• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Should I update my Mac?

Le Creep!

~don't act blonde.
Years
  • Hi,

A while ago I updated OS X 10.6.4 to 10.6.6, and I had a problem with looping blue screens.

Now, I would like to try again, so should I update it? I am now running on 10.6.2, because I had to reinstall OS X to get it to work.

Years
  • Hi,

A while ago I updated OS X 10.6.4 to 10.6.6, and I had a problem with looping blue screens.

Now, I would like to try again, so should I update it? I am now running on 10.6.2, because I had to reinstall OS X to get it to work.
    I'd be researching the problem further before you do so. Search for other of the same result with your model. Unless you need the App Store or graphics updates, there's no rush, IMO.

Years
    • she/her or they/them
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    If this is a clean install, try upgrading again with the combo updater. In rare occasions, something in the install can screw up, so you might have just gotten unlucky.

Le Creep!

~don't act blonde.
    Years
  • Yeah, I updated it. I took a risk and it worked, everything seems to be in order. Not too happy with the Mac App Store, however, some of the software is extremely overpriced.

Years
  • Yeah, I updated it. I took a risk and it worked, everything seems to be in order. Not too happy with the Mac App Store, however, some of the software is extremely overpriced.
    You're the first person I've heard say that. Aperture is really cheap, and the iWork suite is reduced and split up.

Angry Birds for Mac <3

Years
  • You're the first person I've heard say that. Aperture is really cheap, and the iWork suite is reduced and split up.

Angry Birds for Mac <3

Without getting too off-topic, I like the idea of the App Store and I have had a browse around and I like it. Doesn't seem too over-priced, but there is a fair bit of expensive software.​

Back