• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Should they make a remake of Pokemon Yellow?

Mr.Pokemon

Wyatt
Years
  • I think they should. This is my absolute FAVORITE pokemon game, it is great. I love how you can get every starter, and have a pikachu that follows you. I really think they should make one. I dont know what the name would be but, you know how the Pokemon LG and FR names were in nature? I guess Yellow could be "Pokemon Sunny Yellow" or "Pokemon Lighting Yellow" Etc etc.

Nigma

~Witch~
    Years
  • It would be a nice idea of creating a new game with that feature but i think it shouldn´t be only pikachu which is following you. What if you can choose through some other pokemon too? THAT would be nice. And a feature of joining Team Rocket or such a thing...

But what i really hope is that they should a Computer Massive Multiplayer Online Game about Pokemon. The worlds of Johto, Kanto ect. together and that you can choose your Charakter (like a trainer, a member of a team, or even a pokemon). Players could join the game and meet to create traveling groups and explore a huge new pokemon universe.

Whats about that?

Years
    • MD
    • Seen Mar 17, 2007
    Nigma said:
    ..but i think it shouldn´t be only pikachu which is following you.
    Well, Pokemon Yellow is all about Pikachu just following you as all other Pokemon get in there Poke Balls.

Nigma said:
    ..But what i really hope is that they should a Computer Massive Multiplayer Online Game about Pokemon. The worlds of Johto, Kanto ect. together and that you can choose your Charakter (like a trainer, a member of a team, or even a pokemon). Players could join the game and meet to create traveling groups and explore a huge new pokemon universe.

Whats about that?
    Ya I like something like that minus the ability to be a Pokemon lol as that be a little ridiculous and what if someone catched you and made you a HM slave lol.

As for the topic on hand yes I like to see a remake, maybe they could call it Electric Yellow.

Mr.Pokemon

Wyatt
    Years
  • Yup

Nigma said:
    But what i really hope is that they should a Computer Massive Multiplayer Online Game about Pokemon. The worlds of Johto, Kanto ect. together and that you can choose your Charakter (like a trainer, a member of a team, or even a pokemon). Players could join the game and meet to create traveling groups and explore a huge new pokemon universe.

Whats about that?

I REALLY LIKE THAT. I would love a MMORPG with pokemon (other than net battle)I think its a great idea.

phunboy said:
    Ya I like something like that minus the ability to be a Pokemon lol as that be a little ridiculous and what if someone catched you and made you a HM slave lol.

Um, I think he meant, you could like adventure through the world as a pokemon and fight other pokemon, etc, but not be catchable.

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
  • Um, I think he meant, you could like adventure through the world as a pokemon and fight other pokemon, etc, but not be catchable.
    Pokemon Mysterious Dungeon is along these lines.

Anyhow, I think GameFreak should make a GBA reincarnation of Blue version (by this, I mean the Japanese Blue version) before releasing a remake Yellow version.

But I highly doubt this, since Pokemon will most likely make the shift to DS after the release of DP, and might not release a new GBA version.

ponyta rules

ponyta rules
    Years
  • definitely!i'd love a remake of Pokemon yellow as Pikachu follows you around everywhere plus it's my most favourite game setting anyway as it would be like Pokemon leaf green and fire red but with Pikachu following you around everywhere.It would be even better if they made some new things in the game though,don't no what exactly but it would be a bit to much like Pokemon leaf green and fire red.I can't emagine them making a remake of Pokemon yellow now as it would mostly work on gba and i don't think soon they will bother with gba and just stick with DS.

Twilight Itachi X

Twilight X. The ultimate.
    Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen Sep 17, 2008
    Definately. They should make a remake of Yellow. It happens to be one of my favorite Pokemon games. It probably is too late for it though since Nintendo is working more on DS games of the Pokemon series and would probably not be working on GBA that much.

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
  • Since this involves a topic regarding one of the GB pokemon games, this goes in the Metal/Color Generation forum.

*moved*

And regarding this topic; I see no real reason for this unless they think they can still make money off of the Pikachu image alone. The actual major difference between Red/Blue and Yellow was not, in fact, the Pikachu factor, but the sprites were far improved and based off of the anime versions of the pokemon. With R/S/E/FR/LG, all the sprites are on equal footing and have no room to improve because of the limitations of the Game Boy Advance. This being said, a Yellow remake would not be useful on the DS as it would a) only serve to steal some of D/P's thunder, and b) be superfluous because of the same graphical equality, as it is likely the DS is either going to switch to stadium-style or non-sprite (i.e. scanned Sugimori art) style images for the pokemon. So...I think Yellow's time is over as far as the chances of its reincarnation are concerned.

control

Level 10 Nasto
    Years
  • The names of the updated kanto-region games are consistent with evolution stones - like Leaf Stone and Fire Stone, which would mean others could be WaterBlue and ThunderYellow. Updated Johto ones would be MoonSilver and SunGold and if there is another evolution stone, there would be one for crystal, if not maybe QuartzCrystal would be good.

But, come to think of it, they would be making too many games and they're probably going to only make Nintendo DS ones from now. They should make one that has all four regions and goes up to Level 400 (up to 100 in Kanto, 200 in Johto, etc)

Years
    • MD
    • Seen Mar 17, 2007
    control said:
    The names of the updated kanto-region games are consistent with evolution stones - like Leaf Stone and Fire Stone, which would mean others could be WaterBlue and ThunderYellow. Updated Johto ones would be MoonSilver and SunGold and if there is another evolution stone, there would be one for crystal, if not maybe QuartzCrystal would be good.
    So that's how the remakes were named then, if so the other names for the other games sound cool.
    control said:
    But, come to think of it, they would be making too many games and they're probably going to only make Nintendo DS ones from now. They should make one that has all four regions and goes up to Level 400 (up to 100 in Kanto, 200 in Johto, etc)
    Well, what Nintendo needs to do is make a new handheld as the GBA is pretty much dated now especially with the slick PSP coming out and showing that we can have better graphics on the handhelds.

As for your idea about having it go up to Level 400, that sure make training more harder as people these days still complain about getting there Pokemon to just Level 100 plus Pokemon moves would have to be spread out way way more. Though if a game were to have all 4 regions it be the only easy way to go region to region.

Last edited:

adwajr

Bored Trainer... *yawn*...
    Years
    • Seen May 15, 2014
    I think that too, SM. I play on crytal and wonder if they will make a revamp of it.

Back