• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Siblings - Your relationship with them.

Your relationship with them

• Bad - We kept fighting with each other more than we get along.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

RYOUKI

survive the world.
Years
  • Siblings - How many do you have and what's your relationship with them?

I have a younger sister and my relationship with her, well, you know the anime Ore no Imouto? Yeah. We're even the exact age as the protagonists. She despises me and I can't stand her so I just try to ignore her. Sometimes when I thought we're getting along fine then -boom-, moments later she has a complete personality change. I guess it's because of puberty. I thought that it's a normal relationship between siblings in their teenage years, but one of my friend and her relationship with her sibling are close. It's seems like they're not afraid of going outside and being seen with each other. (My sister wont let me meet her other friends. -.-) My friend's facebook photos includes her and her sister having their picture taken together, with their faces close to each other and making a 'V' sign together.

So yeah, how many siblings do you have and what's your relationship with them?

Yurusumaji

The Collector
    Years
  • I have one older sister and one younger half-sister.

My relationship with my older sister is incredibly strained and barely existent. She is a huge drama queen and incredibly immature, so she has some serious communication issues. If she rips on me about something that I do/enjoy and I defend myself, she'll say I'm mean and then stop speaking to me. There is a ton of tension between us and I highly doubt we'll ever be close like we were before. I used to look up to her, but now, I honestly look down on her. I can't even respect her. She's just a mess.

I don't have a relationship at all with my half-sister because she is my father's and step-mother's daughter. My father and I have not been on speaking terms for ... a decade now. So I get photos of her from my stepmom because she's "the little miracle", but beyond knowing what she looks like I haven't seen her or anything of the sort.

Years
  • I have one half brother and four half sisters.
    Brother is older, even though we've lived in the same room for 16 years were still pretty distant. The only time we ever click is when were home alone and watching a film or when were *****ing about out step dad.
    First two sisters are younger, from my mum, i am quite close to because i was iscolated from all my friends till a few years ago but now we've started to drift apart like normal teens do.
    Other two are younger as well, from my dad, i've never met before due to complications with my dad.

Trinity Cross

死神
    Years
  • Well, I have one sister, and let's just say we don't have a slightest bit of sibling love. She hates me and I hate her. Her friends hate me, my friends hate her. We don't do anything together, and we never agree on anything. When I was being picked on in elementary school she could care less, even if it was her friends doing it. So yea, I hate her.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Meh, I'd say it's a bipolar relationship. One day we are trying to kill each other and the other we team up and play in a destructive way that tends to annoy our parents hardcore.

But me and my brother are extreme contrasts: I'm unsocial, he's talkative. I'm academics, he's sports. I'm work, he's play. I'm constructive, he's destructive. I'm engineering, and he's music. The list goes on.

Basically, I got the best of both of my parents, and he got the worst. >__> All this contrast results in complementation with annihilation.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • I have 2 Half Brothers from my Dad's side, who I barely see, however, when I do see them, we get along, even though there 19 and 25, we still talk like regular teen's would.

I also have 1 full brother (Make sense?) Anyway, we have the Love-Hate thing, we annoy each other all the time and were always arguing, however we have our moments were we can be like best friends.

I also have 1 half sister on my Mum's side, however, were that close, we don't acknowledge our halfness. I can pretty much go to her about anything, although we have our ups and down's I gotta say I love her! <3

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    I have a younger brother and we used to fight all the time as kids, so it surprised my family we became best friends as he got older. We rarely fight now a days and if we do it's over something stupid like who gets to watch what on netflix or who borrowed who's cd or laptop without permission, etc.

he's the funniest kid I know and i'm so glad we get along now :)

Years
  • I have an older brother, he's 21.

My relationship with him is... complicated. I'm not going to go into detail, but I wish it were better.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I have 4 sisters (2 younger, 2 older). We don't get along sometimes, due to always having to share things, but we manage to get along just fine.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • My brother and I get along fine, for the most part. Now that he's 18 and we're both off at different universities, if anything we're getting closer together, as weird as that sounds! When we were younger, we'd get into petty arguments about the stupidest of things; now, we can have proper conversations and talk about real stuff. It's nice, in a way.

