• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Shipping Debates

Who should he date?

• Misty

Votes: 42 43.8%
  • May

Votes: 9 9.4%
  • Dawn

Votes: 14 14.6%
  • No one, Ash only likes Pokemon

Votes: 31 32.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2009
    Ash and Misty are like two sides of a coin, different but belong together. They have been through enough together to be a couple. I wish I could see them kiss once. Hell I would even take a warm embracive hug.

HeidiMoose

[Insert User Title Here]
    Years
  • I'm a little curious. Can you tell me the evidence on Ash's side?

Well, a lot of hints are 4kids-only as Jorah said. But the animation is Japanese regardless, and there are times when you see him blushing along with her, for example, when Team Rocket had them trapped on the blimp in the beginning of the Orange series, and they were teasing them because Brock was no longer around.
    And the way that he looks at her when she's dressed differently - which could also simply just be "oh, hey, she looks different.. cool!" - But there's episodes when Ash is jealous because a guy is giving Misty attention and she then becomes less attentive towards Ash - which, I suppose could also just be because he's not getting the attention he wants, or he's irritated that his best friend seems to care more about someone else.
    I dunno.
    4kids-only hints or not, some of the animation screams pokeshipping at times..

Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2012
    Ash and Brock also have spent a lot of time together. Why don't more people support them?
    Because people don't like Brock with guys? I dunno. Personally, I like them together. Brock's stuck it out for-almost-ever, and I don't care if it was dub-hint or not, the run-on he gave after what's-her-face drove off in DP 002 was prrrriceless~

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
    Years
  • Jorah said:
    Oh, I didn't mean I didn't like it!

I know you liked it. It's hard to tell online. Thanks for the link. I don't know if the voicing for that was on purpose. He was oddly defensive about it.

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
    Years
  • For Morpheusshipping, in an episode discussion (DP098), we (ME, Jorah, Lornami) decided on calling it Natsushipping. [Sorry for using you both, Jorah, and Lornami, but I HAVE to do it. Gomen!]

Natsu = summer. This ship started in a summer school, right? So it makes sense. I don't think this Greek God Morphues thing actually sounds good. Just because they sleep through the lessons doesn't make that a shipping name? (Or is it something else the reason?) How crappier can they get?

shedinjask

all about how to pokemoning
    Years
  • How is Natsu any better of a name than Morpheus? They met in a summer school, so you name it after the Greek god of summer. They sleep through lessons, so it was named after the Greek god of dreams. I don't see much of a difference.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Ash and Brock also have spent a lot of time together. Why don't more people support them?

Because Arceus said so.

I don't support Pokeshipping, in my noob times I even used to hate it. But I see it more fun watching people supporting it due to 4kids, why is there support?

Which reminds me, Ash was kind of noobish when he started off, like the average 10 year old, why is there support?

All hints are one-sided, I will not reject the fact that Misty likes Ash, but generally, a shipping is defined as a relationship, or possible feelings that could lead to a relationship. What about Ash when he was in Kanto?

Imagine this scenario happening in Mid-Kanto:

Misty: Ash, I have to tell you something.
    Ash: Oh no, are we out of Rice Balls again?
    Misty: *sigh*, no Ash, I LOVE YOU.
    Ash: Now there's a good friend :D
    Brock: We're out of Rice Balls
    Ash: AHH!!!

Considering the writers, I almost saw that coming during Kanto, to be truthful.

However, Imagine the Scenario if Misty never had a replacement, and Ash drank that Puberty Fast with her.

Ash: Yeah, what is it?
    Misty: I LOVE YOU!
    Ash: Huh?
    Misty: Umm... Rice Balls?
    Ash: Sure?
    Misty: (Damn)
    Ash: Let's go A Restaurant!
    Misty: Yeah, let's go!
    *Go to A Restaurant*
    Brock: OOH NICE COOK!

You build up from there, You get the point. If you don't I'll just eat at A Restaurant.

...*withdraws and chats with Kay*

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    That's what my English teacher says. But I'm not planning on any literature career in the future.

Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2012
    For Morpheusshipping, in an episode discussion (DP098), we (ME, Jorah, Lornami) decided on calling it Natsushipping. [Sorry for using you both, Jorah, and Lornami, but I HAVE to do it. Gomen!]

