• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Should N be playable?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
Am I the only one who didn't like N? It was certainly interesting that he had such a tortured backstory, but none of that really endeared me to him, if I'm being honest. So, I don't think he should be playable either... but I guess I'm less sorry for that fact than most people here.

No. I hated N, with a strong, burning passion. For him to be a playable character...meh. No. I would skip that part if it were optional.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
Id rather not play as N. he's an interesting and popular character, but the protagonists never talk, which would be bad for an interesting character like N, it would take his personality away.

Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2012
Am I the only one who didn't like N? It was certainly interesting that he had such a tortured backstory, but none of that really endeared me to him, if I'm being honest. So, I don't think he should be playable either... but I guess I'm less sorry for that fact than most people here.

I dont know, i didn't dislike him. But in a way, i feel his story was similar to none other than MICHAEL JACKSON!

I mean, Mike's father basically made him and his siblings become famous. They had no childhood. I don't know N's back story enough, but the room for him in the castle reminded me of him having his own personal "Neverland". While his unapproving father sat behind the scenes manipulating him like a puppet.

Years
  • Seen Sep 3, 2015
No, I just feel like a lot of players wouldn't feel like they could stay true to his true gentle and serious nature.

hinkage

Everyone currently in an argument with this member
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 27, 2024
Well for one, it would be completely unlike Gamefreak to do so. Second, I don't want that anyway because it would encourage annoying fanboys/girls, which would be, like I said before, very annoying.

Aquarius1997

The Horoscopical Master
Years
The only way i can see N being a playable character is if the have special episodes( like in explorers of sky) players can play as a TALKING N and they can start to implement talking protagonists or other new features

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
No I'm glad N wasn't chosen tbh. There's just so much that wouldn't make sense for him to be exploring Unova, or knowing what he's doing from the start. XD; He's too mysterious for the protagonist. ;__;

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
Wow, this is random. It would be like me asking if Bernie Madoff should be a playable character.

In short, no. There is absolutely no reason why N, an antagonist in the prequel game, a trainer who has a rotating Pokemon party, and who already has a back story should be playable, especially since the player characters for B2/W2 have been revealed already.

Again I'll say... totally random idea.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
Making him playable would break how the story piles up if we're not careful with it. Also, it probably also kills any hope of introducing new player characters because, frankly, there isn't a need to be. Not to mention female player characters, or the lack of it.

To be honest, I think I like the current protags more than N :P

Greenbeans

Guardian of Le Foret
Years
N is one of the most interesting characters in pokemon history witch makes people like him. But on the other side of it i want to see him in action as an evil character again.
He played a great role in pokemon blakc/white and made me see a different side of the game

Kurui

Kageroza's Waifu
Years
N is that strange kid that I met a few times on Pokemon Black that says he can hear Pokemon talking and obviously talks really fast, right? If so then, no. I don't like him AT ALL. Ick. >_> So I wouldn't enjoy playing as him. The guy that gives epic speeches (Ghetsis, again not sure if I spell his name right XD) though, would be cool to be playable IF they let him talk. Because it would be awesome to have a mini-put-an-epic-mindblowing-speech-together-game.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
Playable characters are ALWAYS the most boring characters in Pokemon. No thanks! Even though N's kinda creepy, being creepy is much more interesting!

Years
It would require an entirely different storyline if he were to be playable. They would have to approach it in a way they haven't really gone before. To make it interesting you would have to perform tasks that N would himself. I feel that that kinda takes away from the game. It would just be like being the typical protagonist, only following a different storyline.

Musica

PPPPPDPPPPP
Years
Instead of a Professor, you would follow Ghetsis. It would have a whole different storyline and you'll be a semi-antagonist.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2022
In a main series game, it will never happen.

In a spin off, there is a outside chance. I think N is a interesting character but he doesn't really fit into being playable in a main game.

SouKoLian9102

That 1 Kid Who Plays Pokemon
Years
As much as I love N, it won't really work out altogether. It would be awesome if you can play as him in a flashback or a special Wi-Fi event though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back