• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Should we symphatise with the new VAs a little?

miyo

grass pokemon trainer
    Years
    I created this post since there was so much speculation over the new VAs..
    hmmm. shouldn't we consider about the VAs' feelings too? I mean, they are trying their best to voice their characters. Though I am not a big fan of the new voices, I do feel we have to accept them.. it's pretty sad when people comment so rudely that the new VAs suck or anything. Either ways, they are hosting our favourite show~

That's just what I feel though.. what are your comments?

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    Well I don't actually watch the anime but ...

No.

They're are getting paid for what they do. Sure, they may try their best in their profeesion, but chances are, they are trying so that they don't get fired.

And don't we have the option to voice our opinion, whatever it may be.

miyo

grass pokemon trainer
    Years
    I see.. but even so, I think it'd drive you mad if you had to voice something that so many people are against.. Imagine voicing an episode, and then knowing that whatever you're doing now, somewhere around the globe, there's always someone cursing you.. Personally, I felt quite sad though.. and I would really pity and feel sympathy for the new VAs~

Treecko Tamer

AKA 'Darkliger'
    Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2012
    Well I don't actually watch the anime but ...

No.

They're are getting paid for what they do. Sure, they may try their best in their profeesion, but chances are, they are trying so that they don't get fired.

And don't we have the option to voice our opinion, whatever it may be.

I think miyo's point is that it wasn't the new VAs decision to kick Veronica Taylor and the others off the show. It was PUSA's decision. The new VAs are only doing THEIR job's - being the new voices for Ash and the crew.

Besides, they don't sound THAT bad. Plus, regarding Ash, I don't know where people are getting the idea that he sounds younger now. IMO, he sounds older - as he should since he IS getting older.

So, should we symphatise with the new VAs a little?
    My answer: Yeah!

miyo

grass pokemon trainer
    Years
    I think miyo's point is that it wasn't the new VAs decision to kick Veronica Taylor and the others off the show. It was PUSA's decision. The new VAs are only doing THEIR job's - being the new voices for Ash and the crew.

hahas. thanks man, you brought my point up!! yeah!! and here I was beginning to doubt my expression skills.. hahas

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    Oh I understood you, but I don't see why you care about them?

Well, I can .... but I don't care about the VA's - they are just doing their job.

If they don't feel that they are doing it to the best of their ability, whether it be of their own judgement or the judgement of others (ie the fans), they should either get better, not worry and continue on with what they are doing, or just give up.

I'm not saying anything about their actuall VA skills, but if they are so worried about what people think, then they should do something about it.

Don't worry about them ... it's their job.

Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2009
    true that it's their job, but it's also their life, and well... they are doing it for the fans ^.^

anyways. i see where you're coming from miyo. i think that they really are trying their best at what they are doing. sometimes Brock and Jame's voice sounds completely like the origional, and it makes me happy! XD Ash's could still use work, but they're trying!

I do feel pity for them cause they are just dong what they are hired to do, and who are we to say that they suck? if they started out with these voices we'd probably love and adore them. soooo... it's a change, but we have to try to accept it! ^^

miyo

grass pokemon trainer
    Years
    hahas.. glad to hear that ^^
    If the new VAs were the ones who voiced since episode one, we could have ended up hating Veronica Taylor.. The new VAs are put in disadvantage because they voiced the characters after the series has already been aired for so long~ They're not awful, it's just that we're not used to their voices I suppose..

MewSkitty

I love everyone!
    Years
    I, like the rest of the members of SOVA, feel no sympathy for the new VAs. We will be glad when they get kicked off the show and the old VAs are put back on. SOVA is hoping for one of two things: 1) PUSA brings back the old VAs or 2) 4Kids gets the show rights back and they will put the old VAs back on. We will fight until the very end! We shall never give up!

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
    Ⅰ suppose we should sympathise with the new VAs
    But I'm not a big fan of them especially May's voice. (Unless those Episodes I downloaded were fake...)
    They all sound a bit too weird for me. I think I will stick to watching the Japanese version.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Well even though im not into saving the original ones (Because im too lazy to get into that) I think that teh new ones obviously are bad-ish, if they were good they would have been chosen origionally. So yeah I think yeah if you just want something to agree with but nope if you like teh way pokemon used to be.

<3 Nica--Yeah im halfish half

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I sorta feel sorry for them, but they're also lucky... They get to voice Pokemon characters. xD ...that the anime's pretty popular.

I feel worse for the old VA's though...

Even though, I've talked to Sarah Natochenny (Ash's new VA), and she says that she is doing her best, because she knows its hard when things just suddenly change on you...
    I have respect for her since I know that she's trying to do her best with voicing her character, and not just doing it for the money.

Elite Trainer Raven

Better than you.
    Years
    I'm not saying anything about their actuall VA skills, but if they are so worried about what people think, then they should do something about it.

Don't worry about them ... it's their job.
    They already are. At SPPf, we've gotten one of the voice actors to come aboard and ask for advice from the fans. Something 4Kids NEVER attempted to do as they never really cared about the interest of the fans.

