• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Should N be rematchable?

Minishcap

Fecaloma
Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2012
    I feel indifferent towards it, rather I'd like to be able to rematch all the trainers to try out new teams "from beginning to end" so to speak.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    tbh it would extend the post-game a little, so I wouldn't mind, buut it would make more sense if you had a rematch with Ghetsis after tracking down the Sages, then remarried N at a later point, or at least Ghetsis hinting at that (aka third game :x) But oh well, what's done is done!

Years
  • It really bugs me how they never finished up his story even remotely, so I do with you could rematch him, and perhaps learn more about him each time you do. He was a really fascinating character and I just wish they'd explored that more.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • It would be a good idea, but pretty much what everyone has mentioned to me, if N were rematchable, then it would mess up with the story since he does vanish. There are more powerful trainers that you can keep on rematching.

:t354:TG

Mr. Waltzie

Major Fan!
    Years
  • I think he SHOULD be rematchable, despite for flying off somewhere... Maybe just a spin-off, not related to the storyline. I'd like to see him again, because I find it quite interesting to battle with a trainer that actually have a massive legendary as his main Pokemon!

luciachan

PokeSpe Fangirl
    Years
  • tbh it would extend the post-game a little, so I wouldn't mind, buut it would make more sense if you had a rematch with Ghetsis after tracking down the Sages, then remarried N at a later point, or at least Ghetsis hinting at that (aka third game :x) But oh well, what's done is done!

Hahaha....I think you must have meant "rematched" not "remarried". Now that would be problematic in a pokemon game with both genders...

But I dont believe N would battle to escape capture from the International Police. It seems he realizes the damage he caused, so I just cant picture him resisting arrest.

Nephilim

Resounding Sounds.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2012
    Both N and Ghetsis should really be as rematchable as the player wants to challenge them. Who cares if this takes out some originality? I apologize if I sound quite rash, but each one of them(talking about the Pokemon games in general here) shares more than one common thing nowadays anyway, so not one game is really -truly- unique as it has that bit of something that it has in common with it's previous games and whatnot.

With that being said, it would be nice if you found Ghetsis or N is some dark corner or something and you'd have to challenge them then. I don't know, but it'd be quite a shame if you just battled them once and never saw them again after that. I mean, it would be quite interesting to face N's Reshiram/Zekrom again for a rematch and stuff, just to see what happens and whatnot.

Anyway, I'm going off on a tangent, so I might as well leave this post at that. :(

TheSilentSolemn

Pokemon Master
    Years
  • I think he should be, but that actually may be possible in Pokemon "Grey" (Obviously the name of the next game.) Because usually the third game in a Pokemon Gen has a lot of stuff added on to the story to make the game more fun.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    I hope not, that would just totally ruin the 'farewell' for me.

Geo_mani

Can't wait until spring!
    Years
  • I think that there will be an event in grey where ,after all these things are over , you will find N in an uknown forest and rematch him there!

The Nightmare

"I fight for what I belive in"
    Years
  • Nah, there's no point of rematching him over and over again because he might always be the same level and It also wouldn't Make sense why's he's still there.

Jared

Some Cool Kid
    Years
  • The whole ending kinda stresses on his farewell, so I don't think we should be able to rematch him, and there wouldn't be much point to it anyway.

Back