• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Signups] Inter-Board Netbattle Tournament Signups

Mana Lugia

Advocate for Common Sense
    Years
    Note to PC: Frosty, wanna be the captain?

Interboard Tourney!
    Battle between the boards to determine the forum with the best battling crew amongst them all!

Participants:
    Serebii.net Forums
    Pokecommunity.com Forums
    Pokemonelite2000.com Forums

Battling Medium
    For this tournament, it is preferred that NETBATTLE (www.netbattle.net) is used instead of RSbot, because of its simplicity.

Teams
    Each of the forums will create a team of 5 members (And suggesting 1-2 subs in case someone cannot battle).

The Team will be composed of the following:
    - 1 person to battle GSC
    - 2 people to battle RS 202 (RS only)
    - 2 people to battle RS 386 (RS with FR/LG addons)

Captains
    Captains are yet to be determined as of now. However, the Captain of the team will be one of the team members. The quicker signups go, the sooner captains can be chosen.

Captain's Duty
    It is the duty of the Captain to take all the people who signup and filter out a team for the tournament. It is ALSO the duty of the captain to Private Message me the team in the exact order that they would like to battle in: GSC, RS 1, RS 2, FRLG 1, FRLG 2.

Battling Team Restrictions
    GSC:
    ?ber ban (Mew, Mewtwo, Lugia, Ho-oh)
    Sleep clause
    OHKO clause (You may have up to 1 of the OHKO moves on your team <Horn drill, Guillotine, Fissure>. As well, you may NOT have a move that recovers HP on the pokemon that knows the OHKO. (This includes rest, recover, Softboiled, etc.)
    Legends Clause (Zapdos, Moltres, Articuno, Entei, Suicune, Raikou, Curselax, Celebi are defined as Legends)
    Sleep Trapping Ban (You may not use perish trapping on a pokemon that knows a move that induces sleep onto the opponent.)
    Hidden power is banned on all mon who cannot breed with Ditto (Basically the legends)

RS 202:
    Sleep clause
    ?ber ban (Kyogre, Groundon, Rayquaza, Deoxys, Jirachi, Lati@s with Soul Dew)
    OHKO clause (You may have up to 1 of the OHKO moves on your team <Horn drill, Guillotine, Fissure>. As well, you may NOT have a move that recovers HP on the pokemon that knows the OHKO. (This includes rest, recover, Softboiled, etc.)
    Wobbuffet Ban
    Legends clause (Regice, Regirock, Registeel, Lati@s without Soul Dew are defined as Legends)
    Sleep Trapping Ban (You may not use perish trapping on a pokemon that knows a move that induces sleep onto the opponent.)

RS 303:
    Sleep clause
    ?ber ban (Kyogre, Groundon, Rayquaza, Deoxys, Jirachi, Lati@s with Soul Dew, Mewtwo, Mew, Lugia, Ho-oh)
    Wobbuffet Ban
    Legends Clause (Regice, Regirock, Registeel, Lati@s without Soul Dew, Zapdos, Articuno, Moltres, Raikou, Entei, Suicune, Celebi)

Note:
    Ban = Cannot be used
    Clause = Only 1 of the following may be used on your team.

Battle Format
    Round Robin
    Each team will battle the other 2 teams once, matchups will be determined by the way the team leader delagates his members. (of course, the GSC players will be battling each other, the 202s battling each other, and the 386s battling each other).

In round 1, each group would have battled 10 times. The 2 teams with the most wins will advance. In case of a Tie, the team with less pokemon KO'd by the opponent will advance. (eg: for 2nd spot, both PC and PE2K has 4 wins each, but PC's wins are 2-0, 1-0, 2-0, 3-0 while Pe2K had 6-0, 3-0, 3-0, 3-0. That means PE2K wins on less KOs, totalling 15 pokemon alive in the 4 wins compared to PC's 8)

Round 2 will obviously be the final, where the 2 teams will battle each other. The team with the most wins in the end will win the tournament.

Note: Logs must be saved from EACH and EVERY battle, and then be sent to either my Private message box or my email ([email protected]) after the battle is done. This will be elaborated when the tourney begins.

Deadlines
    - There is NO deadline for signups.
    - However, the list of participants that is sorted into a team of 5 by the team captain MUST be received before Midnight EST of Sunday, August 22, 2004.

People who has signed up in this forum:
    Captain:
    Frostweaver

RS 386:
    demonchaos916
    Hellishhades
    Mew9

RS 202:
    Toothache
    Hellishhades (2nd Choice)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2015
    Yeah, sure..I'll sign-up. So..is this all I do? Say I sign-up and hope Frosty picks me?

