• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Shutting down of Nintendo Servers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadeh

KABOOM!
Years
  • As you all have heard, Nintendo will be relieving Online Play for The Wii, Ds, and DSi. The day this will happen is to be set on May, 20 of this year. That means no more online pokemon battles for SS/HG, B/W/B2/W2 for the Ds/Dsi. Along with the beloved Super Smash Brothers: Brawl for the wii. What is your say on this? Is it the Wii U's fault? Will this just lead to a bigger problem for Nintendo as a whole?

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
  • No, because the services are 9 years old and frankly they are outdated. I much prefer the fact that the 3DS accepts routers with better encryption standards than freaking WEP.

I think the only kind of ♥♥♥♥♥♥ thing about it is that it might affect my parents being able to use certain things on their wii but eh.

Shadeh

KABOOM!
    Years
  • Exactly. Looks like I will be using Netflix on my 360 then. Parent's won't be too happy though. We won a wii for free, and now it will be useless x.x

Shadeh

KABOOM!
    Years
  • Actually Super Smash Bros. was pretty dang fun online, and LONG before I got my xbox I always played cod on it CX

PokeGeisha

Breeder and CompetitiveTrainer
    Years
  • I agree with this decision. Its quite annoying that on Brawl you couldn't connect with random people to fight.:/ Plus well for me the only game I still play on my wii is Harvest Moon which doesn't require online^^

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back