• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sidonia No Kishi - Knights of Sidonia

Frostinite

PrettyFrosty
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 19, 2015
    Sidonia No Kishi - Knights of Sidonia

I just finished this anime literally like 2 minutes ago and i knew this forum didn't have a topic on.
    I normally do not watch Mecha anime. But this was a fine slice of many different genre's!

A little foreknowledge

In the distant future humanity's home, Earth has been been destroyed by the mysterious beings called Gauna that cannot be defeated by traditional means. What was left of humanity escaped via massive colonization ships, all in different directions to escape the Gauna and find a new home. Thousands of years later, one of these ships called Sidonia is still on the run with Gaunas always on it's tail.

On this ship, a young man named Tanikaze Nagate has lived all of his life in seclusion with his grandfather. One day, he runs out of food and decides to go looking for more. What he finds is the rest of the population of Sidonia and meets the captain who for reasons unknown decides to enroll Tanikaze as a Guardian pilot trainee (Guardian Pilot being Mecha's designed to Eliminate the Gauna) along with special privileges such as being given a legendary Guardian called Tsugumori. How does Tanikaze fare as a pilot, as a knight of Sidonia? What are the gaunas and why are they chasing humaninity? Who is the masked captain who seems to know tanikaze and why did Tanikaze's grandfather keep him away from the rest of Sidonia's population?

I kept a few spoiler points out of this description purely because it's better to not know to much before watching an anime as some background suprises are often nice.

This next bit is Spoilcentral so if you haven't watched the show do not read further if you want an uninterrupted experience!

Spoiler:

So all in all

What do you think about this show and what are your hopes for the next season?
    I honestly didnt expect to enjoy this show so much as the art threw me at first but i grew with it!

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
    I kinda liked the art style from the very beginning, haha. The CG can look a little awkward at times but it doesn't really bother me as much as I thought it would. :p I've only seen the first episode as of yet but I'm really looking forward to finishing it pretty soon. One of my friends whose taste in anime is pretty good vouches for it so I'm excited, to say the least. :)

I like the opening quite a bit, btw. "UCHIKUDAKE!!!!"

Frostinite

PrettyFrosty
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 19, 2015
    I kinda liked the art style from the very beginning, haha. The CG can look a little awkward at times but it doesn't really bother me as much as I thought it would. :p I've only seen the first episode as of yet but I'm really looking forward to finishing it pretty soon. One of my friends whose taste in anime is pretty good vouches for it so I'm excited, to say the least. :)

I like the opening quite a bit, btw. "UCHIKUDAKE!!!!"

No it doesn't does it? You'll have to let me know what you thought of the anime!
    Cause i personally loved it and i would recommend it to everyone!
    It just sucks that i am having to wait so long for the second season!
    Suppose i'm lucky since not many Anime get a second season! And some really deserve too!

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    Honestly I had this on my radar but it must have slipped through because I forgot about it until now. Will possibly pick this up again :)

Back