• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Shouldn't Ash be kicking ass?

Lieutenant Unstable

Camelot Castaway
Years
I would really like to see a new series with Ash, but aged around 15-17 and not a n00b, but maybe facing new challenges and obstacles that he hasn't before, so it would make sense for him to not exactly know what he's doing all the time! Basically, an older, more mature (but still nostalgically childish) Ash and Pokemon in general. But that's a dream. They'll never stop marketing Pokemon to LITTLE kids, which I understand, but I just wish they would do something for us big kids, haha.

Years
I always thought the smart thing to do would be to have Ash age normally. And then with each generation have one of the characters from the game tag along.

That way we get to see Ash progress the way he should be, but you always have the constant "new trainer" that can appeal to the younger viewers and better promote the games.

Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2012
I wonder if we'll ever get an in story account as to why Ash is constantly being reset, aging aside, I assumed it was because each region is harder but maybe there's something else effecting Ash and co. cue a hidden reality warping enemy thats trying to stop Ash from becoming a master prehaps...?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2020
Personally, I'm not sure if the concept is even working with the target audience. After all, the ratings actually grew worse after Johto and possibly AG.

In either case, they honestly should have at least made Ash seem like he's more of a veteran than someone who acts like a noob even though he is way past the rookie stage by now. DP and AG may not have been good, but at least he acted like he had experience regarding his acting like a professional trainer a few times. In this series, Ash is acting like his Kanto self, which is not good at all. Honestly, if they really wanted a reboot for BW, they should have just replaced him from the start of the series so we wouldn't have this sort of problem.

Years
I do find it quite annoying how Ash seems to act like a newbie at the start of most series, especially this series. Even midway through series he forgets things like he forgets about the Kings Rock just one or two episodes after Misty's Poliwhirl evolved through one. Ash should indeed be much smarter than this by now. He should have already known that his pokemon fight for him as Prima/Lorelei once told him.

Back