relationship, it'd have to be long distance and long distance relationships NEVER work out (Little Nicky: The angel and the Devil had to break up due to LDR). Yeah, I still can't beleive I still have a girlfriend living in Middle west Mexico, God must love me.

You get the Idea? No?How much do you wanna bet your next IQ test will be under a rock's results?Get a Webster's :)

kasumi_chan_x

Nevermore
    Years
    Honestly...as much of the Pokeshipper fan I am...it's going to be hard to believe that Ash would pair up with any main girl. Only reason why I am still a Pokeshipper is because Misty isn't gone forever. She's only at the Cerulean Gym temporarily...and also Mayumi Iizuka, Misty's Japanese Voice Actor, posted on her personal blog that she's going to voice for Misty. I'm not going to get my hopes up, but it's going to be guarentee to be at least that she'll at least appear in 3 or so episodes...I mean she did say that she'd met up with ash later. Well...I'm ranting so... >.>;; yeah.

Oh, I don't think Misty is with Tracy in a relationship...as much as I am a Closet OrangeShipper. I mean...Tracy WOULD be my second choice after Ash for Misty.

I just want to make this clear...yes I am a pokeshipper but I don't mind advance or pearl shipping, as much as I don't see it happening...I mean it's Pokemon...ash is TEN, what relationship could he possibly hold? Well...who knows really I suppose >.<;;

TheAlliedAxis

Pokemon fan forever!
    Years
    Age?

Ash is TEN, what relationship could he possibly hold? Well...who knows really I suppose >.<;;
    You know, how many ten-year olds are out in the wilderness surviving on their own? I don't think age is an issue.

I think romance could be implemented into the series but I hope it's one-sided. In other words, I like hints to be displayed but not by Ash. Ash should remain a bachelor. LOL!

kasumi_chan_x

Nevermore
    Years
    You know, how many ten-year olds are out in the wilderness surviving on their own? I don't think age is an issue.

I think romance could be implemented into the series but I hope it's one-sided. In other words, I like hints to be displayed but not by Ash. Ash should remain a bachelor. LOL!

yeah agreed. I mean, how could ash choose between Misty, May, and Dawn? ITS IMPOSSIBLE, since he practically likes them all on the same level. Maybe he should just forget the girls and go for gary, just kidding ;D

I want him to stay a bachelor for awhile or something. Maybe ash should just hook up with all the girls (misty, may, dawn) ohhh the jealously. I see it now... .__.

TheAlliedAxis

Pokemon fan forever!
    Years
    FightLoveShipping!

Oh yeah! We need one of those harem setups. That sounds fun! There's a reason why they call it FightLoveShipping! LOL!

foxkrystal

The Music is Movin' :D
    Years
    Are there any Ability shipper's here? A deviant artist named, fanfictor26, is making a manga of which shipping Ash would recommend him the most. Five shippings have been chosen for this, and they are: Poke, Pearl, Coma, Advance, and Ability. Shipper's who support these, or ship these, have the opportunity to be an animated character in the series. The characters will be in court to discuss their shipping to the other four shippings, state the reason, and a thread-like discussion begins there. the artist is the judge, and she is willing to get as much information about all five shippings as she can get, and listen to the shipper's ideas and opinions. This case series will probably end when the Pokemon series shows who Ash is going to be with in the end, or towards the end. fanfictor's short on Abilityshipper's and she needs five more to complete the group to support Abilityshpping. If you are a pokeshipper, pearlshipper, advanceshipper, comashipper, or abilityshipper, and you wish to see the character yourself come to life in a manga story of Pokemon shippings, please quote in this post, or send a message to me. fanfictor26 would really appreciate it. For more information on how to become a character in the cast, pm me, and i'll send you the ad from ff26's deviantart profile. First come, first serve; only 35 can sign up, and only 25 will make the part.
    ~foxkrystal

Spinor

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    ASH AND DAWN, NOT ASH,MISTY AND SPAM, DARN IT! Srsly, didn't you read the first post? What random load of Bologne Shower. This is a thread to express why you even like the shipping and evidence supporting it, not to mention I got enough evidence to pwn Pokeshipping in this thread so those comments are damn useless now mister.

Orangeshipping + Pearlshipping - your spam= peace, people, peace...

ValentineUmbreon

*nom-nom-nom*
    Years
    Shipping? Where I come from we don't have stuff like that. But my oppinion is: ASH AND MISTY! nothing else. (What kind of shipper am I now?:)) Ash is a little bit confused sometimes (you know what I mean, isn't it?) He don't know what he has to do with a girl. Remember all the girls ever trying to flirt with him. Melody...Bianka/Latios...That Gymleader girl from the 9. season with the espeon. Ash didn't respont. So he need's a girl who show him what she wants, and take him on the right way. And I think that Misty is the best girl for that job!

Spinor

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Shipping? Where I come from we don't have stuff like that. But my oppinion is: ASH AND MISTY! nothing else. (What kind of shipper am I now?:)) Ash is a little bit confused sometimes (you know what I mean, isn't it?) He don't know what he has to do with a girl. Remember all the girls ever trying to flirt with him. Melody...Bianka/Latios...That Gymleader girl from the 9. season with the espeon. Ash didn't respont. So he need's a girl who show him what she wants, and take him on the right way. And I think that Misty is the best girl for that job!

Congratulations You are a Wrong... err... I mean, Pokeshipper. I recommend you read the last page as I already Shattered it... Unless you wanna start a Pearl VS Poke.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back