Natsu = summer. This ship started in a summer school, right? So it makes sense. I don't think this Greek God Morphues thing actually sounds good. Just because they sleep through the lessons doesn't make that a shipping name? (Or is it something else the reason?) How crappier can they get?
    I don't think that's possible, love. I've heard and seen things on other forums: if it's already named, there is no changing it. People go berserk on you if you try. I saw what they did for Lagomorphshipping on SPPf. *shudders* It wasn't pretty.

It's not a great name; hell, I'm not fond of it myself, but I wouldn't wish that sort of backlash on my own brother. They go for your throat on first contact.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    For Morpheusshipping, in an episode discussion (DP098), we (ME, Jorah, Lornami) decided on calling it Natsushipping. [Sorry for using you both, Jorah, and Lornami, but I HAVE to do it. Gomen!]

I don't mind! We'll just keep calling it Natsushipping here and just confuse everyone XD Morphues is such an ugly word. It won't matter much here, anyway. On other forums they'll probably have a fit, but I'm sure no one here will care much if just us say it haha

Last edited:

Shedinjareese

Undercover Rocket
    Years
  • I'm still on dub time so I'm not going to call it anything at all. Haha. Watching the dubs only makes me feel like I'm on 5-second delay...except, maybe like 5-month delay... anyway. Anyone know when the episodes with Aoi are going to air dubbed?

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    Well, it just sounds better than "summer", I think. I didn't make up the name, SoraNoHana or Lornami did haha. I'm so glad people like it, I thought I was gonna be quoted all down the page with hate haha.

I'm still on dub time so I'm not going to call it anything at all. Haha. Watching the dubs only makes me feel like I'm on 5-second delay...except, maybe like 5-month delay... anyway. Anyone know when the episodes with Aoi are going to air dubbed?

Well, the dub is on DP82 and Aoi is in DP88...hey, it's not long now! So about 6 weeks then.

Minuteman III

More Boosters!
    Years
  • Because Arceus said so.

I don't support Pokeshipping, in my noob times I even used to hate it. But I see it more fun watching people supporting it due to 4kids, why is there support?

Which reminds me, Ash was kind of noobish when he started off, like the average 10 year old, why is there support?

All hints are one-sided, I will not reject the fact that Misty likes Ash, but generally, a shipping is defined as a relationship, or possible feelings that could lead to a relationship. What about Ash when he was in Kanto?

Imagine this scenario happening in Mid-Kanto:

Ash: Oh no, are we out of Rice Balls again?
    Misty: *sigh*, no Ash, I LOVE YOU.
    Ash: Now there's a good friend :D
    Ash: AHH!!!
    Yes. A ship should have a 'balance of feelings' between two subjects. This is what we *mainly* debate. For example, the Chowder/Panini (1) ship in the show "Chowder" has a major imbalance- Panini loves the s*** out of Chowder, yet Chowder calls in the calvary to fend her off like she's a terrorist. We somewhat see this in Lagomorphshipping, however the scale is balancing out. We never saw a balancne of the scales with Pokéshipping, but we never saw a massive imbalance- instead of the boy being a chunk of lead, or a smaller piece of rubidium decaying into hydrogen gas, as in the last two cases, Ash was decaying lithium.
    *NOTE: The girls in said cases were helium.
    *SECOND NOTE: Chemistry class would help you get my comparisons.

-now in silly mode-
    Oh great, here comes Monty Crowcanaw's Flying Circus!
    (Starts watching MP's FC for two hours) Oh the insanity!....
    As for the delays in the airing of episodes...

I hereby blame my f***ing stupid cable company, Time Warner. Sadly, I don't have a freescanning sat dish so I can watch the originals raw. Don't blame me.

(1) For future ref, I'll refer to this as Marzipanshipping.

Last edited:

Lukespade

Poke'mon Author
    Years
  • I dont know wat all these different types of shippin are but i gotta atleast say 1 thin. canonconically... NOTHING EVER HAPPENS BETWEEN ASH AND MAY OR DAWN AND ASH. ITS ONLY MISTY AND ASH EVN IF IT IS SORT OF ONE SIDED. now i can see drew and may. i dont know about dawn. i havnt really watched much of dawn but it seems more like a aprrentice to master relationship there or mabye mentor to mentee would be a better wrd.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back