• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Should guys be ashamed of watching shoujo animes?

Should guys be ashamed of watching shoujo animes?

• Total voters
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Nevermind shojo, I express interest in josei. ;D
    But um, no, no one need be ashamed of something they like.

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    honestly though, it's way too hard to classify Shoujo from Shounen anymore. Ok, Shounen is easy to spot, but when it comes to the difference, it's hard to tell where to draw the line. I guess it would go on a basis of "How much action is in it?" maybe? but then again, Fanservice (Sexual type obviously) is normally targeted at males, but then again there are those that are obviously targeted at females, which i personally don't like, but whatever

I don't think someone should be ashamed of it though

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
    Yes, we should.

Being that i am a man and i hate all types of Shounen Anime & Magazine/Manga, i'm against it and i would be ashamed to watch it.

Heh. I loled when I read that.

Basically like everyone said, I'm not ashamed to say that I like to read/watch CLAMP works.

Though sometimes, I don't notice of what I read/watch is shoujo animes. Like Daa! Daa! Daa! I think it was meant to be for kids, not for girls.

Mostly, I'm in shoujo aniems all of a sudden, like Princess Be Careful and even Angelic Layer and stuffs.

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
    IMO: Shojo just means less violence and more comedy/romance or whatever. Shows like Suzuka, which was classified as a girls' anime, is more commonly watched by guys(or the other way around, I can't remember correctly ><)
    I point you towards Sukeban Deka. Classic, female lead character beating up bad guys.
    With a yo-yo.

Also, if Comic Birz counts as a shoujo manga magazine, Tokyo Akazukin.

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
    Yes, we should.

Being that i am a man and i hate all types of Shounen Anime & Magazine/Manga, i'm against it and i would be ashamed to watch it.

*I am a boy
    Your 13, that doesn't in anyway make you a man >>

Saying that you as a man should be ashamed is just irrational because you like... JUST turned 13. You JUST because a teenager. That's a really... really... really immature statement. (That was also really really... really not the point XD)

That, and you also got them mixed up. ShoNEN is a guys' manga. ShoJOU is a girls manga. Watch it, cause you just contradicted yourself with that XD

Also, I'd be interesting to know what Shojou's you've actually seen because Eureka 7 is as close to a Shojou that a Shonen gets >>

BUT you're entitled to your opinion, so just let this be my angry rant for the day~

I point you towards Sukeban Deka. Classic, female lead character beating up bad guys.
    With a yo-yo.

Also, if Comic Birz counts as a shoujo manga magazine, Tokyo Akazukin.

Duuuude ._.

That is... awesome.
    I'll check it out. that's just... That's great XD

Last edited:

Akio123

Sadness forever...
    Years
    No, anyone should be able to watch/read what they want. I like Hot Gimmick and I'm not ashamed to say it.

22sa

ロミオとシンデレ? ?? �� �� �� �� �� �� �� ��
    Years
    There's no way I'd miss out on shoujo ingenuity.

It's like saying you shouldn't listen to a person no matter how interesting he is just he's talking to somebody else and not you.

So, it ain't shame to watch shoujo. But if miss out on shoujo stories that you actually could like, you're a coward! :P

Snivi

..•.¸¸•´¯`•.¸. ஐ
    Years
    Nope, guys can watch whatever they want and people should just like what they like and not worry what others think.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    I don't see the problem with watching those types of Anime. I mean, I've seen Rayearth, Sailor Moon, Akazukin Cha Cha, Pretty Cure, Tsubasa Chronicles (to some extent, it's a Shoujo) and a whole bunch of other Anime of that type and they don't bother me or make me feel embarassed.

In fact, I'm currently watching Onegai My Melody, which someone on another site actually referred to (quite laughably at that) as a Pokemon clone for little girls. Clearly, they've never heard of Sanrio. OMM's a great Anime with a really twisted sense of humor almost on the level of Disgaea or Excel Saga, where it parodies other Anime Manga.

The point is, it doesn't matter if you're male or female. It's just as good either way. The anime doesn't magically change based on what gender the audience is. That would just defy all laws of physics. I like it, so I watch it.

Himawarii

LOOOONGITUDE
    Years
    I don't think they should XD
    Alot of girls love all this generic shounen stuff [myself being 1 xD;]I don't see why guys should be ashamed of what they watch.Besides,it's every person's preference of what they watch XDD

Back