• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sick of Ash?

Should they...?

• Make Ash a less central character in the anime

Votes: 141 29.1%
  • Make a new anime series altogether

Votes: 186 38.4%
  • Keep it the same

Votes: 157 32.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
  • Ash does get kinda boring in my opinion. I even have a friend who would watch the shop if they made a series or two with just Dawn.

Come to think of it, would his pikachu be like level 9,654,321.58 by now? I mean Pikachu's been there from the start and would of reached level 100 by the time Ash made it to Johto or something.

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2013
    If she didn't get naked then put her suit on, then explain why Max was waving his arms in a panicked way almost telling her not to do it, and Ash/Max reacting with sweat-drops afterwards?

If you honestly thought there was nudity in a kids' television show, it's clear that you live in a very different reality than the one I do.

In that case, they should have just INSERTED "Based on the games that were made by Satoshi Tajiri" instead of "Created By". Even IF it were too long, they still would have inserted "Inspired by credit:" instead of "Created by", since that's closer in definition to what you said.

It still isn't utterly confusing or fraud. Just because you thought Satoshi Tajiri was involved in the anime only means you made a mistake and didn't bother to check with Google, not that the credits are misleading.

And before you say "I never said Tajiri was involved in the anime"
    Letter to Satoshi Tajiri about bringing back Misty. and here

Anyway, since you're fairly certain that there was nudity (implied or otherwise) in a kids' show, I don't think this discussion can go any further.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 26, 2011
    Come on guys, stop fighting let that Weedle guy believe what he wants, in the end we're already off topic here

Sloofish

★Cannibal Psycho Soft For Pkmn
    Years
  • This thread is hilarious.. That's all I want to say.

Not to spam, I'll continue, Ash should have been replaced with the rest of the cast. If they wanted to go back to him in the future or even get a new Pikachu, that would still suck but would be better than un-aging infinite Ash... He was cool for when he was the main character. Now he's not. Someone else is. WHY is Ash still there?

To end the off topicness:: Unlike the others, I don't think Pokémon needs more blood and gore. I think hacks and fanfictions can satisfy that privately. Pokémon is a kid's show. It'll stay that way. Team rocket will never succeed, no one will ever bleed. Pikachu will never die. That's kind of the way it is. However, Ash dies plenty enough. I wish he'd actually stop dying. It's getting old. How many times CAN you die? Seriously.

The only real objection I have to the new Pokémon is the new colour scheme. They wanted to be `different' this time. Note, if you take any given Generation IV Pokémon and look at it's shiny form, the shiny looks like an old Pokémon. ALL of the new Pokémon are coloured like they're shiny. The result is Pokémon that just don't look right. More like Monster Rancher monsters or Digimon than ever-familiar Pokémon.

BUT.. it is the first thing they've actually BOTHERED to try something new with (Besides female companions). So, I suppose it's alright.

Back on topic:: Ash or no Ash. This is the question.. not the following::

v~~Please continue to discuss in your own topic.~~v

IS OR IS NOT SATOSHI THE CREATOR OF POKEMON

DOES MISTY SUCK OR NOT

DOES MAY SUCK OR NOT

DOES PIKACHU SUCK OR NOT

DOES DAWN SUCK OR NOT

I WANT GORE, HOW ABOUT YOU?

^~~Please continue to discuss in your own topic.~~^

No offense to anyone. =D

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2013

^~~Please continue to discuss in your own topic.~~^

Are you a mod? Because it looks like you're some random user who registered earlier this month. I like how you're allowed to go off topic and discuss the designs of Pokemon, then tell others not to do so concerning other topics.

Sloofish

★Cannibal Psycho Soft For Pkmn
    Years
  • Are you a mod? Because it looks like you're some random user who registered earlier this month. I like how you're allowed to go off topic and discuss the designs of Pokemon, then tell others not to do so concerning other topics.
    Lmao. XD
    Just finishing my post here. The thing is getting INCREDIBLY off topic into who is and isn't the creator of Pokémon and what they hate about the new Generation. It's about Ash so I'm just adding my comment on it being off topic and if my comment of it being off topic is off topic itself then you're trying to correct it by further going off topic and making this thread about mods.
    o_____o Don't talk about me, talk about Ash.
    I at least kept it in the Pokémon realm with my argument of off topicness.
    Re-topic again: Ash shouldn't be in the current Generation. :D

Years
  • Basically, I like Satoshi. He's cool and is better than Red. *Hides from Netto-kun*

O__________________________________________________________O

Oh Kenta-kun!