Years
  • I have an older brother. We're both very different people (well that's not exactly hard, considering what I'm like and such). When I was younger, I used to envy my brother. He was athletic, intelligent and popular. I on the other hand, was fairly athletic, possess decent intelligence but I wasn't exactly a cool kid. Basically, I felt as if I was completely trumped by my brother - anything I could do, he could do better. That sort of feeling.

That's not to say I didn't love my brother though, we practically always got along well and such. Despite our vast differences, we did (and still do) have similar interests. We both play Yugioh TCG, both have interest in Pokemon, we're both martial artists, we are both mathematicians, we both are hardcore video gamers and so on.

We'd go through phases when we barely interacted with each other though. But I think that is just natural, as we used to see each other on a daily basis anyway. Eventually we both need to take some time away from each other and whatnot. We'd occasionally argue and sometimes it would be settled with hand to hand combat. My brother is stronger than me so he'd beat me most of the time, though I have been victorious on the occasion. Our arguments don't generally last very long and things are back to normal on the following day.

Anyway I'm older now and I realize that people are good at different things. I am no longer jealous of my brother. Though we no longer see each other as often as we used to, as we've both moved out, our loving bond remains as strong as ever.

Years
  • I have four siblings: two older stepbrothers, an older sister, and a younger brother. As of right now, I get along well with all of them. They're all awesome. Wouldn't trade them for anything. d("d)

I didn't have the greatest of relationships for awhile with my older stepbrothers, though; one was a jerk when he was a teen and the other I just didn't see much for the longest time. Over the years, though, things changed. And my little brother was awfully annoying growing up, but he's mostly grown out of that now.

Sadly the only one I actually talk to somewhat often is my sister. Not due to lack of love, just... actually I don't know why, just laziness I guess. D:

marcc5m

what
    Years
  • I have 4 sisters and two brothers, all younger than me.

Neither of my brothers can talk, as well as one of my sisters, and my oldest little sister I hardly talk to because I don't like her attitude. I'll still talk to her sometimes obviously,kinda hard not to when we live in the same house, but yeah. And my other two little sisters are...changeable? Idk one minute they're extremely irritating and the next they aren't. Then again, isn't that really what a sibling is?

Lily

◕ ‿‿ ◕ double rainbow.
    Years
  • One younger brother, 5 1/2 years younger than me. We get along pretty well. Don't really have anything to fight about lol. We have a common interest in video games so it works out. :D

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2017
    I only have a six year younger brother. We are really like the best of friends, sharing a lot and being close and all.

But at some rare times we do have conflicts, and specially these days, which involves things getting bad and complete ignorance for a week or so.
    It's always me who has to fix it, so I'm starting to think how much he really cares about me.
    I don't want the typical teen situation for him and drift apart. I don't like the idea of someone close drifting apart just like that.

Years
  • I have 2 half-brothers and 1 half-sister. We grew up in the same house but we aren't very close. I only see them like once every 4 months.

Pwnyta Jockey

Bees Hate You, Pwnyta!
    Years
  • Sibling count: 3
    - younger half-sister (my dad, her mom is different)by way of 5 yr difference, lives in Quebec, poor relations as I'm not into francais
    - younger half-brother (my dad, his mom is different), of 8 year difference, no clue about wassup with the guy
    - younger half-brother (same mom, different dad), poor relations likely, last saw him at least ten years ago

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • Four years difference between my brother and I. I'm the elder.

Never had an argument, fight, or disagreement.

Get along great. Enjoy doing things together or having each other around.

Queen of Darkness

Ikuto!!!!
    Years
  • I have an older brother and sister. We have our every ups and downs. Even though I sometimes get really mad at them and tell them that I hate them I still love them, so our relationship is a love and hate one.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • I'm a year older than my brother and about 14 years younger than my sister who I didn't grow up with.

My brother and I used to fight a lot, but since we're older, we don't fight as much... we still get on each other's nerves from time to time but we're more gaming buddies than anything else.

As for my sister... I used to be on friendly terms with her, but she's become vagabond-like as of late and I haven't seen her in years... I'd like to know how she's doing, though since it's been so long.

Back