EDIT: I think my team is RS 386.

Last edited:

Toothache

Deepsea Toothache
    Years
    I'm in for this. Just let me know where and when :-)

EDIT: I'll make my team 202 style, cos I can live with that easier. Fed up of Substitute-abusers :-p

Mana Lugia

Years
    Oh yes, just a note: Frosty, or whoever ends up being the captain: You don't have to be on the 5 man battling roster, but you MUST be on the roster somewhere, which means you'd have to be a sub if you don't want to be on the main lineup :p

And yes, Frosty, I'm hoping you captain this team :p (Captain of PE2K is already decided, btw)

Finglonger

Leper messiah
    Years
    hey guys, captain of pe2k here wishing you all the best of luck in the upcoming tourney. Personally I plan to be doing gsc, so I hope you can get someone to man that venue. = )

anyways just here to spread the virtue of good sportsmanship and as representative of pe2k wish you all the best.

EDIT: also In hopes of mana amending the rules to not allow HP legends at least in gsc format. If I can get a general consensus here then that should suffice.

Mana Lugia

Years
    Amended. After reviewing possible loopholes to an HP ice zapdos, the rule has been added to the GSC format.

PC and Pe2K dont' seem to have problems attracting ppl. Serebii is a bit messy, so no idea if they can scrap 5 decent battlers by the weekend.

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2015
    Finglonger said:
    hey guys, captain of pe2k here wishing you all the best of luck in the upcoming tourney. Personally I plan to be doing gsc, so I hope you can get someone to man that venue. = )

Finglonger...that name sounds familiar. Have I battled you on NB before? Eh, off topic.

When do we submit our teams? Or do we not have ro...?

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    HP legends should be a GSC clause, yeah. The PE2K team captain is doing GSC? Neat♥ I'm sure you guys will be very worthy opponents. Hope we can be the same!

Mana Lugia

Years
    Demonchaos: You do NOT need to submit your team, teams can be changed between battling as needed. The captain does need to send me a roster/lineup of the battlers tho :p

Kairi: OMG HEART ICON!!!!! *faints* That's so cool >_>

Mew9

Ready to win in tourney!!
    Years
    i'm in - hopefully for R/s with FR/LG add ons (my entire team except Latias is composed of FR/LG add-ons)

Also, the only reason i got my computer workin again waz that i cleanswept it. Does ne1 no how to get back ur NetBattle record and party? Does the password have nething to do with it? I redid my team, but my record went from 27-13 to 0-0.

Last edited:

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    no you can't get your record back, but does it really matter? o.o; However, you can use your name again with the password, so you can still use your old name.

as for seeing who can participate in which category, you have to ask the PC captain, whoever that will be.

Mew9

Ready to win in tourney!!
    Years
    u would be good, Frosty, cause u have battled all of us (i think) and no r strengths and weaknesses. Plus, who can organize and stratigize better than u?

HellishHades

Pure Evil
    Years
    Toothache said:
    I don't think I've battled frostweaver yet :-)

Nor have I; at least, I don't think I have.

♥ (ALT [Keypad] 3). Hellish knows his ASCII. Is Mana Lugia doing the GSC battle? I assumed he was, since he seems so proficient in that area.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    *sigh* fine fine fine >>; I'll be PC team captain. I'll PM all of you (Demonchaos916, HellishHades, Toothache and Mew9) and we'll work things out there...

So there you go Kairi. No need to keep up all the teasing, harassments and whatever tricks you have to get me to be captain >>; However I'm *still* not going to battle.

PC still needs a GSC though! I haven't even played GSC myself o.o; so not me.

Last edited:

Mana Lugia

Years
    Yay! Frosty's in da house!

Well, Frosty, just PM me the finished roster of 5 ppl by sunday (give them a few more days to signup or whatnot :D)

And I wish I was doing GSC, but Finglonger's got that covered ;) If PE2K ends up needing ppl, expect to see me in 202 :p

Btw, Mew9, the reason BH's records reset was due to a server overload, and Masa basically erased his database.

Finglonger

Leper messiah
    Years
    yeah demonchaos Ive seen you around the pc server, sometimes under the sn of byrdman and occasionally finglonger. Forever testing my crappy rs teams ^_^. looks like you guys are getting it together, Id hate to see the mess serebii is in x_x, I don't even want to go over there. :paranoid:

Last edited:
    Back