• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Should marijuana be legalized?

Nicktacular

Charismatic Master
    Years
    lol? i edited in that last paragraph, also i tend to misspell when i rush type

I think i need to make myself clear because everyone here seems to think I'm an ignorant nun.

I think weed is overall fine, except for it can impair judgment which can lead to more accidents which is bad but that's people's fault for smoking and driving, but the other effects it would have if legalized would be bad for everyone.

Melody

Banned
    Years
    I feel very attacked right now, almost non of the people arguing against me have given any evidence or sources. I have yet to be proven wrong in my beliefs. i have backed my reasoning with facts that are irrefutable. I have given several reasons of "why not" it just seems that people just chose to ignore me.

Except about the Spain and Mexico thing, that might just be personal belief.

i don't think the arguement of it's "ok if no one cares" is very sturdy or would be smart to do in America. also the counties that have it legalized have stricter rules on the subject, which according to the initial post will not be the case

There are several posts in this thread aimed at you with verifiable LINKS to SOURCES! So yeah, most of the good arguments they're using against you have been backed up by reputable sources for citation.

It doesn't require a link in every post arguing against you, just a few. I've noted that none of your posts have had any links to any sources...which is what you need to be considered as "Trying to back your arguments".

Nicktacular

Charismatic Master
    Years
    I have seen that formula followed several times, which is a sad thing.

The point was that she said i was disproven not that i said i was proven.

there was one person who had a link in their response to me and that was arguing the laziness of Americans but i was misunderstood on that issue so the links did nothing.

Melody

Banned
    Years
    The fact that there was only one does not invalidate the fact that you have NO LINKS to back up any of your weak arguments. All of your arguments are strawmen. Prove me wrong. I dare you, no wait, I demand it. :P

If you cannot at least make an effort to prove me wrong, then why waste so much time arguing against it? Seriously, if you're gonna waste more than 3 posts on the discussion, at least have the sense to do a little research.

Nicktacular

Charismatic Master
    Years
    The only links in this entire thread was misplaced, im not sure about Trollene's, and you demand that i give you a link. that's just plain silly, the majority of my info is based on common sense and life experience, where as almost everyone else just spouts random stuff, save Surmonter he seems to have done his homework.

Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2010
    The only links in this entire thread was misplaced, im not sure about Trollene's, and you demand that i give you a link. that's just plain silly, the majority of my info is based on common sense and life experience, where as almost everyone else just spouts random stuff, save Surmonter he seems to have done his homework.

No it seems to me to be quite the opposite. Nearly everyone who has responded to one of your arguments has explained their reasoning and given supporting evidence. You, however, have simply said mostly sensationalist ideas with little evidence. (EG: "Weed is a gateway drug")

I'd like to remind you of my argument against that, the fact that it's a gateway drug because it's illegal. You still haven't really refuted that.

Also, I'd like to bring up the price issue again. While there was a controversy, why does it matter? Wouldn't you want the price to be high since you don't want people using it?

Nicktacular

Charismatic Master
    Years
    I agree, i also like how you did your research :), but people as a whole make mistakes and i know that more people will die by a weed smoking if this is legal, even if it was just one more person, would it be alright to have a person die just so everyone else can smoke weed worry free.

I have said several times for you to read my post on the gateway effect, in that post it explains how it being illegal isn't the reason for it's effects as a gateway drug. also the "evidence" is usually just random spout.

I don't want people using it because someone could get hurt (also i would like America to be successful/productive overall), But the price issue is simply to illustrate my confusion as to why potsmokers would want it legal because it would cost them more.

Last edited:

Melody

Banned
    Years
    Look at it this way...Every year, Americans waste millions of tax dollars to feed, clothe and care for inmates that have done no real wrong. They just picked up some pot at a local dealer and got caught with it. Because these inmates did no real wrong, and caused no serious harm, they lose their respect for the law and as a result they become lawless thugs with no respect for the law at all.

Seriously, if we legalize pot, a lot of the jails won't be overcrowded and right then and there, we're saving the taxpayers some money. That money can go towards being spent on something more productive, like schools. Additionally, if we legalize Marijuana, the government has the option to tax it. If we tax it, we make money to spend on constructive things, and we slow the funding of the many organized crime groups that exist merely to make a buck off of things which have been deemed illegal.

Furthermore, we can regulate it, place a minimum buying age and such.

SIN1488

Dedicated FluoroCarbons :P
    Years
    Look at it this way...Every year, Americans waste millions of tax dollars to feed, clothe and care for inmates that have done no real wrong. They just picked up some pot at a local dealer and got caught with it. Because these inmates did no real wrong, and caused no serious harm, they lose their respect for the law and as a result they become lawless thugs with no respect for the law at all.

Seriously, if we legalize pot, a lot of the jails won't be overcrowded and right then and there, we're saving the taxpayers some money. That money can go towards being spent on something more productive, like schools.

Oh yeah, how could I forget this one. And since it would help keep the jails or prisons from overcrowding, the conditions in prisons and jails wouldn't be so bad, and the inmates might come out of there without so much built up anger.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019

Seriously, if we legalize pot, a lot of the jails won't be overcrowded and right then and there, we're saving the taxpayers some money. That money can go towards being spent on something more productive, like schools. Additionally, if we legalize Marijuana, the government has the option to tax it. If we tax it, we make money to spend on constructive things, and we slow the funding of the many organized crime groups that exist merely to make a buck off of things which have been deemed illegal.

That's honestly not a bad idea.

In the process, Natural Selection will also take care of the ridiculously stupid people that don't deserve to live.

And I'm actually serious in that concept.

Years

This hits the nail on the head. This is a great reason why it should be legalized.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    So what does that have anything to do with prisons and jails becoming less crowded if marijuana is legalized?

Umm... Nothing I guess. Unless it means less people == less chance of having to spend money on things they do wrong.

Nicktacular

Charismatic Master
    Years
    The prison overcrowding wouldn't really be affected if weed was legal, because people who get caught for weed usually get fines or community service

Nicktacular

Charismatic Master
    Years
    What proof do i need right now? what proof did anyone have?

Yes mr. west i do think that, i sorta know that

Last edited:
    Back