• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Silver and Paul - Are they the same?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
    Years
    I wanted to know, because in the games, silver is a bad character. And in my hack, he is good? Silver and Paul, are they the same? Both are Bad, but Paul isn't as bad as Silver.

They don't really have emotions for Pokemon, and think only Strong Pokemon should exist. Er...They also have the same Pokemon, kind of. Take a look at these:

Silver and Paul - Are they the same?

See what I mean?

Anyways, Silver hasn't made many appearances, except for this one:

If anyone can answer my questions, please do. Thanks ;)

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 29, 2019
    Silver is actually much better than Paul. At the end of the G/S/C games, it is shown that Silver has learned to treat his pokemon well and has become a 'good' trainer. Also, this looks more like it should be in the TV show section.

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
    Wasn't PAUL one of the default names for your rival in G/S/C?
    I don't know. I know that /my/ rival was named PAUL.

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
    Wow. They do like fairly identical. Take the hair color they are both identical except for the hair length. I guess silver is bound to make more appearances if they do a remake of G/S/C. I think they are planning on doing this.

~SilverSoul

I'm Back!
    Years
    I think this would belong in the Pokemon General or tv show section, but I'm not totally sure.

Anyway, I never noticed the resemble before. That's really weird! That would be weird if they were like bro's or something :)

Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2009
    Well they do look almost exactly alike. Maybe Paul is secretly Silver. I know it sounds really stupid but in the show, they dont know much about Paul. Just that he is from Hearthrome City or whatever. I wouldnt be surprised if Paul reveals himself as Silver with a different hair color and a haircut.

Sounds kinda crazy, I know.

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
    Years
    I think this would belong in the Pokemon General or tv show section, but I'm not totally sure.

Anyway, I never noticed the resemble before. That's really weird! That would be weird if they were like bro's or something :)
    Oh, I didn't know. I thought because Silver is from G/S/C That, he would belong here in this section.

Well they do look almost exactly alike. Maybe Paul is secretly Silver. I know it sounds really stupid but in the show, they dont know much about Paul. Just that he is from Hearthrome City or whatever. I wouldnt be surprised if Paul reveals himself as Silver with a different hair color and a haircut.

That's funny, I don't think that'll happen though

GS the Bounty Hunter

Chomp Pwnz On Shoddy
    Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2009
    Silver and Paul are different people all together. Paul may be based on Silver but they are not the same person. Red and Ash look alike in some aspects but they're not the same person. It is also true that Silver and Paul have had similiar Pokemon. Ursaring,Sneasel,and Murkrow.

Years

Hehe. Paul is from Veilstone; not Hearthrome. We know that he does have a brother and unless Reiji also hides his hair I doubt it.
    It's more likely that he'd be connected with Team Galactic than be Silver. And if you go with the common belief that Silver if Giovanni's son (Remember that Special is pretty accurate, but still is a different cannon from the games.), that would be kinda weird.

I too speculated alot of bad things about Paul before Reiji showed up. So he nulls some of those evil plans. (Well; unless you wanna say Reiji is bad too.)

Paul and Silver really are alike. I wouldn't be surprised if he was based upon him. Does someone have a conformation that Paul was a default name? It sounds familiar...

And I guess it could go into anime, but it's relevant to the games as well.

GS the Bounty Hunter

Chomp Pwnz On Shoddy
    Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2009
    They weren't default names for your rival. Remember you battled you and never gets a chance to tell you his name. Then you tell the police officer what you want it to be. There were no defaults.

Years
    I think they just based Paul on Silver because they might make the group go to Johto like they did with Kanto and the Battle Frontier. That would also explain the evolutions of many Johto Pokemon in D/P/P. It could be an advertisement. They wanted to make a new character who reminded you of an old character. If they just put Silver as Ash's rival, it might be too obvious or seem uncreative that they didn't make a new character so they made Paul. It's just an idea. I'm not even sure if I'm right.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2010
    Come to think of it Silver has a Sneasel, and Paul has a Weavile. So maybe he IS the same!
    O.o
    If they are that would be so awesome!

Eureka1

Yay IIDX! :D
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jan 21, 2023
    They both suck, and Nintendo are pretty lazy so they probably just used the base design for Silver.

evilmewtwo

Mew Clone
    Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2008

silver and chucky - are they the same?
    irrelivent i know.
    eureka is probably right, but im hoping its a reference to a remake
    silver was the best rival, he was a huge s.o.b

ѕℓσωвяσ

PK Rockin' ★☆