• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Should I play Fair?

Cornicapus

Custom User Title
    Years
    Well Cheating is OK if you so stupid you cant get through the door in the players House... you can use the Walkthrough walls cheat so you can get out of your hous XD OR just ot get event/shiny pokemon

But don cheat too much i cheated soo much the cartridge blew up!(after i strapped T.N.T to it)XD jk i never did that.... yet... >:D

Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2006
    I'm okay with cheats. The game's supposed to be enjoyable.
    So, if that increases your gaming pleasure, I'd say go for it!

Agree with this post. Personally I don't use cheat codes for shinies and Rus etc. It just - Spoils the experience. Using it to obtain starters to train up is fine imo however.

Elite MarcoPolo

Life Is All About Variety!
    Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2007
    Long before I heard off emulators and such.

I played Pokemon FireRed(Me)/LeafGreen(Friend) with my friend and we were determined to get all of the Pokemon.

I started out. I made accounts on my game-catridge, and I got a starter Pokemon and played untill I was able to trade.
    I transferred 2 off each starter Pokemon too his game.
    Then after all that, we traded the Pokemon to eachother and got 2 of each starter Pokemon.
    We then played normally and beat the game, and then we were determined to catch FireRed/LeafGreen exclusive Pokemon for each game and trade...
    We were to gather all Pokemon and train them.
    We actually almost got all of the Pokemon, but then I realized.
    The game started to get boring, we finally got all Pokemon even the exclusive Pokemon (my friend went to the Pokemon Center in Manhatten, NY after school, so he got the tickets)
    We shared tickets and got the rare island Pokemon.
    I traded the game to his Pokemon Emerald. We all were determined to get the Ruby/Johto Pokemon in that game (2 off them each).
    We finally did! (NO CHEATING WHAT-SO-EVER)
    My friend and I traded some Pokemon to this Pokemon freak who leveled up all the Pokemon like wildfire!
    My friend got all Pokemon too level 50 and then were happy with ourselves.
    We went to the PokeFreaks house and realize our 20 Pokemon we gave him, were level 100! I asked him how he did it, he told me he got unlimited rare-candies by GameShark.
    We were stunned! We did all the work without cheating and he ruined it, good thing we gave him crappy Pokemon except for a Larvitar and Feebas.
    We then quit basically, we got the Pokemon back and then went to drink some Chocolate Milk, turns out it spilled on our highly treasured worked on Pokemon Emerald and Leafgreen were we stored our level 100(PokeFreaks) and all Legendary Ubers in all Generations!
    The game data was erased, and we never mention Pokemon ever again!

Years

Should I play fairly on the game... I hear its better but i want like all the starters and I can't get them with out cheating.... So what should I do? Please respond... Thanks

Well u should try to get what u want by playing the game withoutcheating but if u have to cheat then w/e. Plus it's w/e u want to do.

Last edited:

J

good morning
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2016
    Well, cheating is your own choice, really, if you don't want to have fun in your games, and get a team of Lv.255 (max) and 999 status Pokemon, hey, it's ok with me.

Years
    • Seen Feb 15, 2007
    If you want to eg. just make items cost cheaper, or start with all starters, then it's ok. But cheating for a Rayquaza at the start of the game isn't right. I also don't like cheating for Rare Candies and 5 Exp. Shares. IT's more fun training Pokemon yourself. Also, if you don't live in America, or have no access to events, cheating for tickets is more than ok. That''s my opinion.

pikachulover306

*~~Pika Power~~*
    Years
    If you want to eg. just make items cost cheaper, or start with all starters, then it's ok. But cheating for a Rayquaza at the start of the game isn't right. I also don't like cheating for Rare Candies and 5 Exp. Shares. IT's more fun training Pokemon yourself. Also, if you don't live in America, or have no access to events, cheating for tickets is more than ok. That''s my opinion.

It is fun to train your pokemon yourself beacause you know that you did all that work and it makes you happy. Some people who live in america can't go to events like me. I have never been to an event maybe it's beacause there in NY and I can't fly there. some people have limited transportation and have to take the bus everywhere( sits in corner and crys)

Back