• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Should Ash recieve a Psudeo Legendary?

Years
    I don't want to explain what they are, so if you don't know just follow the link:https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pseudo-legendary

These Pokemon have been treated as quite powerful in the anime, Dragonite in particular took no less than 4 of Ash's Pokemon to beat( it even laid the smackdown on his Charizard), and Cynthia's Garchomp has been shown to be godly as well. Ash catching one would be a huge deal that would require a lot of effort, would evolve VERY late in the season, and would be granted Charizard levels of power; much like in the games themselves. So the question is, would you like to see this in the Anime?

*Charizard*

Velocity
    Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2012
    Yes and no. Firstly no because I think it defeats the purpose of Ash's goal in the anime which is clearly defined in the sinnoh region that you can raise any type of Pokemon no matter how weak and watch them grow and become stronger. You can see this with Ash's Pikachu and it has been able to defeat its evolutionary stage Raichu on 2 occasions and also Ash's staraptor which was classified weak to Paul's standards. After training with Ash Starly has been able to get stronger and evolve to its final form and defeat Paul. Whereas Ash's rival Paul believes in two different types of Pokemon strong and weak ones and you can see that when he catches three of the same Pokemon and releases two just because they don't meet his requirements.

However back on the topic and if the right circumstances came along and progressed with Ash's purpose in the Anime I wouldn't have a problem with it.

JawKam

The Dragonite Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2018
    Would be amazing if Ash owned a Dragonite. I raised both Dragonite and Tyranitar in my Crystal version :) Took ages though.

Inferno1

Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    nope because ashs whole point behind his training is to make a pokemon the best it can be so even if he got one it would most likely stay in its base form

.hack

skunkape
    Years
    I thought he was gonna get one in Johto but that damn Larvitar had to leave, I think Larvitar should return for a championship just to help ash and he could evolve to tyranitar there, krabby did it, Larvitar can do it.

Akio123

Sadness forever...
    Years
    um no i dont think he should have any legendary
    cause being as stupid as he is he'll probably screw up the balance of nature and then everyone dies!
    He said PSUEDO-legendary. There was even a link to what they are (examples are like Dragonite and Metagross).

Anyway, I think it depends on which one. I mean the writers will never give him a dragon, psychic (odd), or dark type. Meaning Salamence, Dragonite, Garchomp, Metagross, and Tyranitar are all out. That's just about ever pseudo-legendary. I would love if Larvitar came back and joined the team. He doesn't even have to evolve all the way, but it would be nice if he joined.

ShadowYashi

A secret makes a woman a woman
    Years
    *snorts* Ash? Get a Psudeo legendary?
    Ha! He has Pikachu, with that over rated rule breaking rat, what the heck would he need a Psudeo for?
    Pfft, if anything, let Brock have it, Ash doesn't need a Psudeo he's got Uberchu.

Years
    I could see Dragonite, Tyranitar and Salamence with Ash, but I dont he gets one. I'd just be happy if he gets an Infernape and Torterra and they become Charizard strong.

Empty Pot

a new beginning...
    Years
    Ash would be to over confident then and he'd lose more and Ash would send it to live with Oak with all the forgotten Pokemon ):

:t353: RickySlaughter

Akio123

Sadness forever...
    Years
    Also the other thing about Ash with a Pseudo-legendary is this: evolution. Thing of how agonizingly long it takes to raise one. We all have atleast one Psuedo legendary in our teams so I'm sure we all know how painful it is. Now, this being the show; would Ash's hypothetical Gabite go past that stage ever?

Back