• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Should women be allowed to go around topless in public?

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    As a girl, I would not follow this even if it were allowed. I mean, I get enough of the pervy kids in my grade (8th) staring at me already, don't need to give them the impression of being a ****. I think that maybe we should have the OPTION of it, but there would be an age limit, like 18+. But really, I don't exactly want to see fat, lazy ladies that are too lazy to put on a shirt walking around with their tits jiggling around. That's gross. I doubt that anyone taking advantage of this new freedom would be attractive in any way, because unless you are a cheap prostitute, you should at LEAST have a liiiittle dignity.

Saying people wouldn't look good topless isn't a valid argument for it being banned.

Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2016

Saying people wouldn't look good topless isn't a valid argument for it being banned.

While we're at it, we better ban also middle-aged men with large bellies and man-boobs from going out in public wearing just shorts too, because that doesn't look good either!

outfox

in
    Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2013
    Actually, can any women on this forum confirm that if women walking around topless was eventually allowed, they'd follow this new trend (bearing in mind the number of perverts you'll undoubtedly pass by in public)?
    Totally. We have a lot to get past as a society first, though, and at the very least if I want to be nude I can do so in private. Morals evolve, and there are plenty of places for people who don't find public nudity intrusive or immoral to go. We're still in an age where men argue that women who wear low-cut shirts are "asking to be raped," and those people are the only reason I'm uncomfortable walking outside the way I was born. *Nude-style.*

Years
    • Seen May 30, 2013
    I really do not see the reason for opposing this. Several tribes and civilizations have done this before and no evil has come out of it. The only reason we (well, mostly Americans) are so squeamish against female nudity is because we were all raised in a society where topless women is considered to be taboo and outside of the ordinary. My main argument is that since we are basing the status quo on tradition and not on logic and reason, it should be changed.

pleb

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Dec 1, 2014
    Definitly not. And most Men don't go around topleess.

Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2016
    Definitly not. And most Men don't go around topleess.

You haven't been to Southern Ontario then. It's common to see males, young and old, without shirts on during the summer months. It can get real hot. In the spring, fall and winter: not so much--for obvious reasons.

Years
    I don't think anybody should. I don't like staring at man boobs, no thank you. And I like the imagination aspect to more well clothed women.

Back