• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Shouldn't bad eggs be illigal

Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2008
    my friend got a bad egg the other day for stealing one my pokemon. He gave it back then got mad at me!

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    I never said people wouldn't buy the game simply because they couldn't cheat. I said it would be unlikely for people to buy the same game again. And it ties in perfectly with the topic at hand, since bad eggs are a consequence of cheating. I'm surprised you aren't pushing for a trigger device that bricks peoples' GBAs/DSs.
    The topic at hand is consequences for cheating, not game sales. I will assume that "bricks" means breaks, and I never even thought of that. Having their cart become useless is nasty, but causing the GBA/DS to become corrupt and useless would be absolutely brutal! I like the way you think.

antiluft

Sporadic Player
    Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2016
    The topic at hand is consequences for cheating, not game sales. I will assume that "bricks" means breaks, and I never even thought of that. Having their cart become useless is nasty, but causing the GBA/DS to become corrupt and useless would be absolutely brutal! I like the way you think.

No, "brick" is a term in electronics that means the device in question has the functionality of a brick.

Fluffy Clouds

Is not really active.
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Dec 20, 2017
    Bad Eggs were never put in the game to punish people. We have no proof of that (if anybody has some, please tell me), and I think they wouldn't have released the game if it were to punish people. I don't see a message in the games stating that you cheated and that the game will punish you for doing so. So pretty much it might have been a placeholder.

Do I have a point here?

Also, "bricked" is a figure of speech meaning that something like a DS, PSP, etc. is broken and doesn't work anymore (i.e. not starting up right; not starting up at all.)

Last edited:

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • No, they should not be illegal. If anyone needs to steal other's Pokemon (why?), then they deserve it one hundred percent.
    Something like item hacking is fine but why do you need NPC's pokemon?

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • I got a bad egg for tweaking (not hacking or AR), is that bad?
    P.S. I feel ashamed, I heard that Darkrai event was available for download, then I missed it, so one day (I don't like cheating btw) my friend came over with an action replay, I couldn't resist downloading it, so I used AR, is that wrong too (not to spam but... i'm sorry, i'm sorry, i'm sorry, i'm sorry, i'm sorry!!!!!)

Flaps

<Insert awsome line here>
    Years
  • I dont think its cheating really, (well I guess technically it is) when you use AR to JUST get the item for a legendary, e.g mystic ticket because you still have to go to the island and battle it. Which is what I do. Because otherwise It ruins the fun and challenge of the game.

HollowNightmare

Black Light. White Evil.
    Years
  • I only use Medicine Hacking and Item Cheat Codes.

That is what I only did on my Emerald game yet when I cloned a Pokemon (Using the Emerald glitch) one of the clones still turned into a bad egg. :( I mean everyone else that I know has cloned on Emerald so why did a Bag Egg appeared on my game.

j_

Years
    • Seen Oct 19, 2008
    Bad eggs weren't designed as a punishment for cheating. It's simply a place holder the game uses when it encounters data it cannot understand.

This usually occurs through the use of cheating devices, yes. The game doesn't check to see if you are using an AR, then give you Bad Eggs automatically.

:laugh: Basic Research is fun!

Last edited:

sdfs

Is graceful like Zuzu.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2008
    Bad eggs weren't designed as a punishment for cheating. It's simply a place holder the game uses when it encounters data it cannot understand.

This usually occurs through the use of cheating devices, yes. The game doesn't check to see if you are using an AR, then give you Bad Eggs automatically.

:laugh: Basic Research is fun!
    I'm fairly certain that people were talking about it as a side effect to cheating, not scanning to see if an AR was attached. The people talking about it scanning to see if an AR was attached were talking about how they would brick your cartridge if you cheated.

F-F-Franklin

Metagross > Metagame
    Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2009
    They put them in to wreck losers' lives because they revolve around hacking a pokemon game.

Back