• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Shoddy Battle UU team - help/advice

cory70

PokeRom Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Sep 6, 2013
    Hey this is my current UU team it goes alright however needs improvement. My only real sweeper is bellyzard which i rely too heavily on. I also feel ambipom could be replaced or improved along with donphan. Finally is there any strategy you could advise me. Thanks.

Well here it is.

Ambipom@Focus sash
    Ability:Technician
    Nature:Jolly
    Evs: Att-252, Spe-252, Def-4
    Moves: Brick break, Fakeout, Pursuit, U-turn

Milotic @Life Orb
    Timid Nature
    6 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd

-Surf
    -Ice Beam
    -HP Grass/Electric
    -Recover

Venasaur@Leftovers
    Ability:Overgrow
    Nature:Calm
    Evs: HP-252, SpD-252, Def-4
    Moves: Sleep powder, Energy ball, Sludge bomb, Synthesis

Charizard@Salac berry
    Ability:Blaze
    Nature:Jolly
    Evs: Att-252, Spe-252, Def-4
    Moves: Belly drum, Substitute, Fire punch, earthquake

Spiritomb @Leftovers
    Calm Nature
    252 HP / 140 Def / 116 SpDef

-Rest
    -Sleep Talk
    -Shadow Ball
    -Will-o-wisp/HP Fighting

Donphan@Leftovers
    Ability:Sturdy
    Nature:Adamant
    Evs: HP-52, SpD-252?, Def-204
    Moves: Stealth rocks, rapid spin, earthquake, roar

Last edited:

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

BellyZard needs a lot of team support in order to pull off a sweep. If you're not in love with it, you're better off using Arcanine, who is a far superior physical sweeping Fire type in UU.

Arcanine @Life Orb
    Adamant/Jolly Nature
    Intimidate
    120 HP / 152 Atk / 236 Spd

-Flare Blitz
    -Extremespeed
    -Morning Sun
    -Toxic/Will-o-wisp

Ambipom is fine as a lead. But why does it have max HP EVs? You're better off maxing out your Attack instead.

Assurance would work better on Donphan than Roar. The main point of those Attack EVs is so you can hit Mismagius/Rotom switch-ins with a full power Assurance.

Oh, you need something to counter Specs Alakazam. It OHKOs or 2HKOs everything on your team with Psychic. Fake Out and Extremespeed will do a lot of damage, but they won't OHKO it.

Use Spiritomb over Miltank. Spiritomb can take the job of Psychic/Ghost counter for your team and become a good RestTalker with the following set:

Spiritomb @Leftovers
    Calm Nature
    252 HP / 140 Def / 116 SpDef

-Rest
    -Sleep Talk
    -Shadow Ball
    -Will-o-wisp/HP Fighting

With that, you can make Milotic more offensive and turn it into a special sweeper:

Milotic @Life Orb
    Timid Nature
    6 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd

-Surf
    -Ice Beam
    -HP Grass/Electric
    -Recover

Hope that helps.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
    You definitely want to build around BellyZard if you want to use it on your team, since its meant to rip through teams after it receives support.

I'll devise a strategy giving your current team later since I need to leave pretty soon, but a couple of nitpicks first:

-Assurance >> Roar on Donphan. This allows you to hit spinblockers such as Rotom and Mismagius.

-I recommend using the Specially Defensive Donphan EVs, because it can take hits like there's no tomorrow. Ask Dark_Azelf for them, I believe it is his moveset.

-Low Kick>> Brick Break on Ambipom. Most of the steels and other Pokemon that will switch into Ambipom are quite heavy, so Low Kick will decimate them.

Also aragornbird's recommendations really should be considered, because they will help a lot. If you want to keep Bellyzard though, you don't need to change it to Arcanine.

cory70

PokeRom Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Sep 6, 2013
    Ok i will change Milotic, Ambipom and swap in spiritomb.

You definitely want to build around BellyZard if you want to use it on your team, since its meant to rip through teams after it receives support.

I'll devise a strategy giving your current team later since I need to leave pretty soon, but a couple of nitpicks first:

-Assurance >> Roar on Donphan. This allows you to hit spinblockers such as Rotom and Mismagius.

-I recommend using the Specially Defensive Donphan EVs, because it can take hits like there's no tomorrow. Ask Dark_Azelf for them, I believe it is his moveset.

-Low Kick>> Brick Break on Ambipom. Most of the steels and other Pokemon that will switch into Ambipom are quite heavy, so Low Kick will decimate them.

Also aragornbird's recommendations really should be considered, because they will help a lot. If you want to keep Bellyzard though, you don't need to change it to Arcanine.

For some reason, shoddy doesn't have low kick as a move for Ambipom?

Assurance is good, but i used roar to counter substitute setups and then them sweeping my team.

Thanks heaps for the help

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
    It's honestly more important to run Assurance that to use Donphan for phazing. You could try out Roar somewhere on Venusaur if you wanted.

Shoddy should have Low Kick on Ambipom, it gets it as a 4th gen HG/SS tutor move.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Donphan@Leftovers
    252 HP / 62 Att / 188 Sp.Def / 8 Speed
    Adamant Nature
    -Stealth Rock
    - Rapid Spin
    - Earthquake
    - Assurance

Best Phan set. Speed beats Chansey and Registeel.

Please just use Assurance, nothing on your team can take Mismagius well (this set survives a NP Shadow Ball).

If you want a PHazer Venu is prolly better since Phan 100% NEEDS Assurance.

As for Arcanine, use this set.

Arcanine@Life Orb
    32 hp / 252 Att / 224 speed
    Jolly Nature
    - Thunderfang
    - Flare Blitz
    - Extremespeed
    - Morning Sun

Speeds beats max speed Timid Rotom. T-Fang stops you being Milotic, Toise, <water spiker>, Moltres etc fodder.

Back