• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Should alcohol be banned?

Years
    The government tried this already. It didn't work then, and it will won't work now. Besides, I really enjoy drinking with my friends. It should be the person's choice whether or not they want to drink.

Akio123

Sadness forever...
    Years
    Okay first off Prohibition didn't work remember? They tried this and it just opened up "more job opportunities" (euphemism for bootleggers).

I mean it's deeply ingrained in our culture; it's like trying to take away books. I mean don't some doctors even recommend a glass of red wine? It's one of those things that can't really be taken away without a horrible backlash. Yes, alcohol can be deadly, but it's fine in moderation. Just don't do shots of everclear and you're fine.

Years
    Prohibition was one of the biggest failures ever, and only created a massive black market to which Liquor Kingpins ruled, creating even more crime, murder and debauchery. To try it again would be even more foolhardy than the last time.

Years
    Not to mention, we make so much money off the sale of alcohol in this country it'd be asinine to try to ban int outright, despite potential benefits.

HoopyFrood

Designated Robo-Hipster
    Years
    If we ban alcohol how would I get my party on? You can have fun without drinking, but social drinking is the bees knees brutha.

Also we'd have a revolution if the great U.S of A tried to ban it again, then we'd have another occupy movement :|

Also it helps hot girls MAKE OUT WITH YOU. I think the pro's seriously outweigh the cons here.

Back