• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Should Ash have been/should be scrapped

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    SBaby said:
    When was the last time that they referenced events from the movies in the TV series?

DP104 when Dawn showcased the Lunar Wing from movie 10 making it partially canon if not fully canon.

Nikorasu

Shut down the devil sound
    Years
    I remember when pokemon advance generations <- or something like that came out and we followed Gold for abit. Ash was alot cooler back in the first two series. Now hes an idiot.

Jolene

Your huckleberry friend
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    I remember when pokemon advance generations <- or something like that came out and we followed Gold for abit. Ash was alot cooler back in the first two series. Now hes an idiot.

He's not though. He's pretty mature, really.

And Jimmy was an awful character. Can you imagine having to put up with "You rock and you rule!" for a whole series?

Okami Chi

El Guitar Man~
    Years
    Fail.

I don't think they should scrap Ash ;_; hes like everythingespecially to me him being like the hotest anime teen ever XD, kids and adults that watch the show they learn something from him like i did, he never gave up and i followed on from that, and his story and journey has not been completed yet....
    Well then they should stop making his Pikachu (Who is freaking level 100 now! :pink_pissed:) lose to every freaking Pokemon, even if the Pokemon would be like level 15! Yet another reason why he should kicked.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    But it'd be boring if Pikachu always wins......

I do wish his pokemon'd evolve earlier though.

cjlaw

A unknown fighter
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 4, 2012
    Ash should of been scrapped along time ago, but I doubt that the creaters of the anime will change the character now considering how popular he is. I really wished for the manga to be the anime. The characters in are that pretty intresting and it's not repetitive unlike the anime.

Last edited:

Sarcasticus

Pleasure's all yours
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2011
    Ash should have been replaced as soon as his characterization flaws were fixed, to introduce new characters probably to tie in with the games with different mindsets to keep it interesting, they kinda got the right idea replacing ash's companions...temporarily at least, but oops, they forgot to dierentiate them from their predecessors by giving them a personality! And now it's too late since ash is an icon, like pikachu and can't be replaced at this point, bottom line, he should be scrapped, but it's too late.

Years
    Ash becomes Champ of Elite four, and Pikachu evolves to Raichu, and then they end Ash's story.
    No.

Ash's Pikachu is not going to evolve guys. It
    never will. Evolutions in the anime have a bigger impact on trainers than in the games. Ash wasn't a big fan of evolution when he started his journey, he even rejected stones offered to him. Not to mention that Pikachu doesn't want to evolve itself. Ash is not going to force his Pokemon into something it doesn't want to do. If Pikachu evolved, it would ruin the whole evolution=/=better thing the writers have been showing since day one.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Yeah.Also, the anime is the only thing with proper continuity around here!!

I think Phantom Champion Z should have a Raichu, it'd be like Lt. Surge all over again

Spikey-Eared Pichu

Pichu-pi!
    Years
    YES. Ash should have been scrapped as soon as the Orange Island Arc ended. I was uber disappointed when I didn't see Gold/Jimmy in the G/S/C arc, even more disappointed when Brendan/Ruby didn't show up in the R/S/E arc and not seeing Lucas/Diamond in the D/P/Pt arc just killed it for me. I'm sick of seeing Ash and Brock in every friggin episode of the anime. Give me a main character focusing on something other than being a Pokemon Master.

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2013
    YES. Ash should have been scrapped as soon as the Orange Island Arc ended. I was uber disappointed when I didn't see Gold/Jimmy in the G/S/C arc, even more disappointed when Brendan/Ruby didn't show up in the R/S/E arc and not seeing Lucas/Diamond in the D/P/Pt arc just killed it for me. I'm sick of seeing Ash and Brock in every friggin episode of the anime. Give me a main character focusing on something other than being a Pokemon Master.

So you set yourself up for disappointment by setting these unrealistic expectations.

It's like someone gave you a lemon and when you eat it, you're disappointed because it isn't an orange.

NOW ,if the anime even remotely hinted that they'd be changing characters, maybe you'd have a point. But they have never, ever hinted that they'd be ditching Ash. Ever.

For what it's worth, the Hoenn rival characters (in the games) kind of sucked anyway. They sometimes appear in the opening few minutes of the movies. We have Barry/Jun, who is basically Pearl from D/P/Plat. He is very, very entertaining.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Honestly, at the very least Ash should have won or at least risen up in the Pokemon League after Johto. Johto would have been the perfect time for Ash to basically take what he learned in Kanto, and in the Orange Islands to sweep through. But here we are in Sinnoh, and Ash is nowhere near that..

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    NOW ,if the anime even remotely hinted that they'd be changing characters, maybe you'd have a point. But they have never, ever hinted that they'd be ditching Ash. Ever.

Yeah... I take it you never heard about how they released a poster for Dawn being unveiled in such a manner that made it seem as though she was going to be Ash's replacement, did you?

Honestly, at the very least Ash should have won or at least risen up in the Pokemon League after Johto. Johto would have been the perfect time for Ash to basically take what he learned in Kanto, and in the Orange Islands to sweep through. But here we are in Sinnoh, and Ash is nowhere near that..

Yeah, I agree... Honestly, they should have had Ash go to the top 4 in Hoenn instead of just staying at Top 8.

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2013
    Yeah... I take it you never heard about how they released a poster for Dawn being unveiled in such a manner that made it seem as though she was going to be Ash's replacement, did you?

The only true part of that sentence is they released a poster of just Dawn. That doesn't imply anything. Fans might've SPECULATED that she'd be Ash's replacement.but that doesn't mean the poster implied it.

A poster implying that she'd be the new lead would look like Dawn being on there and then two silhouettes being behind her. THAT would imply at least she'd be traveling in a new trio, but not necessarily as the lead.

Back