• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Shipping Debates

Who should he date?

• Misty

Votes: 42 43.8%
  • May

Votes: 9 9.4%
  • Dawn

Votes: 14 14.6%
  • No one, Ash only likes Pokemon

Votes: 31 32.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vernikova

Banned
Years
  • The only thing canon about Ash is that he loves his pokémon and will use them when he needs them. Of course, he leaves his Johto team roting at Oak's....

Shedinjareese

Undercover Rocket
    Years
  • The only thing canon about Ash is that he loves his pokémon and will use them when he needs them. Of course, he leaves his Johto team roting at Oak's....

Careful or someone might get into a Human/Pokemon discussion with you again, haha. And "rot" is a good word, but I picture like Tauros carcasses all over the backyard of his house. Ewwww.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • Careful or someone might get into a Human/Pokemon discussion with you again, haha. And "rot" is a good word, but I picture like Tauros carcasses all over the backyard of his house. Ewwww.

Good point. I wouldn't want that to happen again. But that's really what he does love, besides his mom and battling of course. Not his dad though.

Shedinjareese

Undercover Rocket
    Years
  • Good point. I wouldn't want that to happen again. But that's really what he does love, besides his mom and battling of course. Not his dad though.

What?! I thought he and his dad were super-tight! That's why we see him SO much! ...just kidding.

Uh oh before you know it someone's going to ship him and his dad whom we've never even see bc that's the stuffs of fanfics. Whoops.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • What?! I thought he and his dad were super-tight! That's why we see him SO much! ...just kidding.

Uh oh before you know it someone's going to ship him and his dad whom we've never even see bc that's the stuffs of fanfics. Whoops.

Yeah, just like how people shipped Ash and Dawn before they even met! Crazy fandom. :D

Shedinjareese

Undercover Rocket
    Years
  • Yeah, just like how people shipped Ash and Dawn before they even met! Crazy fandom. :D

They did?! On what grounds, Ash potentially growing up? Guess that didn't happen, he still seems pretty dense in my honest opinion.

OK and question, though this might vary: If someone "ships" something, is it usually something they think WILL happen or they would be happy to SEE happen? Bc there are a lot of shippers of characters we will probably never see again and yet people try finding all shreds of evidence for it. Probably me included.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • They did?! On what grounds, Ash potentially growing up? Guess that didn't happen, he still seems pretty dense in my honest opinion.

OK and question, though this might vary: If someone "ships" something, is it usually something they think WILL happen or they would be happy to SEE happen? Bc there are a lot of shippers of characters we will probably never see again and yet people try finding all shreds of evidence for it. Probably me included.

It, as you said varies, people want to see Ash and May, which could happen seeing that they traveled together. Others like Ash and Anabel are more for shreds of evidence. This is because people like Anabel will only be shown once in the entire series. Of course, some will say that there was substantial evidence in that one or two or that one movie in which that character appears in.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • It's another Pokémon forum. It's the Bulbapedia section you want, it has most of the general information.

Edit: In the forums, you can find the (In)Complete List of Shippings.

Paz

Old School Pokemon Fan
    Years
  • Apart from a few minor character ships, Pokemon does not have any canon romances. No main character pairings will ever be made official in the show. The most we will ever get out of the show as far as main character ships go are fan-service hints, such as with Contestshipping, Eldershipping, and Rocketshipping.

Me? I like Rocketshipping, Gymshipping, and Diamondshipping. I do not mind Eldershipping and will incorporate into my fanfiction, but I am not a fan of it. I am neutral as far as supporting it goes.

I hate Pokeshipping. Ash and Misty would make a horrible couple. Their personalities are too similar for them to be compatible. They are both short-tempered, brash, and stubborn. If they were to hook up, they would have a great power struggle, since they are both relatively dominant and aggressive people. All they would do is fight, and without a referee like Brock there to break up there squabbles, a relationship between them is bound to result in a huge train wreck.

