• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Should Archeops change it's ability?

Wüfzhéévk

Ǵ̸͙̘͐̓ͅl̷̚͠͝? ?? �̝i̷͕͊t̵̠̼̹̆c? ?� �̣̭̓h̷̻̰̭̏͊e̵
Years
  • Archeops is one of the strongest pokemon, with 567 total base stats gets the first place in stat total if we don't take into account Pseudo-Legendaries, Legendaries, MegaEvolutions, UltraBeasts, Wishiwashi (shool form) and Slaking, With it's 140 base attack and 110 base speed it could have been in Uber easily, exept for it's ability, Defiatist, which makes his attack and his special attack be reduced by half if his life is at half or less....

Now my question is, which ability do you think it should have?? I've hear someones think of rock head, and making him learn brave bird, while other people say it should have gale wings, so, which ability do you think it should have?

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    I really wish they gave Archeops at least some sort of Hidden Ability... It really isn't fair to give it only Defeatist even if it's meant to be thematic, especially after removing Flying Gem from the games.

I wouldn't be opposed to it having Rock Head, but I kind of like the idea of Gale Wings or even Aerilate. To me, Defeatist is for the Archeops who still have a hard time flying, as they were the first Pokémon to fly but were still better at running, while its Flying-related Hidden Ability would be to represent its success as a flier.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    I really wish they gave Archeops at least some sort of Hidden Ability... It really isn't fair to give it only Defeatist even if it's meant to be thematic, especially after removing Flying Gem from the games.

I wouldn't be opposed to it having Rock Head, but I kind of like the idea of Gale Wings or even Aerilate. To me, Defeatist is for the Archeops who still have a hard time flying, as they were the first Pokémon to fly but were still better at running, while its Flying-related Hidden Ability would be to represent its success as a flier.

At the same time as I want a hidden ability, the fact that Dream World was (inevitably) shut down would ruin it for me. But yeah Defeatist really ruins it for me, it's the reason I'll probably never raise one. I think Guts would have been an appropriate ability given how gutsy you have to be to keep trying to fly when you're terrible at it (I always thought it would be an appropriate alternative for Bagon too - Rock Head to stop it dying when it jumps off cliffs, Guts to get back up there and try again), even if it was something like only a 50/50 chance of changing ability upon evolution. After all, Carracosta has two abilities - a rare one (Solid Rock) and a common one (Sturdy).

Years
  • If it could have another ability, I think it would be Tough Claws because of the many physical moves it can benefit (U-Turn, Crunch, Acrobatics, etc.)

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I'm happy with it to have Defeatist. If it didn't it would be too broken. If they wanted it to be broken they would have given it another ability but they designed it with the purpose of making it incredible... but only under certain conditions. Otherwise it would just be your average boring bird, this way it gives Archeops something memorable about it to make it stand out vs say a Spearow. Spearow may be weak pain but Archeops is incredibly strong... but ultimately sabotages itself. See, special? :)

Back