• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Survey: Should Fakemon Be Shared?

Venia Silente

Inspectious. Good for napping.
Years
  • I mean, It IS our work and we DO have our rights, and so we should have a choice between whether or not we want others to use them.

I don't think it will be that hard to have some designers sitting arround a table & work together on some well ballanced fanmade pokémon that everyone is going to use. It would also help ballancing them out. Their are so many fake pokémon & fanmade design that just doesn't look good, have unballanced stats, have a poor ability or just have bad moves overal.

These are excellent points I think. In the end, no matter how good a Fakémon is, it is very likely you wouldn't be able to use them in their vanilla form in your own content even if you were allowed to; you'd have to adapt their moveset, their stats or stuff like that to account for changes in mechanics, power creep or just general style. Having a central board that can record Fakémon and their licensing, make suggestions or archive / document variants of a Fakémon would be considerable effort, but quite worth the time if enough people are submitting Fakémon because it also becomes a central query point to check if a work is using a Fakémon in a license-abiding manner.

Years
    • Seen Jan 19, 2020
    Why don't we just make a fakemon dex? One where the community can take from freely. Where artist can donate to. Maybe even have everyone help balance the pokemon out. Could be a cool idea.

CoreBear

Pokémon Master
    Years
  • I agree. If we were to open a fakemon resource, it would solve a lot of problems. you choose whether or not to put it there, and once it is, anyone can use it. Simple enough. I mean, I'd certainly add my own stuff.

Back