Personally, I think Misty needs a more calm, patient, and docile guy to balance out with her hot-headed and bossy personality. Brock slides nicely under that category, which is one of the reasons as to why I like them together. As for Ash, I cannot see him with anyone, since he is completely uninterested in romance. The only thing on his mind is becoming a Pokemon Master. However, if he were to one day develop romantic interest in people, I think he would go best with Ritchie. Gary and May would also be decent choices. I am not sure about Dawn, since I have not see much of Sinnoh.

I am indifferent to Contestshipping and Orangeshipping. I do not like them, but I do not dislike them.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • Apart from a few minor character ships, Pokemon does not have any canon romances. No main character pairings will ever be made official in the show. The most we will ever get out of the show as far as main character ships go are fan-service hints, such as with Contestshipping, Eldershipping, and Rocketshipping.
    I never heard of this. Where did you get this information? The one stating that no main character will ever be made into an official relationship.

Paz said:
    Me? I like Rocketshipping, Gymshipping, and Diamondshipping. I do not mind Eldershipping and will incorporate into my fanfiction, but I am not a fan of it. I am neutral as far as supporting it goes.
    Agreed.

Paz said:
    I hate Pokeshipping. Ash and Misty would make a horrible couple. Their personalities are too similar for them to be compatible. They are both short-tempered, brash, and stubborn. If they were to hook up, they would have a great power struggle, since they are both relatively dominant and aggressive people. All they would do is fight, and without a referee like Brock there to break up there squabbles, a relationship between them is bound to result in a huge train wreck.
    You mean like how the Soviet Union and America used to be?*shot* Just to give credit, Misty has grown up it appears from her latest episodes. Also, Ash showed some maturity in this week's episode that aired in America.

Paz said:
    Personally, I think Misty needs a more calm, patient, and docile guy to balance out with her hot-headed and bossy personality. Brock slides nicely under that category, which is one of the reasons as to why I like them together.
    I think that Tracey would be better. Anyways, Brock doesn't go for younger women.

Paz said:
    As for Ash, I cannot see him with anyone, since he is completely uninterested in romance. The only thing on his mind is becoming a Pokemon Master. However, if he were to one day develop romantic interest in people, I think he would go best with Ritchie. Gary and May would also be decent choices. I am not sure about Dawn, since I have not see much of Sinnoh.
    That came out of the blue. You think that Ritchie, someone that Ash had met for like 5 episodes would be better than someone Ash has been traveling with until the Advanced generation? If it would be anyone you said, it would have to be May or Gary. Not that I support yoai shippings though. Also, he has showed interest in one girl. Remember Giselle?

Shedinjareese

Undercover Rocket
    Years

Me? I like Rocketshipping

Yay another Rocketshipper. My favorite one, honestly. Oh, but what is fan-service? I have heard it a lot and don't know what it means. *innocence*

I hate Pokeshipping.

Ah, sorry, I like Pokeshipping. I'll always be a Pokeshipper, and I guess this would be an instance I was just thinking about where it might not necessarily happen but I'd like to think it would.

Honestly, while I'm not like "Oo Contestshipping" I think that had the closest to canon we've ever seen, even though it was far away still.

BTW thanks Beware of Dark Lugia, I'll check out Bulbapedia.

I think that Tracey would be better. Anyways, Brock doesn't go for younger women.

How old are Tracey and Brock supposed to be? I thought Tracey was Brock's age. He was crushing on Officer Jenny in one episode like Brock does usually so I thought they were kinda similar.

Anyway, I personally can't couple Tracey with anyone. He was such a hilarious switch from Brock that he became the butt of all my and my poke-friends' jokes for a looong enough time that he's just comic relief to me now.

Last edited:

Commander_Latios

The man of Eternal Boredom...
    Years
  • In one episode of DP or BF, they shot down Rocketshipping. It was in one of Dogasu's episode comparisons.

are you serious?

I hope not, because if they did, I will NOT be a happy person. Rocketshipping is one of maybe four human/human shippings I still support (The others being Questshipping, Abilityshipping, and what was previously known as pikeshipping, which has been renamed to something I can't remember.)

shedinjask

all about how to pokemoning
    Years
  • They gave James this one-ep romance with this canon-sue. At the end, he left her to be with Jessie and Meowth. So no, they did not shoot down Rocketshipping.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back