• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sick of Ash?

Should they...?

• Make Ash a less central character in the anime

Votes: 141 29.1%
  • Make a new anime series altogether

Votes: 186 38.4%
  • Keep it the same

Votes: 157 32.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Curt_09

Also known as Chozo
    Years
    What was the name of that show that Cartoon Network ran for a little while? The one that had nothing to do with Ash, but instead told the stories of other, lesser seen characters?
    It had an episode about Butch and Cassidy, it had Jessie's back story, the story of Jessie and James in the Rocket Academy, Misty at her Gym, one with Tracy, and other such interesting things. I loved that show (usually)

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    What was the name of that show that Cartoon Network ran for a little while? The one that had nothing to do with Ash, but instead told the stories of other, lesser seen characters?
    It had an episode about Butch and Cassidy, it had Jessie's back story, the story of Jessie and James in the Rocket Academy, Misty at her Gym, one with Tracy, and other such interesting things. I loved that show (usually)

Pokémon Chronicles is what you're thinking about.

Sarah-Arceus

Pokenerd
    Years
    ASH MUST DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I WANT TO SHOOT HIS HEAD OFF WITH A BAZOOKA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    GET RID OF HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    HE RUINS THE SHOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I WISH MEWTWO HAD MADE SURE HE DIEDED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I WANT HIS HEAD ON A STCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    sozz.
    I HATE Ash. I wish he had stayed in Kanto. May & Dawn Should be the central characters. Not Misty. She has a crush on Ash, so she must die.

If you agree, then tell me.
    Arceus

ソラ

Im gonna be the King of the Pirates
    Years
    I WISH MEWTWO HAD MADE SURE HE DIEDED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I WANT HIS HEAD ON A STCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    sozz.
    I HATE Ash. I wish he had stayed in Kanto. May & Dawn Should be the central characters. Not Misty. She has a crush on Ash, so she must die.

Arceus
    Well First off all. calm down. Ash is ok. I can care less who is in pokemon Ash is fine for me, cause Pikachu. Which i like. 2nd you don't have to get all crazy cause you don't like him, Just say "I don't want him to be the main character anymore" not saying you want his head on a stick. Misty should die cause of her crush on Ash, Now that is just stupid. How is anyone gonna agree with you there, you just never like made any sense what so ever. You just saying he should die. you dont even back up your Opinion.

Well I like Ash in the first Season. But I say in other season a new Main Character for the region. but eh, I like Pikachu more than Ash any day cause Pikachu is well yeah you know Pikachu, cute and adorable.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024

Technically, those were regular episodes in the Japanese version. They were in the normal series, buuut for some reason 4Kids decided to remove all the episodes, and air them as a totally different series. >_>;

So really.. there's never been a Pokemon series that didn't focus on Ash.

But I really wish there was. xD;

I like Ash okay, but I want something new..

Ŧøry vs. M£A†¥³

It's nice like Icicle Spears!
    Years
    sozz.

Arceus
    lol, nice post yo. Well, I'm just sick of the show being so repetitive.

Rage xD

Honey is awesome!!!
    Years
    I only liked it when Ash was over-confident about himself in Kanto. But his starting to get old, its been what, 5 or 6 years they've had him and his still ten lol.

New character would be nice like Brendan or something

Maelstromk

The Dead Philospher
    Years
    Very simple
    1.Bring Back the original voice actors, the new actors just aren't as good
    2.Grow the series up a little
    3.Ash is fine, but adding new characters constantly is just dumb
    4.Chronicles was decent anime and the fact they took it off was a bad move
    um...that's all I really have to say

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2013
    1.Bring Back the original voice actors, the new actors just aren't as good
    2.Grow the series up a little
    3.Ash is fine, but adding new characters constantly is just dumb
    4.Chronicles was decent anime and the fact they took it off was a bad move
    um...that's all I really have to say

1. As someone who recently returned to watching the anime, and having grown up with Kanto/Orange, I didn't notice the VA stuff until after I logged onto Internet fan sites with SOVA crap on them. The only one that I thought was noticeably different was Kojirou.

2. That's completely missing the point of Pokemon. It's supposed to be repetitive. This applies to the games, the manga, the entire franchise.

3. It's not dumb when they're strictly regional characters. This allows for new dynamics to be explored. Otherwise, the limited supporting cast gets shoehorned into new roles. See Shigeru as an example of it (though I do prefer him as a researcher more than a trainer).

4. I found most of the Chronicles episodes to be mediocre. The only one I can even remember is Takeshi's, which was surprisingly well done. To me, Chronicles demonstrates how much the show relies on Satoshi.

Years
    • Seen Jun 4, 2009
    Well it doesn't really matter since nothing any of us will say will make PUSA go;
    "ZOMG! Peepole hate Ash letz kill im' off!".

But yeah Ash is kind of annoying; I wish he would grow some gonads and develope an attitude. He IS a teen, after-all :)

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 26, 2011
    I just thought about this, make a new main character in like ten or something years in he future and that the main character travels around with Ash as his mentor, but you know give this new character a better personality than the one Ash had a much better personality

wee187

Beat 358/2 Days on 10/5/09
    Years
    If Ash isn't the main character, the only other main character I think I'd be tolerable watching it as a main character instead of Ashe would be Richie only. We have enough new characters, every season the Pokemon cast grows bigger and bigger. Let's not add anymore xD;

Still I prefer Ash over all else

Maelstromk

The Dead Philospher
    Years
    2. That's completely missing the point of Pokemon. It's supposed to be repetitive. This applies to the games, the manga, the entire franchise.

I'm sorry, but I don't know the Japanese names as well as the English ones (In fact the only one I know is Ash's jap name)...but that's besides the point.

I just wanted to mention that the manga (or at least the American Release) was much more "grown up" then the anime was. Yes it probably is supposed to be repetitive, but is that a good thing? Your right though the series does rely alot more on Ash then any of the other characters in the show, cause none of them (save brock) ever sticks around for very long. Ash is the only character that is really an established character(again save brock).

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back