• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Shipping Debates

Who should he date?

• Misty

Votes: 42 43.8%
  • May

Votes: 9 9.4%
  • Dawn

Votes: 14 14.6%
  • No one, Ash only likes Pokemon

Votes: 31 32.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Emii

I'll Keep Orbiting For You★
Years
  • Actually, Satoshi hasn't aged at all on the show. He's only one year older if he aged at all.

Oh god, pokemon and their timeline. XD I do remember an episode in the first season where Ash was in Varidian city and he said something like, "Hey Pikachu! It was a year ago that we started our journey!" Then there was the 3rd movie in the Pichu Bros. thing where he said the same thing.. I think. Not that mini-movies really count. Although in my mind, I consider him about 12. XD

Anyway, back to the topic, Misty was the only one who really showed interest in Ash. (I think) So it would make the most sense if Ash was with her. As for May.. I don't think so. I'm not a contestshipper, but May seemed to like Drew. and I haven't watched enough of D/P yet to tell anything about Dawn. I can't get up that early. T_T

But it doesn't matter much anyway, because Ash is oblivious to stuff like that. XD

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • They said he was 11 twice?! That's it he's still ten obviously....

Iruka_Sakana said:
    Anyway, back to the topic, Misty was the only one who really showed interest in Ash. (I think) So it would make the most sense if Ash was with her. As for May.. I don't think so. I'm not a contestshipper, but May seemed to like Drew. and I haven't watched enough of D/P yet to tell anything about Dawn. I can't get up that early. T_T

I think it was one-sided all the way. Satoshi is too good to be a one woman man these days.

Emii

I'll Keep Orbiting For You★
    Years
  • They said he was 11 twice?! That's it he's still ten obviously....

I think it was one-sided all the way. Satoshi is too good to be a one woman man these days.

Yeah, I dunno why they said he was 11 twice. XD I really don't think they meant to, he's still supposed to be 10, right? (He must REALLY rush through every region.. O_O)

And yeah, the Misty thing was very one-sided. XD

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    If anyone's interested, this is the Japanese version of the Misty flashback in "Gotta Catch Ya Later" https://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=311wcEoKGw8&fmt=18

I don't have the dub clip, but the clips that are used in the Japanese version definatly aren't as Pokeshippy as what 4Kids put together. Also, it has a specially made scene with Brock, Ash, Misty and Tracy all together that the dub didn't keep, I noticed. But it kinda shows that 4Kids were adding lots of shippy moments that aren't real :/

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    If anyone's interested, this is the Japanese version of the Misty flashback in "Gotta Catch Ya Later" https://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=311wcEoKGw8&fmt=18

I don't have the dub clip, but the clips that are used in the Japanese version definatly aren't as Pokeshippy as what 4Kids put together. Also, it has a specially made scene with Brock, Ash, Misty and Tracy all together that the dub didn't keep, I noticed. But it kinda shows that 4Kids were adding lots of shippy moments that aren't real :/

I also found this.

As you can see, 4Kids is plainly trying to annoy the hell out of me. That song in the English version is probably the reason many wathcers were lost.

If I could send out one message to 4Kids guaranteed to stick like hell on their waffler heads, it would be:

"Even my brother monkey can dub the show. You guys, are fudged up turkeys, now that not even "retarded monkey" can apply to you all"

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    No one...the anime is all about working hard in pokemon and that is awesome the way it is! :D

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • I also found this.

As you can see, 4Kids is plainly trying to annoy the hell out of me. That song in the English version is probably the reason many wathcers were lost.

If I could send out one message to 4Kids guaranteed to stick like hell on their waffler heads, it would be:

"Even my brother monkey can dub the show. You guys, are fudged up turkeys, now that not even "retarded monkey" can apply to you all"

4Kids bashing has been uncool since they got rid of One Piece.

Anyway, I like how they used clips that weren't in the dub before. I'm totally wishing now that that other thread is merged with this one now.

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
    Years
  • Oh man, Jorah, when you posted that, I never knew how much more powerful the original was. I never watched the originals, and wished there were English subtitles. It definitely gives me a new look on the anime. The music, I never knew how melodious it was.

Spinor

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    4Kids bashing has been uncool since they got rid of One Piece.

4Kids bashing has been very popular since they always dub shows very wrongly because they can't take PG ratings like men... If they aren't being ran by Soccer Moms, anyways.

Also, do you know what happens if you shift the K too early on 4Kids?

$Kids

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    It really is kind of annoying how 4Kids added in their own shipping hints. I watched the episode where Misty says "we'll be married someday" in the dub, and in Japanese she's actually saying something about Takeshi and Satoshi doesn't understand :/

4Kids bashing has been very popular since they always dub shows very wrongly because they can't take PG ratings like men... If they aren't being ran by Soccer Moms, anyways.

Also, do you know what happens if you shift the K too early on 4Kids?

$Kids

Whoaaa...it's true! XD

Oh man, Jorah, when you posted that, I never knew how much more powerful the original was. I never watched the originals, and wished there were English subtitles. It definitely gives me a new look on the anime. The music, I never knew how melodious it was.

Yep! The music they use for the Japanese version really is good, that's why it's so sad both dubbing companies decided not to keep all the original music. I know very little Japanese, but they were on about really being friends, or really good friends, I'm not quite sure.

shedinjask

all about how to pokemoning
    Years
  • I smell 4Kids bashing! A gift: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-svZ0VAG63w (trivia: that part about steelshipping? 100% true. the same reason for that god-awful MK line about Jecra in the HnK dub)

Also what is up with Pikashipping is LIKE, EVERYTHING. That is the only ship I will ever see Ash in. Besides Daddyshipping because movie four <3

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    I smell 4Kids bashing! A gift: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-svZ0VAG63w (trivia: that part about steelshipping? 100% true. the same reason for that god-awful MK line about Jecra in the HnK dub)

Also what is up with Pikashipping is LIKE, EVERYTHING. That is the only ship I will ever see Ash in. Besides Daddyshipping because movie four <3

Thanks for posting that video, it was hilarious XD Hmm I agree that Ash is probably closest to Pikachu out of everyone, but I don't think I would ship them

Years
  • I will use this against AK9 and Avd Mapper when I need to. *stores away*

I think this should be merged with the shipping debates just like most people here.

Works for me. Merging. And thank you all for playing.

Update: Apparently, the poll merged with the thread, too. I can't seem to delete it, so ignore it. I'll try to work on that (if possible). Sorry.

Well, live and learn.

Spinor

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    I voted for lockage. :(. The poll looks ugly to shippers that support non-Ash shippings.

shedinjask, That video was Hillary Clintarious! XD

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back