While it is a job, their job is in the entertainment business. They're there to please the audience. If the audience isn't pleased, their job is in danger.

I, like the rest of the members of SOVA, feel no sympathy for the new VAs. We will be glad when they get kicked off the show and the old VAs are put back on. SOVA is hoping for one of two things: 1) PUSA brings back the old VAs or 2) 4Kids gets the show rights back and they will put the old VAs back on. We will fight until the very end! We shall never give up!
    I pity the new VAs when you say that. Why? Because it was the same VAs that you're supporting that took the jobs of the VAs of Sega that were providing their voices for the Sonic games. Your so called innocent cast outright took the jobs of current VAs without even telling them. They didn't even find out until Sonic's original VA called in to ask when they'd want him to begin recording for the newer games. Payback hurts, doesn't it?

Volta.

NEEDS A NEW AVATAR@&$^@
    Years
    I say we should sympathize. I confess I was a little disappointed with their first episode, but all those afterwards were much better than that. Going back to the first ever pokemon episode, Ash and Co. sound quite different than the recent seasons with the same VAs. They've adapted. We'll get used to it. All it takes is time.

miyo

grass pokemon trainer
    Years
    I say we should sympathize. I confess I was a little disappointed with their first episode, but all those afterwards were much better than that. Going back to the first ever pokemon episode, Ash and Co. sound quite different than the recent seasons with the same VAs. They've adapted. We'll get used to it. All it takes is time.

yes, I agree.. all it takes is time. =)
    and may I stress again that I'm not a great fan of the new voices.. but I believe I'll somehow manage to adapt to their voices.. and like almost all of the pokemon fans out there, I'd really wish for the old VAs to come back; but it seems pretty impossible, despite so many fans writing in to pokemon.com.. so might as well, we move on and accept the new ones..

Ash's Pika Pal

some have to let go
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2007
    Umm....Let me try to explain something about SOVA,
    1.we are NOT heartless people who don't feel any sympathy for the new V.As.
    2.We don't care which companey get's it as long as the original V.As get to do the voice acting.
    3.If we had our choice the original V.As would get to voice the main characters like they used to and the new V.As would get to do a spin off such as chronicals or mysterious dungeon. That way no one would get left out and the new V.As could grow into their own special roles without any pressure. If they would do it that way then the new V.As could grow over time,become better V.As and the original V.As would finally get their roles back. I can tell alot of you want the original V.As back,but don't want the new V.As to loose their jobs,well there is the answer. Also,the fighting would stop.

SOVA is a peaceful orginazation,we DON'T want to start fights,flame,bash,etc... We are NOT whiney inmature cry babies,infact most of if not all of us are very mature.
    So,please don't think bad about SOVA all we want is the original V.As back.

Years
    The voices aren't the main problem with the new episodes... Sure, a few characters could use a little more expression in their voices, but they're doing alright.

The main problem is that the writing, dialogue and jokes just don't fit with the old characters and the most recent episodes of the show. Alot of the things said just don't fit with what we're used to those characters saying. Team Rocket gets this the worst, I think, since most of their lines are supposed to be humorous as well...

But overall it's not nearly as bad as it was in the Mirage Master special... I think the voice actors will get better, and likely we'll get used to the writing and dialogue...

Dingbat

Cacnea is AWESOME.
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Nov 7, 2023
    Do you even know how stupid you come off as by posting that?

..:i n n e r_宇 宙:..

This is called 'YOU SUCK'
    Years
    Sadly, I do think we should symphatize with the VA. I mean, look at Pokemon itself. It has a reputation now, otherwise this place, and others, will never have existed. Plus, there's the group that never liked the dub in the first place, and will hate the VA even more than the previous VAs.

They have a lot of work to do, and they have to do it perfectly.

See how stressful that can be?

And for the matter regarding the 4Kids should get back the show copyrights, apparently, someone said that PUSA wanted the original voice actors, but because of a contract with 4Kids that made Veronica Taylor, Eric Stuart, and so on have to dub for 2 years, and 4Kids being pessimistic idiots, PUSA had to get new voice actors. Sadly, they decided not to get the original Voice Actors, as said somewhere in IMDB, or PokeDream, or something like that.

Of course, I don't know if that's true at all, but one can dream, right?

It's a shame though, because sometimes you don't appreciate things until they're gone.

Pokemon has had to lose something for quite a while now, and it's really a shame that it had to be not only the voice actors, but to get imitators.

While I despise the new one, due to my not being used to it, I don't think that it earns the treatment that MewSkitty has given it, but I don't think MewSkitty deserves to get such harsh words pointed at him/her.

All in all, I really hope that the Pokemon VA will improve, and finish what the old ones started.

From,
    ~TheRoad

Kylie-chan

[span="background:#000; padding: 2px 10px;"][color
    Years
    I don't watch the Pokémon anime; but whether they suck or not, they do cop a lot of crap from old-school fanboys/girls; I've heard a lot of praise for them, actually. I think the dubbing company are at fault, actually. Not the VAs.

Back