• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Showdin region, help me make a new region

Mr. Showdown

Pokémon professor of the Showdin region
Years
hi guys, so here's what i am doing. me and mister coffee have been talking about making a new region. he has made a lot of fakemon and i have an idea for a new reigon but, i thought me and mister coffee could use some help. so i have a beta vertion of showdin, with a proffesor, 5 gyms, and an evil team. so if you want to help message me and i will give you the run down.

Years
hi guys, so here's what i am doing. me and mister coffee have been talking about making a new region. he has made a lot of fakemon and i have an idea for a new reigon but, i thought me and mister coffee could use some help. so i have a beta vertion of showdin, with a proffesor, 5 gyms, and an evil team. so if you want to help message me and i will give you the run down.

Hiya!

I have no issue with you planning and discussing details regarding your region in this thread, but it doesn't really seem necessary to keep this open if you just want people to message you for details and planning.

Last edited:

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 7, 2020
Well, I will definitely help you brainstorm some stuff. I'm not sure I can contribute a ton but I'll try to help out. It would probably just be some creative writing here and there. My spriting skills are a bit rusty, I haven't sprited in a while, I wouldn't mind getting back into it, but I can't make too many promises.

Also, thanks Colours for the suggestion, I was originally suggesting working in the thread because it sounded like it was supposed to be a thread where people would just come in and bounce ideas off of one another. However if it's better to just close the thread and chat through PM, then that would probably be fine.

Years
Also, thanks Colours for the suggestion, I was originally suggesting working in the thread because it sounded like it was supposed to be a thread where people would just come in and bounce ideas off of one another. However if it's better to just close the thread and chat through PM, then that would probably be fine.

It's up to you guys, really! :o Do you prefer to work on this more in this thread, or through PM?

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 7, 2020
It's up to you guys, really! :o Do you prefer to work on this more in this thread, or through PM?

I'll leave that idea up to Mr. Showdown, it's his idea to create this region so I guess it kind of depends how much he wants to share it and listen to ideas from other people. I personally think it would be really kind of cool to create a pokemon game skeleton to start with and then have a bunch of other posters hop in and flesh out the ideas more. Who knows maybe some day it could be the ultimate poco fan game or something.

...Plus it might make me stop being lazy with my spriting and actually try to do it again. lol

Back