What do I see here? Red is definitely...[/insert comment praising Red here]

But Satoshi still has a LOOONNNGGGG way to go if he wants to catch up and touch the KANTO-JOHTO CHAMPION RED.

PokeSpe FTW!!!!

Years
  • *Agrees on the Awesomeness of the pervy Gold*

Yeah...How long has he been taking his time again? I lost track after he sent back most of his non-Pikachu PKMN back to Ookiido.

LOL. just poking fun here. ^_^

Last edited:

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • Ha ha! He took Aipom to Sinnoh with Pikachu. As a result, people saying that he only takes Pikachu are wrong.

*Notices bad grammar in previous post but is too lazy to fix it*

Years
  • LOL when I read Aipom...I thought you were referring to Gold's Ataro. XD

But yeah, forgot about that fact. Frekin' Aipom, hitch-hiking on Satoshi's back

YOU RUINED HIS PLAN OF ABANDONING YOU IN KANTO! Just as he always does. D=<

x-x-london-x-x

*~ Umbreon Luver~*
    Years
  • :]
    i luv ash but
    hey the episodes are getting so boring =_=
    I hate when they have to recast voices. I personally liked when the Pokemon Show had just started, the old episodes were cooler and went by more quickly which left us in awe. But the new ones are just cheesy!!! >.< I mean seriously! Pfft..
    And what's up with team rocket? They never ever accomplish anything..
    And why can't ash and the others catch legendary pokemon?
    And why don't they make a movie where ash is in a tournament instead of making one about the legendary pokemon..

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2013
    :]
    i luv ash but
    hey the episodes are getting so boring =_=
    I hate when they have to recast voices. I personally liked when the Pokemon Show had just started, the old episodes were cooler and went by more quickly which left us in awe. But the new ones are just cheesy!!! >.< I mean seriously! Pfft..
    And what's up with team rocket? They never ever accomplish anything..
    And why can't ash and the others catch legendary pokemon?
    And why don't they make a movie where ash is in a tournament instead of making one about the legendary pokemon..

Have you actually watched Pokemon before?

The anime has always been formulaic. Kanto/Orange/Johto are not some plot heavy sagas and Hoenn/Sinnoh are just Pokemon Anime 101. It's much more likely that you're letting nostalgic feelings cloud your judgement. As someone who actually watched Kanto recently, it isn't all it's cracked up to be. So much filler.

TR has never accomplished anythinhg.

By actually watching the show, you'd notice that most of what are considered Legendary Pokemon maintain some type of balance in the Pokemon (anime) world. Capturing them causes huge catastrophes. See Movie 2.

Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2010
    Sato is just taking his time to win.

[Insert comment on how Gold and Sato is better than Red here]
    I agree with you because most people who read Pokemon Special and the writers of Special see Red as a god and wants him even wants him to dominant the spotlight in that manga
    *Thinks about one of my previous conversation I had.*

I also do not understand why people refer to Ash (Satoshi) as a Gary Stu because he flaws are displayed by being overconfident at sometimes and is quick to jump to conclusions.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I agree with you because most people that read Pokemon Special sees Red as a god and wants him even wants him to dominant the spot in that manga.
    *Thinks about one of my previous conversation I had.*

Well I think Ruby has the Potential to be the future Hoenn Champion. :3

And no Red is no god. Deoxys Emo-event anyone?

BeatTheSpecialStage

is gay for Ritchie
    Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2009
    The Pokemon Special gave me an idea! Ash should be like Red from the special, appearing periodically, and for big plot advancements. Besides that they need a new guy.

And someone may have said this, I just wasn't payin' attention. M'bad.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back